Octagon Sf8008 Supreme : How you can use the NVMe SSD M.2 device for multiboot locations ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 935 times. The last Post () by najdine.

• Hello,

We can use the ssd drive for multiboot slots ?

Yes we can.

Finally, I managed to get openvix willo 6.4 to work on the nvme disk without passing by 'emmc'.

https://www.mediafire.com/file…t-sf8008-supreme.rar/file

We must urge the "Octagon firm" to modify the "recovery" so that the nvme disk accepts all images and not just openvix-willo-6.4.

openvix.6.4-willobuild.jpgtelnet-mount-openvix-6.4.jpg

How to do it ?

1- First, I installed openvix on my microsd card.

2-Then, I copied the content of the two partition kernel 16MB (non fat) and rootfs 2GB (ext4) on my nvme disk

3- I modified the line of STARTUP_5 "boot" option like that :

boot hdd0.sdd2 'root=/ dev/sdd3 rootfstype=ext4 kernel=/dev/sdd2 rootwait blkdevparts=mmcblk0:1M(boot),1M(bootargs),1M(bootoptions),3M(baseparam),4M(pqparam), 4M(logo),4M(deviceinfo ),4M(softwareinfo),4M(loaderdb),32M(loader),8M(trustedcore),16M(linuxkernel1),16M(linuxkernel2),16M(linuxkernel3),16M(linuxkernel4), -(userdata)'

That's all

openvix-6-4-willobuild.jpg

sf8008-supreme-twin-allegro-miniatura.jpg

• Hello friend, do you have an idea why with my octagon 8008 with multiboot on micro card, it is impossible to install the Openblackhole or Openvix images, I tried everything, the installation remains stuck at 49%??? ??Thank you for your job....

• Hello,

The advantage of using the NVMe SSD M.2 device for multiboot locations :

is to benefit from the read/write high speed of the NVMe disk. Read/write speed : 2000/1500 MB/s.

The combination of the NVMe protocol and the PCIe connection to an SSD

allows you to achieve read and write speeds four times faster than those of a SATA SSD operating with the SCSI protocol.

From "recovery" I am unable to install E2 image to NVMe SSD location.

The kernel is not recognized by recovery and of course it must be mounted by the system first to be accepted.

So, I chose to manually copy the 2 partitions "kernel" (16 Mb) and "rootfs" (2GB)

from the image already installed on my 128GB microsdcard.

Perhaps, someone can help me, to solve this problem.

openvix-6-4-willobuild.jpg

recovery-sf8008-supreme.jpg

recovery-sf8008-supreme-1.jpg

sf8008supreme-telnet-sdd2.png

Edited once, last by najdine ().

• najdine

Changed the title of the thread from “Multiboot on NVME hard drive of Octagon sf8008 Supreme, how to do it ?” to “Octagon Sf8008 Supreme : How you can use the NVMe SSD M.2 device for multiboot locations ?”.
  • After trying the Octagone sf8008 Supreme

The stable E2 images that support multibooting from an SDD - NVMe hard drive :

OpenBH 5.4, Openpli-9.0-release, Openvix-6.5-rel.003, NonSoloSat 32, Hyperion 9.3.

But for the other E2 images,

they crash and stop after booting, after 100% is displayed on the receiver screen :

PurE2 7.4, OpenHDF 7.3, OpenATV 7.3, OpenATV 7.4, OpenATV 7.5-devel, OpenTR 11, OpenEight 6.8, OpenDroid 7.3, OpenSPA 8.3. 002, Egami-10.5

SF8008-supreme-ssd-hp-ex900-plus-m2-512go-pcie30x4-nvme.jpg

• I found another solution to use the NVMe sdd device as a source of multiboot location

Just use Silicon Power PD60 Enclosure USB-C Case M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD/M.2 SATA SSD

PD60 Enclosure _Take Your M.2 SSD Further With The New PD60 Enclosure_Silicon Power

And we use the USB 3.0 port of SF8008 Supreme

with the STARTUP_2 multiboot configuration:

boot usb0.sdc2 'root=/dev/sdc3 rootfstype=ext4 kernel=/dev/sdc2 rootwait blkdevparts=mmcblk0:1M(boot),1M(bootargs),1M(bootoptions),3M(baseparam),4M(pqparam), 4M(logo),4M(deviceinfo),4M(softwareinfo),4M(loaderdb),32M(loader),8M(trustedcore),16M(linuxkernel1),16M(linuxkernel2),16M(linuxkernel3),16M(linuxkernel4), -(userdata)'

PD60-Feature1.jpg

Silicon-Power-PD60-Enclosure-USB-C-Case-M-2-PCIe-NVMe-SSD-M-2-SATA-SSD-SP000-HSPSDPD60-CK.jpg

• Yes well done but I Don't get it , why pay for new model that takes internal M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD and then put it in external device,

do older models not have usb 3 ports

lets face it if needed it would only take a few minutes to restore image from backup to another slot

• I can't format SD on my supreme :( maybe damaged slot (card is ok) anyway how to install image on SD card? I'll try....

• I tried the same config on an my old sf8008twin and it worked on the same e2 images,

so the problem of crashing at 100% boot is a problem due to the recovery file which blocks the sdc and sdd config and only accepts the sda config

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sslw6hbyn7qgtm3/boot-62-new-sdc%252Bsda.rar/file

screenshot-20-Mediaset-HD-20240502-044050.jpg

Octagon-SF8008-4-K-HDR-UHD-H-265-E2-Linux-Dual-Wi-Fi-Twin-DVB-S2-X-Satellite-Sat-Receiver.jpgboot-62-new-sdc+sda.rar

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!