The debate about what box is good or not so good

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,841 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I am Sorry if i offend someone just sharing my opinion and to jenseneverest yes can do better things like

GUI like VTI image trying with nextskin

better and some new designs on remote more usable plugins like android we can also pay 2 3 euro pro plugin native netflix amazon youtube and so on ...

And least WOS can put pressure on brands to be more innovative or we all will end up using Google OS . i will contribute to this site with all that i can because for people like Kiddac who make nice skins or even try do make something and will never again say something negative i am sorry

• Official Post

skopski

You are entitled to your opinion, it is an open forum, i happen to agree with some of what you are saying, like gigablue being rubbish. Some of what you are saying is also just plain wrong, but then i also have my own opinions.....

But this thread was about iptv being any good on a VU Zero and how much that box costs, the thread has gone way off topic.

Feel free to open your own thread if you want.

• skopski

You are entitled to your opinion, it is an open forum, i happen to agree with some of what you are saying, like gigablue being rubbish. Some of what you are saying is also just plain wrong, but then i also have my own opinions.....

But this thread was about iptv being any good on a VU Zero and how much that box costs, the thread has gone way off topic.

Feel free to open your own thread if you want.

Skopkie never called Gigablue rubbish. He rated Gigablue. Gigablue are not a rubbish receiver, if they where we would not be selling them. Just because you had a poor experience due to from what I remember first a driver issue which was fixed in a matter of days then a frequency change / signal issue does not make Gigablue rubbish.

VU+ have had certain ongoing driver issues, does not make them rubbish either! If you purchased a VU+ Ultimo 4K and had the same issue would VU+ have been called rubbish? Issues like you had can happen with any brand including le creme de la creme.

We see all sorts of issues with all brands of receivers, all makes and models have some kind of issue as do the likes of any other Electrical devices on the market or many other products on the market even cars. The thing is here we are enthusiasts that we like to tinker, tweak, improve our boxes and we talk about them on forums. If you bought a coffee machine and it didn't work as expected it would be returned to the retailer or a bad review left somewhere, that would be the end of it cos we don't discuss coffee machines (on this forum anyway, hope I don't offend any coffee machine enthusiasts :eye-tongue:). Hope it's understood what I'm trying to say.

Many, many times customers have contacted us to discuss a purchase and mentioned what they read on forum and that they perceived a certain brand as poor quality or rubbish and then gone on to buy those products and been over the moon with their purchases. What one person is not happy with, another is. A lot of the time comes down to requirements and budget.

Anyway this thread has gone off topic too much now.

Happy Friday everyone :party-time:

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Official Post

moved to a new thread so we can carry on our debate

My current boxes in use in order of favourite to less favourite

Vu duo 4k

Zgemma h7

Sf8008

Zgemma h5

Edision os mega

Cloud ibox 2 plus

Vu duo clone

Wetek play

• VU+ Duo 4K (SELECT YOUR TUNERS) PVR ready Linux Enigma Receiver UHD 2160p £309

Zgemma H7C 4K UHD H.265 HEVC Triple Tuner Combo 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2X Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream Digital Receiver £119

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver £109

Zgemma Star H5 FTA Two Tuner, SAT + Cable / T (H.265) £64

Edision os mega

Cloud ibox 2 plus

Vu duo clone

Wetek play

Quite big price jumps.

• Official Post

yeah very much so

Depends what you want tbh. I still need to buy a unicable lnb for the duo4k to reach its full potential on satellite

But having 8 cable tuners has been very handy that was my main reason to purchase the duo4k.

Given the above choice of boxes if I could only have one it would be the zgemma h7 you get a lot of box for your money and it can play some 4k file formats that duo4k can't.

• Given the above choice of boxes if I could only have one it would be the zgemma h7 you get a lot of box for your money and it can play some 4k file formats that duo4k can't.

This is good to hear, because that's exactly what I am planning to get as my first foray into the world of receivers.

• yeah very much so

Depends what you want tbh. I still need to buy a unicable lnb for the duo4k to reach its full potential on satellite

But having 8 cable tuners has been very handy that was my main reason to purchase the duo4k.

Given the above choice of boxes if I could only have one it would be the zgemma h7 you get a lot of box for your money and it can play some 4k file formats that duo4k can't.

I am very confused about this issue because i own an ultimo 4k and the H7 as of now but i have some serious issues on playback on some files. Now i think its a hardware issue because previously i owned ah HD51 and the same files were choppy.

Now granted i can not play these files natively on the ultimo 4k but using ext3 player or e2iplayer it works and there is no jerkiness.

So what is the real issue here? i have uploaded a few vids showing how bad my playback is

FILE SAYS INVALID

here is thr link

https://drive.google.com/file/…5DwIDXMI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/…Yan-G8eF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/…Dax9Xn6C/view?usp=sharing

• Official Post

I don't know any use of more than 2GB of flash memory. How much are you actually going to install on the receiver? For me, a better use of the extra partitions would be to have storage space set aside that is not overwritten so that when you flash an image, you picons are not overwritten. But for enthusiasts, the multiboot facility is better

Computer manufacturers do the same with the onboard graphics card. It chews into your RAM. The HDD space on pre-installed operating systems has a partition set aside for recovery. Are they cheating the end user?

All receivers/tuners have different ways of responding to poor signal. The Solo 4K just masked my signal issues and I could not adjust it correctly. I was stting up a Zgemma TC for someone and it would not work on the same cabling and using the same powered splitter. This forced me to to adjust the slope as and the Zgemma started working. So is the Zgemma better or Solo 4k better?

All receivers have their issues. But the Gigablue UE 4K has been fine for me apart from this USB tuner issue which they are investigating. They have already fixed one aspect within a couple of days of it being reported. This is a sign of a good company. I am in the same NetID as jenseneverest

My Solo 4k sat in the box for about 9 months because it just kept having tune failed messages. Suppose it was a pioneer with FBC.

BTW, Technomates Enigma2 receivers are boring now. You don't hear complaints about them, they just work. Surely everybody remembers Dr Linux and the TM800 as well as the initial problems the Twin had. After the issues were fixed, the twin has been a rock solid receiver apart from the 5V rail that people keep having issues with. All other TM Linux receivers have been fine.

• Official Post

yes technomate have been rock solid and the only hardware issue was replaced in house by there staff while I waited

Just nothing cutting edge from them in a long time.....

• Official Post

Hardware related because they have the same chipset i mean.

I was talking about a technomate box I had years ago

Sorry I don't have an hd51 so can't comment on it

• Official Post

Hardware related because they have the same chipset i mean.

I was talking about a technomate box I had years ago

Sorry I don't have an hd51 so can't comment on it

So which files are you referring to that the h7 can play and the duo 4k can not?

I'm on my mobile will upload the codec in question later

• Official Post

I don't know any use of more than 2GB of flash memory. How much are you actually going to install on the receiver? For me, a better use of the extra partitions would be to have

All receivers have their issues. But the Gigablue UE 4K has been fine for me apart from this USB tuner issue which they are investigating. They have already fixed one aspect within a couple of days of it being reported. This is a sign of a good company. I am in the same NetID as jenseneverest

granted new boxes have issues there are several on my duo4k but it is new

The gigablue is a couple of year's old.

I had issues with the twin dvbc tuner

Never tried any usb ones

Still a good box and wos support was second to none

• Hello!

Way back I remember you had some problems with Cloud iBox2, cable did not work as wanted but for me it all worked like a charm. I know you use cable a lot and I personally use everything (S/T/C ) depending on location. My dad uses Cloud ibox3, so maybe zgemma H5 would do just fine for him? Did zgemma manage to resolve some problems that Ibox2 and 3 had? Your opinion would be so interesting.

I see you like both zgemma H7 and Octagon SF8008. Octagon is in some way a newer/later one, why did you buy this if you like H7 better? Of cause zgemma H7 is a more mature product with all that comes with that.

Do they behave different when running the same image like pure2 or whatever you are using? Can you do the same stuff that Gorski has helped zgemma with? I have seen SF8008 with ac WIFI sticks, but most commonly with two WIFI antennas at the back.

What about high temperatures, H7 has room for internal drive and octagon can be used with external usb3.0 drive. Old Cloud iBoxes got hot and some put fan in to these. But how about H7 and 8008? H7 should get hotter than 8008 and also be noisier because of internal spinning drive?

Do you really use the usb3.0 and 1000Mbit Ethernet for anything, if so when do you need their speed?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!