Xbox Tuner drivers for OpenPLi 9 on Zgemma H9 Twin

There are 41 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,447 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• Hi, I have installed OpenPLi 9.0 on my Zgemma H9 Twin (first version) and now I'm struggling to run my Xbox USB tuner. I have installed ct2-usb-xbox-one-tuner 1.1 from plugin feed, however in the tuner section of the menus my first tuner Si2166D is shown as a combined DVBcT tuner which is incorrect. Basically third tuner which is usually added is missing.

In the drivers section of the plugin feed there are the following related entries,

ct2-usb-xbox-one-tuner 1.1-r0.0

dvb-usb-dib0700 1.1-r0.0

The following is not on the feed,

dvb-usb-mn8847x 1.0-r0

I also tried following commands on another occasion but with the same result as above,

Code
    opkg install firmware-mn8847x
    opkg install kernel-module-mn88472
    opkg install firmware-dvb-demod-mn88472-02
    opkg install kernel-module-tda18250
    opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20
    opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700

Any feedback on where can i find the right drivers would be appreciated.

• hi, maybe I don't understand your problem, but I think not to move with the left or right arrow key...to find your DTT...check carefully...no driver is needed.

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • hi, maybe I don't understand your problem, but I think not to move with the left or right arrow key...to find your DTT...check carefully...no driver is needed.

If I understood correctly, you're suggesting that Xbox USB Tuner will be automatically recognized as the Third Tuner without any additional install of drivers?

On Zgemma H9 Twin there are following tuners on Oatv, OpenPLi as default,

Tuner A: Si2166D (DVB-S2X)

Tuner B: Si2166D (DVB-s2x)

When installing the correct drivers,

Tuner C: Xbox USB Tuner

is added to the list. My problem is on OpenPLi 9.0 downloaded from recovery menu of the receiver after doing what I mentioned above my first Tuner A changes into DVB-C/T tuner. Without any Tuner C becomes available. It is like an interference.

• Official Post

Marty2000

Im pretty sure we have been here before with this same problem....

Start with a fresh image, IE flash a clean image to start over.

Then report back what you get with this telnet command:

Code
    opkg -force-depends install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700 kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700
  • I flashed a new OpenPLi 9.0 image, didn't install anything and just put the above command in, got the following,

Code
     opkg_conf_load: Couldn't stat orce-depends: No such file or directory.
    • Official Post

Sorry my fault, a small typo, im missing a dash, try this:

Code
    opkg --force-depends install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700 kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700
  • Sorry my fault, a small typo, im missing a dash, try this:

Code
    opkg --force-depends install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700 kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700

The following were installed, afterward I did a power off-on when box came up in the Tuner section there's no Tuner C but there's no interference with Tuner A either.

Like this,

Tuner A: Si2166D (DVB-S2X)

Tuner B: Si2166D (DVB-s2x)

• First thing to check is the USB PID VID... to find out exactly which driver you need for the chipset inside the USB Dongle,

TS

• Marty2000

What do you get with this command:

Code
    ls -l /lib/firmware
    • Official Post

There appears to be an issue with zgemma / pli and this tuner

Im referring to the thread on the Pli forum here:

mn8847x support - Page 2 - [EN] Enduser support
    Page 2 of 2 - mn8847x support - posted in [EN] Enduser support: We dont have driver meta packages like OE-A has, because not every driver is available for…
    forums.openpli.org

near the end you will find a "solution" t the issue post by someone else.

I last had this working on my VU a few years ago, but as dvb/c (cable)

• Official Post

Marty2000

What do you get with this command:

Code
    ls -l /lib/firmware

So with reference to the Pli thread try this command:

Code

Then restart gui, making sure your tuner is plugged into the blue usb port.

• I need it for DVB-C as well.

Is the solution post 30 ? or 31 ? or both?

Because I tried to do post 31 but after reboot i was stuck on boot logo and boot on receiver, had to go to recovery menu to flash again.

• So I installed the above firmware, the power-off-on , then disconnecting/connecting USB tuner, then restart enigma.

No changes! Still showing two DVB-s2x tuners. No sign of Tuner C.

Here is the current log of firmware,

• Official Post

So I installed the above firmware, the power-off-on , then disconnecting/connecting USB tuner, then restart enigma.

No changes! Still showing two DVB-s2x tuners. No sign of Tuner C.

Before attempting the "fix" in post 31, just make sure you have installed everything like abu baniaz referred to.

(sorry im working blind here myself as dont have a zgemma anymore)

just run each of these again, and report back if you were missing anything?

Code
    opkg install kernel-module-mn88472
    opkg install firmware-dvb-demod-mn88472-02
    opkg install kernel-module-tda18250
    opkg install firmware-dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20
    opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700

finally reboot STB again and run this command again:

ls -l /lib/firmware

• So I flashed again to a clear PLi 9.0, then ran all the lines as suggested above and subsequently powered off/on. At the moment there are Two tuner shown and Tuner A is in interfere mode where it shows Si2166D (combined DVB-c/T2).

screenshot_20240506212914.jpg

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!