[Plugin] VPN Manager

There are 556 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 168,053 times. The last Post () by urie.

• I get the following error,

Code
     * calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter:
     *     python-json *
     * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter.
  • I have been using VPN Manager now for a couple of years together with E2iplayer. It worked fine. I havent used my Zgemma H7 box for a few days and when turned on VPN manager shows you all the connections on the list on the left Brussels etc but when double clicked on to get the VPN working the right hand side shows your connection and internet provider then goes blank and then should show your VPN connection but just comes back to your ip address and provider. I had other images installed. A couple of Pure and others, two Python 3 which worked before. Now nothing. Reinstalled from backups and plugins I had saved using Pure recovery image and VPN manager wont work on any image. I used ver 1.1.7 for Pythan 3 images and 1.1.4 for pythan 2. They all load VPN manager fine, sees the ovpn file on usb but wont connect. It tries to connect. Downloaded the latest ovpn file from IPVanish but still no joy.

Has anybody any idea. Thanks for reading.

I get no error code

Edited once, last by bodger2: Added I get no error code. ().

• I have been using VPN Manager now for a couple of years together with E2iplayer. It worked fine. I havent used my Zgemma H7 box for a few days and when turned on VPN manager shows you all the connections on the list on the left Brussels etc but when double clicked on to get the VPN working the right hand side shows your connection and internet provider then goes blank and then should show your VPN connection but just comes back to your ip address and provider. I had other images installed. A couple of Pure and others, two Python 3 which worked before. Now nothing. Reinstalled from backups and plugins I had saved using Pure recovery image and VPN manager wont work on any image. I used ver 1.1.7 for Pythan 3 images and 1.1.4 for pythan 2. They all load VPN manager fine, sees the ovpn file on usb but wont connect. It tries to connect. Downloaded the latest ovpn file from IPVanish but still no joy.

I get no error code

have you checked your nameservers settings

I get no error code

have you checked your nameservers settings

It set it up automatically. I checked on my setup its 192.168.1.1 which I think worked before

• I finally found the problem it was my router. On my internet suppliers forum a couple of people were saying there works VPN connection was being stopped.

The reply was to reset the router as the none connection problem was sometimes caused by a software update on your router. Pressing the pin in to reset it worked straight away. I had already tried rebooting which had`nt worked. Another reply was if that did`nt work to swop out the router.

• Hi everyone!

1) I have sat receiver Gigablue Trio 4K, the latest Open ATV image (with Python 3) and latest VPN Manager installed, all working OK.

2) My VPN provider = IPVanish. I have dowloaded a configs folder by them. In it was included a series of ".ovpn" files and a "c.ipvanish.com.crt" and nothing else.

My question. What other files i need and how I configure them before I transferred them all in the "openvpn" folder of my hdd?

Thank you!

• dsayers wrote "

Yes just send all files to hdd/openvpn

To save typing username and password you can create a pass.file add your username and password and send that to hdd/openvpn"

I have already did all the above. In the "openvpn" folder of my hdd there are all the downloaded ".ovpn" files, the ".crt" file and the "pass.file" but still no light. It apparently needs something more and this is what I was asking for. By the way, the "Resolv conf" is red (=some problem with this).

Anyway, thank you very mucj dsayers for your reply.

• dsayers wrote "

Yes just send all files to hdd/openvpn

To save typing username and password you can create a pass.file add your username and password and send that to hdd/openvpn"

I have already did all the above. In the "openvpn" folder of my hdd there are all the downloaded ".ovpn" files, the ".crt" file and the "pass.file" but still no light. It apparently needs something more and this is what I was asking for. By the way, the "Resolv conf" is red (=some problem with this).

Anyway, thank you very mucj dsayers for your reply.

is the file named pass.file it should not be pass.file.txt

username on first line password on second line

• Hi everyone!

1) I have sat receiver Gigablue Trio 4K, the latest Open ATV image (with Python 3) and latest VPN Manager installed, all working OK.

2) My VPN provider = IPVanish. I have dowloaded a configs folder by them. In it was included a series of ".ovpn" files and a "c.ipvanish.com.crt" and nothing else.

My question. What other files i need and how I configure them before I transferred them all in the "openvpn" folder of my hdd?

Thank you!

Hi Astrolabos,

I use VPNManager V1.1.7 latest off this site for pyththon 3 installed ipk by add plugins. I create a folder on my usb stick called ovpn. I download the latest IPVanish ovpn files to that folder just unzipping file from downloads into that folder. I do this regularly as some of the servers change.

Open vpnmanager after installing on add ons and then select menu.

Change

VPN free mode Off as you use IPVanish.

All configs in one folder. On

Storage location for config files (OVPN folder). media/hdd/ovpn

default dns which you sometimes have to set.

Auto start on.

Open VPN resolve On.

Set optional dns server off.

Then enter your user name for IPVanish account.

Then your password.

Press enter and all settings will be remembered.

Come out of the menu and select the server and country from the list you want to use. It boots up to the last server you used.

Hope this helps

• Hi All,

Can anyone help me? I had to reflash my Zgemmah H92s yesterday with the latest OpenVix build (6.2.001), but I am encountering a similar issue to that in post 342 (Python-json error):

* calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager:

* python-requests * python-json *

* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager.

I have tried installing v1.1.4, the latest version, and even v1.0.4 but get the same message every time. Any ideas?

• you are installing wrong version new vix builds are python 3 you need to install

enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!