Tuner failing ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 869 times. The last Post () by stiofainmurphy.

• Hi

Does anyone know how tell if the tuner is failing or faulty?

So I am getting a blank screen with just audio ,

The signal is 90% on the channel. I have checked the same channel on other box and it is perfect and streamed it to my phone with openwebif .

I have checked other channels on the aerial half work prefect and the other are black screen with just audio .

• If you can stream the video/audio to another box or a smartphone, or see on the openwebif screenshot the image... your Tuner is working.

Then your problem looks like more the HDMI port, or HDMI cable, or TV,

TS

• stiofainmurphy

Changed the title of the thread from “Tuner” to “Tuner failing ?”.
  • Just a bit more info .

Vu ultimo 4k box .

3 tuners, 1 is for aerial .

Openatv image . Latest version.

So the aerial is for Irish tv . Signal strength is 99% all channels .

so everything is free , rte 1 channel frequency channels don’t work I think it has 3 or 4 channels.

So rte2 is on a different frequency and the other channels on the same frequency work .

Multi lnb setup for one tuner so tuner a

The 2nd tuner is for motor setup .

So canal+ sports works with signal 47%

But canal + action doesn’t with signal 47% (no video) just audio , Astra 23 I think .

Satellites are up to date .

Changed the hdmi cables out for a new one plug straight into the tv same issue no video but audio is grand . No change .

I did have them plugged into the amp .

Tryd different hdmi ports as well .

Tryd cables with 2nd box and the cables work but didn’t check channels .

• Driver/software/image problem, as if you can see other channels and not these only, exactly using the same hardware/tuner,... it's definitely like a incompatibility or something not supported by the tuner, but more related to software than an hardware failure.

TS

• Okay

I have managed to check other satellite box and all the channels work for my Irish channels no issues yet I can’t check the other satellites because the box doesn’t support it .

The hdmi cables all work .

It was working perfectly up to recently like everything but had to readjust the motor dish because we had a bad storm . It affected the time and date so it took me a while to fix.

I haven’t done any updates because the image didn’t need any . The box crashed when tryd to use cross epg app and that is the only recent change .

I haven’t changed anything recently or done anything else .

Would you suggest a fresh install of the image ?

Thanks for all the help and advice

• Yes, at this point, if with the actual satellite installation on another box all works fine... you have audio but not video on your VU+, I would suspect some malfunction of the software. You confirmed that the exact same Tuner works on other channels, correct ? If this is the case, then only these specific channels fail now, but not before, they could have changed the encoder which could be not compatible with your image/software/drivers, or your software/image/drivers fails for some reason (corrupted ?). So a brand new install will help to try to understand where is the fault coming from.

TS

• I have a Vu zero so I remote the channels list

To that box and the channels work on that box like Rte 1 which only has audio no picture on my Vu + .

I checked any other box by plugging in the cable from the aerial and all the Irish channels work perfectly. I haven’t checked the satellite channel .

So basically I can stream the channel to my phone and Vu zero box no issues with pictures or audio .

Thanks

• Ok, so you can stream from the VU+ Zero 4k, all the channels (that doesn't work on it), to other devices, such as smartphone or the VU+ Zero, and these work...

So your hardware tuner is PERFECTLY working... there is no hardware failure.

Here there would be definitely only a software failure on the VU+ Zero 4k, so the image or drivers... would be at fault. Reflashing a clean new image will help to solve this (if the image got corrupted) and if not, then the drivers could be buggy (using an older image with older drivers could solve your issue).

TS

• Great news I managed to fix it everything

is working perfectly I did a reflash of the box and I take it must of been a corrupt file .

Thanks You saved me big time . I would have hate to buy new tuners, it would of cost me a few hundred.

It is the 2nd problem I have had with it since I bought it a few years ago . Someone on this forum helped me power supply problem I had with it . They don’t tend to make triple tuner sat boxes anymore and hate to part with it .

• now make full image backup save you having to start from fresh again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!