Recommended plugins for Vu+ Duo

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,302 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Lo there,

Pulling trigger on Genuine Duo or Uno in the next 24hrs.

Recognise that the Duo has less onboard memory than the Uno, so loading lots of plugins may not be a great thing?

What are peoples opinions on essential plugins that won't kill a Duo? Which ones do you really use/need on your Duo.
    Obviously 7 day EPG is essential and I quite fancy the look of 1channel, but which others?

Cheers,

MD

• Addons are down to personal taste and your setup, some are more popular than others, here is a simular thread from not so long ago :)

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…at-plugins-you-using.html

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Addons are down to personal taste and your setup, some are more popular than others, here is a simular thread from not so long ago :)

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…at-plugins-you-using.html

Cool, Thanks.

And at what point does the Duo get choked? I assume all the plugins are different sizes.
    Does it take lots to kill it, or are there other factors that influence this?
    Reason I ask is that the Duo is avail at an attractive price now, but I don't want to invest in it if its only going to have a short live as images and plugins increase in size over the next year or two.

• Well thats your call mate, they are fine at the moment, but who knows what the future brings always new gadgets on the horizon.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Well that partly comes down to the image you use as well. for example the latest BH Duo images are almost 20 MB larger than for example PLI or PLI based images, in fact the only larger images are those supplied directly by Vu. As for plugins them selves, some are just GUI's with no real functionality such as Project Valerie and the CoolTV plugin which is now paywear, meaning you need to pay the author almost 10 euros for a unlock code to use the so called premium version.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• you can use something like flashexpander to add plugins to your HDD if you are worried about internal flash!

Plugins? the choice is endless....if your gonna use them all!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• you can use something like flashexpander to add plugins to your HDD if you are worried about internal flash!

Plugins? the choice is endless....if your gonna use them all!

lol. Thats what I'm worried about m8.

So with this flashexpander (which I assume is another plugin/utility), what is performance like? After all running from on-board flash memory is going to be quicker than ext USB flash

• Well i have more than enough plugins for my use running well without flashexpander

1Channel
    FileBrowser
    Cross Epg
    MyTube
    Shoutcast
    TSpanel
    MediaPlayer
    VLC Player

and a few more but cant remember lol!

I Have used it on a BH image beforehand and never experienced any major differences in loading/accessibility times e.t.c! IMO

Best bet to experiment.....its only a case of reflashing a backup....when you are happy with what you have your sorted!

Have Fun!

lssdalogo.png

• Cheers dude. beer10

BTW, If your Sig is correct you are on VIX now. Any reason?
    I asked for BH to be pre-installed, could have been any image, but that's what I've used before

• just easier for the Mrs to Use lol!

She didn't like the Dark Universe stuff :)!

Out of the 2 its closest to the Original UI from a certain provider lol!

lssdalogo.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!