EPG Import mod from Dorik1972 Support Thread

There are 442 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 53,498 times. The last Post () by jazzyman.

• , but I think one member referring to another member as opponent does not help at all wrong attitude totally.

OPPONENT

Code
    late 16th cent. (denoting a person opening an academic debate by proposing objections to a philosophical or religious thesis): from Latin opponent- ‘setting against’, from the verb opponere, from ob- ‘against’ + ponere ‘place’.

This is an interpretation of this term from the Oxford English Dictionary ... Why does the use of this term to my interlocutor cause misunderstanding? What is offensive or "belligerent" about it? Is academic debate disrespectful to the interlocutor?

Probably my English skills are not good enough.... next time I will treat users in the style of my interlocutor... "your alter ego", "jerk", " look at yourself" and other terms and definitions that significantly increase the level of academic debate ... perhaps these terms and turns of speech help to understand the cause of the error and how to fix it without providing a detailed log of its occurrence :nerd face:

Maybe the official one was installed from the plugin server, then something else was done to cause the crash.

Why engage in "guessing"? A detailed error log and/or a description of its occurrence is enough .. but ... it is not ... Instead, we have a page that discusses the meanings of "terms" and "definitions" in English.... I propose to finish their discussion and focus on the technical details, if any. Even better - remove all these "philosophizings" in no way related to technical nuances from this thread of the topic

• Official Post

Language changes. Almost everyone nowadays will use opponent in context of someone fighting you. No such thing is happening.

On all forums, people do not post full details. Sometimes a bit easier to get blood out of stone. We don't need to go into derogatory/inflammatory/provocative terms. A simple request saying following would have sufficed:

I am unable to reproduce the issue. Can you detail all the steps to recreate the issue as well as attaching debug log.

There is no need to respond to my post. We would like to keep our forum welcoming and friendly. Thank you.

• Ho provato la versione .deb che ho installato senza segnalazione di errori su un dm920, subito dopo aver fatto una nuova installazione di immagine originale dreambox con gli ultimi aggiornamenti disponibili. Ho eseguito l'installazione mettendo il file .deb in /tmp e poi utilizzando il percorso dell'immagine originale "installazione estensioni locali". Ho impostato i sorgenti che vorrei scaricare, ma quando avvio l'installazione si blocca su "0 canali scaricati" e non mi consente di fare niente altro. Per sbloccare devo spegnere il decoder dal pulsante posteriore. Non ho avuto crash per cui non mi genera un crashlog. Mi piacerebbe sapere cosa sbaglio, se occorre installare qualche dipendenza o altro. Se il plugin genera comunque un file di log, se mi viene detto dove lo mette, lo posso postare. Grazie

I tried the .deb version that I installed without reporting errors on a dm920, immediately after doing a new installation of the original dreambox image with the latest updates available. I did the installation by putting the .deb file in /tmp and then using the original "install local extensions" image path. I set the sources I would like to download, but when I start the installer it freezes at "0 channels downloaded" and won't let me do anything else. To unlock I have to turn off the decoder from the rear button. I haven't had any crashes so it doesn't generate a crashlog. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, whether any dependencies need to be installed or whatever. If the plugin still generates a log file, if I'm told where it puts it, I can post it. Thank you

• Ho provato la versione .deb che ho installato senza segnalazione di errori su un dm920, subito dopo aver fatto una nuova installazione di immagine originale dreambox con gli ultimi aggiornamenti disponibili. Ho eseguito l'installazione mettendo il file .deb in /tmp e poi utilizzando il percorso dell'immagine originale "installazione estensioni locali". Ho impostato i sorgenti che vorrei scaricare, ma quando avvio l'installazione si blocca su "0 canali scaricati" e non mi consente di fare niente altro. Per sbloccare devo spegnere il decoder dal pulsante posteriore. Non ho avuto crash per cui non mi genera un crashlog. Mi piacerebbe sapere cosa sbaglio, se occorre installare qualche dipendenza o altro. Se il plugin genera comunque un file di log, se mi viene detto dove lo mette, lo posso postare. Grazie

I tried the .deb version that I installed without reporting errors on a dm920, immediately after doing a new installation of the original dreambox image with the latest updates available. I did the installation by putting the .deb file in /tmp and then using the original "install local extensions" image path. I set the sources I would like to download, but when I start the installer it freezes at "0 channels downloaded" and won't let me do anything else. To unlock I have to turn off the decoder from the rear button. I haven't had any crashes so it doesn't generate a crashlog. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, whether any dependencies need to be installed or whatever. If the plugin still generates a log file, if I'm told where it puts it, I can post it. Thank you

Hi,

I have same pb with DM920, The same problem my receiver freeze when i try to import any channels , the only way is restart the receiver , and I did not find a solution to solve freeze pb, and the developer tried to convince me that the error was on my part, so I ignored the plugin because the developer did not try to fix the error that occurs with the Dream box receivers.

br

Edited once, last by iet8 ().

• For some reason the "delete EPG before import" does not work anymore.

Anyone else having this issue?

[EPGDB] create empty /etc/enigma2/epg.db

[EPGImport] EPG database located at /etc/enigma2/epg.db

[EPGImport] Save the EPGchache to database file /etc/enigma2/epg.db ...

• For some reason the "delete EPG before import" does not work anymore.

Anyone else having this issue?

it's not an issue, it's designed that way. There is no practical use for this feature. The algorithm for filling the SQL database is written in such a way that this is not required, especially considering the constant operation of the "dbleanup" function in DreamOS :winking face:

• ::: SCREEN: EPGImportConfig :::

[Skin ERROR] Attribute not implemented: rendervalue:Label

This is a completely different error. It appears when you exit the plugin. Plugin is working. It can be corrected too. To do this, I need to install a VTI image ... and write a small patcher for the skin.py of this image ... I already wrote it, but it is used in another plugin. Somehow I'll add it here. VTI is not my "priority"... It's the most "terrible" image, despite the latest 4.x Linux kernel it uses, unlike the others that are still on 3.x

In principle, I have a "framework" ready for a complete rework of this plugin ... All developments have been tested and worked on - RE: [Plugin] E2m3u2bouquet

Hi Pepsik,

Do you have any idea when you're going to release a new version of your EPG import mod with your new "framework"?

• In a parallel universe I made a suggestion, I am not sure if it achievable or just bad thought. Is it possible to.....

1. Add option to select the downloaded epg based on sat not on country? For example, if user download know what is the languages, countries etc, just select the sat he had, hotbird 13 as example and the plugin automatically select the best resources match with his selection.

2. Epgimport is the first step in epg data collection, and working mainly as background process, so it is possible to add automatic translation option to incoming data prior store it in epg.dat? So user can select a specific language and the system translate. (may be this is not working idea but it just idea)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!