History Zap Selector for OpenPli (6.x-9.x) © Dorik1972

There are 206 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,289 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• upload the last ipk/deb to easy install from telnet

Mahmoud Hussein will be infinitely happy :hugging face: Like other users who prefer this type of plugin installation ...

Indeed, my friend, I feel happy for the effort you have made to make the viewing experience more enjoyable, and there is a lot of praise and thanks given by many users after trying the plugin after it was developed, improved by you, and I hope that your enthusiasm for further development and bright ideas will continue.

Thanks @biko_73 for your help and support

Have a great day

Regards

• pepsik and Marcus1305

Just as short info for you - with latest version(s) > MENU > set 'background image....' to NO history zap opens again immediately here!

(only with that setting set to YES I have this ~2 sec delay)

• Just as short info for you - with latest version(s) > MENU > set 'background image....' to NO history zap opens again immediately here!

If I understand you correctly, this is not a plugin issue, this is how the native Components.ConfigList.ConfigListScreen class of any image works. As long as you have NOT saved the changes, they are not applied. Yes, I can "override" this so that when you change the "slider" (on/off) the settings are applied immediately ... but what's the point? Is it hard to press the "green" button to save changes? If I do as you ask, it won't ask the question "exit without saving the settings ?". and that is not convenient for me. It is much easier to change all the necessary settings and then use the "green" button or discard the changes made when leaving the settings menu.

Or did I misunderstand your question/desire?

p.s. I'll illustrate in "pictures."

Open the plugin and we have a background image

Снимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 11.49.46.png

Go to the settings menu, switch off the display of the background picture, and save the changes

Снимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 11.50.31.png

After clicking "save" we are again in the list of plugin "switching list", but the background picture is no longer there

Снимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 11.51.07.png

All settings are applied only after pressing the "save" button ... You can change anything you need and press "save" once

• (only with that setting set to YES I have this ~2 sec delay

It's not a plugin problem, we've found out the cause of this "phenomenon" with you before ... It's just that you are using a very "dumb" USB-stick (SD-card) where your E2 image is located ... The only thing I can do is to "switch off" by default the background image after the first (initial) installation, and if the user needs it, he can "switch it on" in the settings.

• openatv 7.4 dev,

You decided to find an image where it doesn't work? =) Do you have a stable crash or did it happen once?

Actually what I see in the log is that in the E2 image where it should give eServiceReference object(https://dream.reichholf.net/py…1_1eServiceReference.html), the image gives NoneType object ... I'm not sure if it's a plugin error ... the most I can do is to make the plugin not crash ... but then there will be no channel switching list and it will not be clear why .... openatv 7.4- is very deep dev =)

openvix

Are you sure this image is Python3-based ? Download and reinstall 1.0.25 from the post earlier ...

Also based on the log ... it seems to me that you could call the plugin WITHOUT created bouquets or at least one configured channel ... on a clean image right after its first installation and no channel was playing on the screen ... In this case such a crash is possible.

• openvix,

I installed this "miracle" ... it's a mix of OpenATV and OpenPli ... The system kernel is taken from the former, skins from the latter ... Yes there is Python 3.11 ... but I have no problems with crashes ... everything works like everywhere else.

Снимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 22.08.53.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 22.17.10.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 22.17.48.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 22.18.23.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-26 в 22.18.59.png

I think you started the plugin when you have not tuned any channel and you have never watched any program... There will be such a crash ... I did not take this option into account. It will be added to analyze this situation and display a message

• pepsik

Sorry for inconvenience, I test it over openatv 7.4 and openvix because it support streamrelay option in addition to openpli dev and openblack hole.

However, some users report some issue with automatic translation option in pure2 7.3 which available only for some boxes. They could not enable the option to select translation language, but the good news the plugin behave normally once they disable it.

I will check with different image and revert back to you.

By the way, is it possible to force the image to use history zap selector (the plugin) once successfully installed on the image instead of the built-in history zap? Currently you have to use hot key method to replace the built-in image history zap with history zap selector.

The reason behind this request was funny, many users after installation can't understand they have to assign a key to launch the plugin and keep report it not show or not working.

Regards

• Sorry for inconvenience, I test it over openatv 7.4 and openvix because it support streamrelay option in addition to openpli dev and openblack hole.

streamrelay = RE: Streamlinkproxy Python3 Only! . I have already adapted this "function" and it is available to you on any Python3-based image ... Including OpenPli 9.0 and OpenBH 5.x. -... There in the thread in the first post (Streamlinkproxy Python3 Only!) - are examples of how to form bouquets for use

However, some users report some issue with automatic translation option in pure2 7.3 which available only for some boxes.

The option of automatic translation without a key file is only available in HistoryZap , but is not available in the standard EventView window. And I don't see a single reason not to work anywhere if the yellow button translation works. The same piece of code is responsible for this

By the way, is it possible to force the image to use history zap selector (the plugin) once successfully installed on the image instead of the built-in history zap? Currently you have to use hot key method to replace the built-in image history zap with history zap selector.

Nothing is impossible, but in this case you can't achieve universality. There are images where there is no such inbuilt function (OpenPli, any DreamOS-based e.t.c.)... That's why the "hot button" strategy was chosen - it works everywhere

The reason behind this request was funny, many users after installation can't understand they have to assign a key to launch the plugin and keep report it not show or not working.

I'd rather not target users with "limited" intelligence :grinning face with smiling eyes: .... these are not my users ...

1) The plugin is in the main plugin menu and can be invoked like any other. It is also in the additional menu (by the blue button).

2) Hot button functionality is specially implemented in any image for the convenience of users. If users don't know about it, what does it have to do with me or the plugin?

• I did some experiments with the possibility of translating the entire list of channel changes along with descriptions and names of programs... In principle, it works quite fast provided that the list is not more than 20-30 entries. Processing speed directly depends on the speed of your internet connection and the number of records... On a list of 30 records on my VU+ Ultimo4K or DM900UHD with a 1Gbit/sec connection, the process takes about a second. This is tolerable and not particularly annoying to use. It looks like this and works if automatic translation to a given language is enabled

Снимок экрана 2023-10-27 в 12.41.27.png

This feature, as well as the ability to translate the names of programs, will be included in the next version and will be available only to "key" owners ... I will also have to limit the list size to 30 instead of the 60 allowed at the moment so that there are no complaints about "slowing down" ... Every time I have to explain that "miracles don't happen" I have no desire to do that :upside down face:

• reinstall it again after your fix comment,

1) I didn't write you that I fixed it. If you interpreted the phrase "Are you sure this image is Python3-based ? Download and reinstall 1.0.25 from the post earlier ..." ... This should be interpreted as - "IF the OpenVix image is on Python2 - reinstall the plugin and check it out".

2) Then I installed OpenVix and saw Python 3.11 there ... I explained to you the reason for the error you had in the last log and made screenshots of everything working.

3) The error in your new log is completely different and I can't repeat it for now .... ... I'll finish modifying the plugin code, update the version, and then you can test it.... I think you'll like the modified functionality

• UPDATE

1) Fixed crash on Open ATV 7.4 and OpenVix 6.4 which was reported by some users by providing the log of this error.

2) The logic of the operation has been changed if the default translation language is set. Now, if the “Use default translation for EPG event descriptions” option is enabled, then when you call the plugin, all information on channels in the list of switches will be translated into the language specified in the settings (works only for those who donated for development)

Снимок экрана 2023-10-27 в 12.41.27.png

3) When calling the translation of an EPG event, the name of the event is now translated, as well as its description

4) In the settings menu, at the request of some users, information about the plugin version and the image used has been added

p.s. Tested and approved by Mahmoud Hussein :lolz:

• UPDATE

Added translation caching to avoid second requests to the API. This has significantly improved smoothness and usability when automatic translation to a given language is enabled

Enjoy!

• I ended up decomposing the E2 source code into "atoms" and now I can, on any image, swap the InfoBar information when I want and for what I need

Снимок экрана 2023-10-31 в 12.31.27.png

I think that the next update will already have the ability to auto-translate the infobar content directly in the used image by analogy with the EventView window ... :smiling face with halo:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!