[Plugin] VPN Manager

There are 546 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 166,164 times. The last Post () by djmx.

• Hello, dont know if this has been asked:

My VPN is PIA, i connect just fine for most EU servers, whereas US servers and Canada servers do not connect.

The "connecting" animation works for EU servers, and not at all for American servers.

Configs are all in order, checked double checked..

Thanks

• Did you reboot after choosing the appropriate server? That's how I get mine going. Remember to enable "OpenVpn autostart" in the VPN manger menu

• Unfortunately no,

rebooting after choosing the appropriate server did not work.

I connect just fine to the servers i listed, its just US and CA that seems to not work (they work on latest Openvpn version on Windows)

Thanks for replying bud, have a good week.

• Hi,

is it possible to configure this plugin from console?

If yes, where's the configuration file located?

If I enable "autostart", what file is created in /etc/init.d?

THX

• Hi , I have installed fresh openatv 7.1 on my Solo2 and tried to install vpn manager , but get error message when I try to launch it I got the log file attached maybe someone knows why I am getting this error message , also ip checker gives strange external Ip info , also tried in telenet

Code
    wget -qO - ipinfo.io/ip
    but also the same info could be related ?

not sure if I am in the right forum? but

any help would be appreciated

• Hi guys,

any chance to install this plugin on OpenPLI 8.3. ? I use a VU UNO 4K box with the latest openpli image.

Unfortunately while trying to install the IPK file I cant see the plugin anywhere even there is a message "plugin installed successfully". Any ideas about this?

I have PureVPN config file which I would like to use. The purevpn plugin doesnt work for me either so I wanted to try vpnmanager plugin.

thx!

• I don`t know much but there is a different version of vpnmanager. ipk for the version of Python on your sat image. I guess that needs a Python 3 plugin say vpnmanager ver 1.17. if the image is Python 2 then use an older version of vpnmanager. they are all in the forum with some good guides to set them up. You add your ovpn file to vpnmanager when its installed. Your vpn service will let you download and you can install all and just select the one you want for what you want to do. Its straight forward and really good software when you set it up.

• I've been trying to get this plugin to work on my Dreambox for a long time without success.

With the openatv image everything works fine (with openvpn plugin openatv native) but I need an image based on DreamOs such as newnigma, Dreamelite or Merlin (I need the streamserver) and in these images I never got it to work.

I've tried all these images with all available variants and always without success. Now and after many rounds I got a log file with the error but honestly I don't understand it... the fastestvpn support line (who provides me with the service) is also unable to give me an explanation or a solution...

"Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 OpenVPN 2.3.8 arm-oe-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Feb 9 2018

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2h 3 May 2016, LZO 2.09

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 Control Channel Authentication: tls-auth using INLINE static key file

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 UDPv4 link local: [undef]

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thu Jan 1 01:33:55 1970 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

Thu Jan 1 01:33:56 1970 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid: C=KY, O=FastestVPN, CN=FastestVPN Root CA

Thu Jan 1 01:33:56 1970 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

Thu Jan 1 01:33:56 1970 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error

Thu Jan 1 01:33:56 1970 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

• On OpenATV and OpenVIX PY3, VPN Manager 1.17 installs fine, connects to the server, but no internet connection activity. There is a warning on the information page saying "No IPV6 has been configured for tun0 therefore the route installation may fail, or may not work as expected" . I have attached screenshot of the Warning/error. I'm using Privateinternetaccess (PIA). How do I fix the problem?

• hi there i have a satelite box running E2 with pia vpn on it but the sports channels black screen like elevens or sport tvs i thought with the vpn would sorted the issue streaming that's wy i installed vpn
    but to be honest didn't make any diference (black screen) i do have good connections with servers like japan i have a good internet connection
    so therefore for me didn't work but on smart tv and android devices is ok
    so i am very disapointed with vpn because i thought it will sort all streaming issues on E2box ( zgemma )
    thanks keep the good work

• jubij , I think you should also state if this is satellite or IPTV, seems as if it is IPTV since you are running also on tv and android box.

Also what image are you running and what is STB it could be old STB and not capable of showing stream type.

• hi i have iptv and satellite with zgemma H92s and iptv with formulers z and on iptv is ok but with satellite i thought would sort the problem and of course satellite is not streaming my mistake so vpn doesn't work with my e2 boxes if someone could help or has this working i would apreciated a little help

my image is open vix 6.2.009 with python 3.10.4

thanks urie

• THanks

• hi i have iptv and satellite with zgemma H92s and iptv with formulers z and on iptv is ok but with satellite i thought would sort the problem and of course satellite is not streaming my mistake so vpn doesn't work with my e2 boxes if someone could help or has this working i would apreciated a little help

my image is open vix 6.2.009 with python 3.10.4

thanks urie

VPN manager does work on E2 boxes but you do not need VPN for satellite also you do not need to download vpn Manager from this thread the correct python3 version is in Plugins / Downloads/ Extensions. And you also need to search and download openvpn config files from your VPN supplier and copy them to Hard drive folder example: NordVPN folder or SurfsharkVPN folder there are also other VPN plugins in extensions that will download the config files via the plugin surfshark vpn , pure vpn, perfect privacy vpn

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!