ZGemma H7C - DVB-T2 2 tuners. Is any of then Twin/Dual? 1 aerial cable only?

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,983 times. The last Post () by curioustv.

• Hi guys,

After some tests, I'm not sure if the Gemma H7C receiver's 2 DVB-T2 tuners are twins or duals, meaning that

each of them, or at least one, could tune 2 frequencies at the same time (to watch 2 channels, record/watch

or record 2 from different frequencies) with just one single antenna cable connected to only 1 tuner's port.

I scanned with tuner B alone, only one antenna cable connected, and it works fine, it even can record 4

channels at the same time from the same frequency, but if I tune another channel from another frequency,

I get a black screen with 0% SNR.

Anyone who has this receiver knows for certain if, or not, one tuner alone can tune 2 frequencies at the same

time? Maybe I did something wrong in the tuners configuration menu, and it can if configured correctly.

Since the first DVB-T tuner, the one below the LNB In port, has written next to it "TUNER A/B" I thought that

this was a dual tuner, capable of tunning 2 frequencies simultaneously, and that "TUNER C " was only meant

for Cable TV.

Confused and frustrated...

Thanks in advance.

• Update: I've just done a scan of tuner C, and am getting an error: Tune Failed!

Connected the antenna cable to the tuner C port, selected tuner C to scan, cleared whatever,

scanned fine and got same number of channels as did tuner B, but when tuning a channel

I get this error message.

What is wrong?

By the way, on a side note: I can not find PiP anywhere. OpenATV 7.3. Hit the blue button as

some say, but not there.

• Update: If I disable tuner B, nothing connected, and restart GUI, then tuner C works.

What is going on here? At least now I know that tuner C is not faulty, it works, and this

seems to be a configuration problem or something wrong with OpenATV...

• Update: If I disable tuner B, nothing connected, and restart GUI, then tuner C works.

What is going on here? At least now I know that tuner C is not faulty, it works, and this

seems to be a configuration problem or something wrong with OpenATV...

Zgemma H7C 4K UHD H.265 HEVC Triple Tuner Combo 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2X

from what I can see from pictures it has twin DVB-C/T2 tuners both have RF in so you may need to use a splitter and connect cable to each one

is it pig i,e when you press epg you see small tv screen or actual PIP try long press blue button then when menu appears scroll down you should see options for PIP.

• Most tuners are hybrid, I. E they do DVB -T/T2 and DVB-C. If they have two physical inputs, they do not have an internal splitter and you will have to do as Urie suggested to provide signal.

Not all receivers support Picture in Picture. Are you sure that your receiver does?

Someone in this forum told me that PiP works fine on the Zgemma H7C, so this is one of

reasons I bought this receiver. I think he is one of the developers of the image Pure2.

• noticed you had already asked about PIP on Dec 19th 2020

did you try long press on blue button to bring up extensions menu and scroll down to see if PIP was there is should be I even had it on my ols zgemma h2s.

• Yes, I posted this some minutes ago - you did't see it:

Regarding the PiP, did a long press on the blue button and the Extensions menu showed up, but

with 3 entries: Network reset, File Commander and VLC Player - the latter 2 installed by me, BUT no

PiP entry there...

• Did you look in plugins >download plugins > extensions to see if anything is there there is a quad pip avai;able in mines I did try it out a few weeks back wierd but you only have sound available from what ever of the screens you select.

• Yeah, I took a look. Maybe I should check it agian, but for what I read, the PiP function comes

installed with most images.

Also, I´m going to fire up the other receiver for my sister which I haven't touched yet, as

it comes with OpenATV 6.1. Let's see if that old version has it, and if the tuners behave

like mine or if both do work fine separately.

• Official Post

Don't start installing things, just yet. It should work on stock image. Definitely does on my H9S SE. Can you try the official skin (Metrix HD) just in case. Also, if I remember correctly, you get boot options that allow PiP. There was a downside to other plugins, that is why the option was there. Check that too.

I have just googled your receiver, you will have to use a splitter to provide both hybrid tuners with signal.

• Just tried the other receiver with OpenATV 6.1 and it shows the same behaviour with the

tuners, and no PiP after long pressing the blue button.

I have the Metrix HD skin although I modified it a bit with a plugin or extension it has to

show the Quality signal meter on another info bar on top of screen and some other bits.

Maybe that booting alternative could work but I have no idea how to access it...

Anyway, it's late for me, gotta go to bed, I'll keep testing this tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.

• with bootmode 12 pip is workng

Zgemma H7S have 2 x DVB-S2X and 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner
    only with openATV and a External Device you can connect C and T and use both not to same time

0_spu00602.png

but you can switch C and t Channels without change the cable

the old H7C have 2 x DVB-C/T Tuners

normally you can only activate c or t per tuner as the H7C have two hybrid Tuners

only with openATV and two SPU you can Switch C/T and Record C/T

• from what I can make out he has the,

Zgemma H7C 4K UHD H.265 HEVC Triple Tuner Combo 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2X

• Hey guys, I´m back and with very good news! I installed the splitter and now both DVB-T2 tuners

work perfectly at the same time. Tested them recording with, which apparently seems to be

the default tuner, B, although I set both in Auto mode, and once recording I swapped to a

channel of a different frequency, and guess what... it showed up perfectly and in the info bar

of OpenATV the C tuner was highlighted in yellow, meaning it was the tuner that locked that

channel. Did more recordings of several channels of 2 different frequencies and all of them

came out fine. What a relief!

By the way, the splitter hasn't dropped the signal strength at all... very surprised here, and

very nice indeed.

Thanks a lot again to you all for the help.

Now I have to make the PiP function work. Thanks Captain for the help on this. I will try

that boot mode 12. Hopefully it works and then let's set it so it is the main bootup mode.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!