Slyk EPG 7 day downloader

There are 120 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,491 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• I'm experiencing hanging at "Downloading individual programme schedules" too only since a few weeks ago.

It occurred after upgrading my Vu+ Duo2 to the latest build of OpenATV 6.4, so I flashed a vanilla image of 6.3 to no avail.

I've tried changing all options within the plugin too (No. of days, use provided lamedb, different regions, etc), which hasn't helped.

I've also tried my own compilation of the IPK file as well as the one on this forum, both being v1.14. I've noticed it isn't available to download via Plugins too.

Please help ASAP, Kiddac. EPG Importer and Cross EPG are nothing compared to your solution!

• tbe  perfectium

What exactly is wrong with this plugin. I never use it myself.

Got some spare time tonight to have a look at it.

I do not have it installed anymore but it was hanging both my boxes when it was creating its output. 1 box is my vu+ solo 4k and the other is a world vision force 1 plus, old box now but allows me to have 3 tuners and both running openatv 6.4. Not really worried about it anymore but used to set it up for 7days epg. Not much help other than that I’m afraid but if you want me to re-install and try again I will be only to glad to help you. Thanks and let me know.

• OK after hours of investigation I know why this program stopped working now.

Sky changed the behaviour of it's program listings json file.

If a program has no description they delete that field. Instead of keeping that shortDesc field as Null.

My plugin was looking for that field and the crash was happening in a thread so it wasn't being relayed back to the main screen or logs.

So for any one that used to use this plugin, I will finish updating it tomorrow. I have also now stripped out all the virgin and cable stuff too.

81fbfdf4d5b28.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thanks, KiddaC. I'm very grateful for you pushing this to the top of your list and spending the time diagnosing the cause.

I look forward to installing the updated IPK file this weekend. :)

Thanks again, buddy. You're a legend.

• New file on post 1.

Fixed the hanging/crashing issue again.

Not bad for a throw-away plugin. Lasted nearly a year and half before it broke.

And only handful of tiny amends in the meantime.

I like plugins like that, write it, forget about it...unlike my jedi and xstreamity that need engraving on my grave stone. :zip it:

• KiddaC it looks like it is installing in the wrong place, seems to have created 3 folders on the Internal Flash called ‘.git’, ‘CONTROL’ and ‘SlykEpg7day’. There are then subfolders or files in each one. Assume this is incorrect?

Ran Blue button, Plugins, IPK Installer but does not appear in Plugins even after restart. If I run Remove Plugins (Red button in Plugins) it sees it and after removal the 3 aforementioned folders are gone.

• Hi KiddaC,

I'm experiencing this issue on two boxes. One is a Zgemma H9S, the other is a Vu+ Duo2. Both are running the latest release of OpenATV 6.4.

Via E-Channelizer, re. the channels which are missing data (Sky Sports excl. Golf), I've also tried all channel references (SD and HD). I've also deleted epg.dat.

One thing to note is XMLTV's feeds are missing the same data for the same channels, so the source you use, if the same, could be the problem.

Any help is very appreciated.

• I was looking into this before as I also got gaps.
    I might have gone over board but this is what I did.

So I cleared my epg completely

I updated my autobouquetmaker files

I ran a scan with autoboquetmaker with no categories hidden

I ran a full manual scan (not abm)

Re ran slyk epg 7 days

Re ran epg importer with both slyk7days checked and rytec sky uk channels checked.

My epg is now 99.9% populated.

• I still use it - nothing does as good a job at matching the EPG for my IPTV provider.

I just came here to check if there was an update after I upgraded to OpenATV7 Beta - it no longer appears in the Plugin menu after installation on v7.

Might have to go back to EPG-Import from Rytek and see how successful that is - unless anyone knows a better way?

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!