Slyk EPG 7 day downloader

There are 120 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,333 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Slyk EPG 7 Day - V2.08

Last updated 04/02/2024

ab0f3c37b249eecfe.png

db566ee759.png

Warning this may not work on older boxes due to the amount of processing it is doing.

Plugin to download official Sky UK EPG via your enigma2 box using epg importer.

Can also populate UK Cable/Virgin EPG.

How to use.

The program uses Sat 28.2e lamedb file to get the service refs for the downloaded EPG data.

I highly recommend you do a satellite scan to get an up to date lamedb file first.

UK Sat -->

openatv - menu/setup/service searching/manual scan/type of scan - single satellite 28.2e

or

Auto Bouquets - select your region in HD and do a scan.

or

* edit 07/06/2019 - you can now also use the latest version of e-channelizer see this post
    Slyk EPG 7 day downloader

Download and install the IPK

Reboot gui.

Run the slykepg7day plugin which can be found in the plugins menu or in the same menu you find epgimporter (varies per box)

Set the auto update time to be about 10 mins before your epgimporter automatic update. Use a random time and not 7am or 8am etc.

Select the number of days you want. 1 to 7.

Press green to save your settings.

Press Yellow to start download.

Go into epgimporter plugin. Unselect all Rytec UK sources. Select SlykEPG7day.

Save. Run manual scan. Should get about 100000-170000 events.

Check your EPG either via epg guide or channel select or any of the other EPGs we now have.

There is a Cable/Virgin replacement file in /etc/enigma2/SlykEpg7day/virgin-replacements.txt

You can edit the virgin values in there (left), to match Sky Values (right)

Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly.

If its taking longer than 5 mins and your box seems unresponsive. The plugin has probably crashed.

On a fast box it should take about 1m 30s to 2mins. Depending on the speed of your internet. I have not tested it on a slow box.

You will need to turn your box off and on to get out of it.

• SlykEpg7day V1.08 now on post 1.

Better rules for picking up nearly all Virgin channels.

Ignorelist been added as an editable file in /etc/enigma2/SlykEpg7day/ignore-list.txt

virgin-replacments.txt can be amended in /etc/enigma2/SlykEpg7day/virgin-replacements.txt (use the actual name not the short picon name)

If editting any of the above 2 files please make sure it is valid by checking it in jsonlint.com

Also do not delete these 2 files. Clear the contents if you must, but don't delete the files.

On running the program I have moved the save settings function to the end of the process to help eliminate a crash

I have disabled the coloured buttons on start, as you could press them twice and the program would do weird things.

For those with the backports or lzma python module, the program schedules will now be compressed in xz format. Saving you about 30mb in space.

And for those who wish to see what channels are in their lamedb files. (excluding the channels I am ignoring). There is also a new folder now called output in.
    /etc/enigma2/SlykEpg7Day.

These csv files can be opened in Microsoft excel for easy reading.

And sorry I wont be doing the saorview channels. I think that would clash with my virgin code.

Enjoy.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• For anyone who reads their debug files, some tiny bit of data corrupts nearly every run.

I do not know if this is bad data from their end, or bad code my end.

Either way I catch it and ignore it. So don't worry about that problem.

It doesn't seem to affect anything.

• I just noticed that SayyiD has updated e-channelizer with my request to change the king of sat lamedb file to the short proper sky names. Good man. :thumbup:

V 19.1.0.601

To dowload latest sky28.2e lamedb file for people that don't have their own.

Open latest e-channelizer.

Click Home, download, kingofsat, next

Select Astra 2E/2G/2F.

Select Finished

Select Save as. Select a folder on your PC.

Copy lamedb file over to etc/enigma2/slykepg7day

• Right lets clear this thread again and try again.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

SlykEpg7day V1.09
    New file on post 1.

Fixed a bug in the last release that stopped the epg data being updated.

Fixed auto update crashing

• Official Post

CrossEPG works about the same as EPG Importer only diffrence is that you cant use offline xml source.

But that its easy to bypass just uploading the source to some webspace like i did with jenseneverest EPG.

And with CrossEPG i did get an almost perfect UK EPG for IPTV channels.

Same now if i use Jedi and use rytec epg in settings almost all my UK epg populates with CrossEPG

If i use EPG Importer i get zero working epg with same settings. But with Slyq 7days epg as source

i get epg on channels renamed the same as Satnames about 49000 events.

If i use E-Channelizer and assign EPG ID from Sat 28.2 i get working epg for IPTV channels that are the same as Sat channels with EPG Importer

but same there have to use the E-Channelizer source not the rytec source.

I have followed this thread in the background since i guess you have not start to maybe get plugin to work with IPTV yet?

So for IPTV it looks like E-Channelizer works better and with E-Channelizer i can assign EPG to all non UK channels also

But this project looks really promising and if someone will pull this of its you KiddaC :thumbup:

My comment is somewhat off topic so just delete it when you have read it KiddaC :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Official Post

Can we add these?

"BBC ONE East East": "BBC One East E",

"BBC ONE East Midlands": "BBC One E Mid",

"BBC ONE East West": "BBC One East W",

"BBC ONE NE & Cumbria": "BBC One NE&C",

"BBC ONE North West": "BBC One N West",

"BBC ONE Scotland HD": "BBC One ScotHD",

"BBC ONE South East": "BBC One S East",

"BBC ONE South West": "BBC One S West",

"BBC ONE Yorks & Lincs": "BBC One Yk&Li",

"BBC TWO NI HD": "BBC Two NI",

"BBC TWO Scotland": "BBC Scotland",

"BBC TWO Wales HD": "BBC Two Wal HD",

"Cartoon Network +1": "CN+1",

"Lifetime HD": "Lifetime",

"BBC ONE AD": "BBC One Lon",

"BBC TWO AD": "BBC Two",

"ITV Audio Desc": "ITV",

"Channel 4 Audio Desc": "Channel 4",

"Channel 5 Audio Desc": "Channel 5",

"S4C Audio Desc": "S4C",

• How can we get epg for the correct itv and bbc region ?

This is coming in the next version. BBC should already be correct anyway.

Over the last couple of days I have been plumbing in.

Option to compress programme data or not as a choice.
    Option to pick your main sky region locality.

Picking up all regional ITVs and STVs individual data, rather than as a collective.

Banging my head a against a wall trying to work out why every run there was a batch of bad data. :head banger: :spit: (which might potentially be the reason for freezes, but further testing required)

Eventually found out why very late last night :celebrate::firewor1k:
    Some international channels, namely Channel "islam channel urdu" and "iON" only have 1 entry in the programme schedule.

Which basically says no information available.

Now all the other schedules have a list of programmes in a Json list.

These 2 in particular as they only have 1 entry are not in a json list, but in a json dictionary.
    With python you loop through a dictionary differently than you would a list. Hence an error being thrown.

And it was bloody difficult to spot as a list is [ ] where as a dictionary is { }

Therefore the solution is I just need to see if the epg data is a single dictionary, if so wrap it in a list. Bleeding simple in the end. (2 days laters)

• Because ABM scan gives the correct channel name for virgin.

The above to channel id doesn't map to numbers just renames for ITV sky UK regions.

I thought it might have been some use to get all regional data without full service reference but use channel id

• Official Post

The above to channel id doesn't map to numbers just renames for ITV sky UK regions.

but if the same was done for cable then surely it would be okay ? The issue on cable at least is all the itv regional channels are just named "ITV"

Yes it moves away from the official naming method, but lets face it, it is crap

We actually have the same issue here:

cross epg with alias list for VM cable

but have elected to choose region, then populate.... It is a bodge

I know im going off topic here....sorry im sure KiddaC will delete as required

• ABM is doing a sat scan which is a lot more compicated than what I am doing.

for example I download ITV granada data with ref 6130. This is the same ID used in ABM.

But there is no cross reference to this in the lamedb file at all. If there was my job is easy.

I think I might of sorted it any way. Just doing some testing now.

• Hello.

I also wanted to create a similar plugin. Finally, I gave up on him.

The big problem with EPG data is exactly what it describes KiddaC. Therefore, assigning a name to a service (SRN) or specifying a service reference code (SRC) is quite problematic. Each provider may specify its own channel names and also use different service reference codes (based on satellite configuration data). So they are often quite different. It is then difficult to determine which EPG data from other sources belong to a channel. EPG import is therefore a serious and eternal problem.

Finally, I only directed my effort into a simple plug-in that downloads a copy of the "epg.dat" file from the Internet and overwrites it in "/etc/enigma2" folder with the configured interval (once every three days for example) and by clock (for example, at 04:00 in the morning) - via the Enigma functions of course, not directly through the linux operating system.

Uploading an "epg.dat" file to a free-hosting server will be ensured by another set-top box, through bash-script scheduled through the CRON service, as I don't want to create an EPG file plugin (I'm a lazy man ha ha). Also on the main set-top box, the EPG-Refresh plugin must be set up and functional so that the EPG data in the file is all available and not just some channels that the set top box user has watched over the last days.

If anyone is interested, here is my source code on github (the plugin "EPG download & replace" for downloading EPG file and the bash-script for uploading EPG file):

https://github.com/s3n0/e2plugins

• @s3n0 everything you mention above is what I am trying to overcome with this plugin.

We are trying to get everything done on your enigma2 box without the need for any other process or plugin other than requiring epg importer.

No need for external import of epg.dat

No need to upload/download from external server.

No need for epg refresh.

No need for over the air EPG which isn't the max 7 days but just a snippet.

No need for webgrabplus.

No need to rely on Rytec or autoboquet maker which isn't always 100% up to date.

An EPG that can also possible be used for IPTV channels and not just Sat/Cable.

We are very nearly there. :eye-tongue:

• :sadgun:

SlykEpg7day V1.12

new file on post 1

Picks up regional itv/stv channels whether standard lamedb file used or whether abm lamedb file used. (refs for this are now in a new file called "manual-refs". May be subject to change.

Also now has ITV, ITV HD, ITV +1, STV, STV HD for cable. STV just being Scottish West.

A little bug that a can't be bother fixing is it seems some regions also bring in ITV London + 1, as well as its own ITV +1.

This causes ITV London + 1, to show local region instead. Unless of course your are a Londoner. No big deal.

Added in further checks to prevent any more unicode errors. I know why this happens. json files are unicode. Edit the json file. It writes UTF. So we end up with a mxture of encoding.

Please tell me this now all works. :laugh1:

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!