Anyone in the UK have a Dreambox (DM920)

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,341 times. The last Post () by Chris230291.

• Hi there,

Is there anyone from the UK in here, using a Dreambox, or perhaps any Enigma 2 box?

I recently set mine up for the first time. When viewing with local DVB-T2, my EPG is corrupted, like this

CSCfECS.png

I'm still using DreamOS (latest stable version, Sept 11 2019).

If there are any UK users out here, perhaps you can please let me know what you use to receive UK EPGs on our DVB-T2 "Freeview" and Astra 28.2E "Freesat" platforms?

I realise there is a choice of images out there, but if there's one you've found which is better suited for UK use (but I also receive Astra 19.2E) I'd appreciate the heads up!

Many thanks.

EDIT: The EPG appears to work on most SD channels. EG, if I visit BBC One SD, the EPG is clear. It seems to mainly affect the HD channels which use DVB-T2.

Edited once, last by Vindictor: Additional info ().

• I know this is old but it is close enough that maybe I can get some help here.

I just got a new dm920 and am trying to get the EPG for UK channels to work. So far, for UK channels I can only get "now and next", EPG channel information from other services works fine. Did anyone find some way to get more than a "now and next" guide for UK channels?

• Hi there, thanks for the reply and sorry for the lack of information I assumed it would be easy as I am using all the vanilla options.

So

DM920 ultraHD

Dreambox OS 4.3.2r12-2020-05-12

I am trying to use the multiepg or graphicepg that basically came as default (I tried adding merlin but it made no difference. I also tried Epgimport but having tried to import the rytec UK freesat services it made no difference in fact it seemed to do nothing so I am continuing with EPG refresh which works fine for the Swiss channels but with little effect on UK (astra 28.2) channels. I have taken some photos of the configuration and have specified refresh on bouquet.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanksIMG_20230721_084625.jpgIMG_20230721_084647.jpg

• In essence EPG Refresh is just a channel zapper. You have to activate/select certain channels to absorb the EPG from the satellite, so it fulfils that function.

I am not familiar with Dreambox OS. Do you not have an EPG settings menu where you can enable the various EPG readers?

Edit:

If so, you have to enable the Freesat reader as well as OpenTV EPG reader ( if the image has it). After you enable them, you have to zap to following channels

• SKY UK : Channel name: IEPG Data 1. Satellite: 28.2E Transponder details: DVB-S, 11778 MHz, Vertical, 27500 Symbols, FEC 2/3.
    • Freesat (28.2e) : Satellite: 28.2E, Transponder details: DVB-S, 11426 MHz, Horizontal, 27500 Symbols, FEC 2/3.

Note: Although Freesat EPG is on all transponders, it is at slow speed. The above transponder allows fast absorption.

• Official Post

I have not been on that satellite for many years.

But Transponder epg used to be on 28 east scan tp, 11.777 v 27.500

any TV channel on this transponder, used to load the 7 day epg on your stb.

• Thank you for all this information, I am away from home now for a few days so will have to look at it next week.

I was hoping to keep the image as standard as possible. I can specify a channel in epgrefresh where to take the EPG from so maybe I will have to try a combination of things.

I will post an update middle of next week when I can look further.

• Can one of the mods set something up?

Keep all of the info in the first post in a nice table or something?

Column 1 = sat, column 2 = package, column 3 = minimum required transponders to scan for complete epg.

• well I tried including the frequencies above in the scan and really it made no difference, I am still stuck with a now and next.

I imagine the issue is that epgrefresh with dreamos has no capability to interpret the EPG data from those frequencies.

I read (in another forum) and it seems to be the case that dreambox, or support of dreamos, is no more so perhaps I should try one of the many alternative images for my box.

I am reluctant to do that because I had some bad experience with alternative images on a vu+ but since I need the 28.2e freesat EPG it seems to be the only way unless someone here has it working

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!