VU DUO vix 2.4

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,285 times. The last Post () by jase41.

• Hi I'm trying to install plugins etc like fan control 2 but everytime I try to use it it crashes and says needs to restart due to software error/failure

Infact it's most plugins I try to use do this to me :-(

I tried flash expander also and when I goto create it does same as above
    Anyone any ideas how n why it's doing this?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Maybe try a different image or even a different usb stick to flash with.
    I'm finding this image to have a lot less GSOD's than the BH images I was using previously

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…eady-backup-musogeek.html

Thanks Muso.

i did try that image yesterday but it just hung on starting :(
    im not installing owt from usb just the image etc rest from tspanel, but nowt working properly when i try to use it after rebooting then use

• Turner,

You have a Clone right? Try installing original Vu image and then the Image of your choice.....ive tried on mine with various plugins and all working fine? i think you were using my backup image?? so should be ok.

Clone Version of Original VU Image downloaded from link below

http://www.resicon.co.uk/VUDUOOriginalImageCLONE.zip

File should auto download.....this is original Image for Duo Clone only! (site is safe)

See if that works mate, if not report back!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• yea mrgmx i was using your backup the second one you posted :) i have DL from the link and just installing it now, once done do i flash the kernal 1st from your backup then reboot and flash the other bigger file :)

thats all installed just on vu setup menu

and yes mine a clone :)

• after you've put original image on....reflash with the my 2nd backup if you still want it or any and you should be ok!

Putting on original just seems to clear out any dead wood and give you a fresh slate to install an image on so to speak!

lssdalogo.png

• Rite I installed the original image :-)
    Then once done installed yours over the top
    1st kernel rebooted
    2nd the image

All went fine :-)
    Then I went to download flashexpander all went ok rebooted with blue button, went to plugins selected flashexpander then asks create press ok

CRASHED. Lol software MSG again :-(

Can you install flash expander? And select it and create?

• 1channel? Was it not working before mate?

Ill check on my duo about flashexpander when i get 5mins....mrs watching her stuff at mo lol!

lssdalogo.png

• try installing by sending the required file to tmp folder via ftp. Rather than from ts panel.

You could also try reflashing the bootloader.

To be honest i would not use the TSpanel if you paid me, its a pile of crap with almost NO quality control of whats included. in fact most problems stem from users installing random trash from the TSpanel.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• To be honest i would not use the TSpanel if you paid me, its a pile of crap with almost NO quality control of whats included. in fact most problems stem from users installing random trash from the TSpanel.

I am not one to get involved in politics, but I think that is a bold statement to make on a forum that contributes much to tspanel. Now it is difficult when we all have other stuff to do as well to get it right so that everything works for all users, but it certainly makes it easier for a lot of users to install plugins. It is always a good idea to back up, and this would apply to plugins installed from an image's own addons panel. using terms like trash and crap is by no means constructive, and it would help if you have a few examples to back up your statement that "most problems stem from users installing random trash from the TSpanel."

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Official Post

To be honest i would not use the TSpanel if you paid me, its a pile of crap with almost NO quality control of whats included. in fact most problems stem from users installing random trash from the TSpanel.

That statement is the biggest pile of crap i have ever read on this board from day 1, perhaps if you took the time to have a go at creating something yourself instead of spouting pish on various boards all day you might grip this. Alot of effort goes into what is on TSpanel it is certainly used more than any image you have posted here. To cut the story short we are fedup with having to monitor your posts & put up with all the negative comments so you are no longer welcome, find somewhere else to play.

• Turner,

Try installing original Vu image and then the Image of your choice.

Hi, I have a vu duo clone and an original, i was having this same problem with both my boxes but i followed this thread and now my clone is working perfect, Which image do i flash my original with to completely wipe it before i flash with my prefered image?

• Campbell,

The link in post4 is for the original vu image for a Duo Clone...it was taken from a site that came with my clone box for software updates e.t.c

That should put original VU image on a Duo Clone

lssdalogo.png

• Campbell,

The link in post4 is for the original vu image for a Duo Clone...it was taken from a site that came with my clone box for software updates e.t.c

That should put original VU image on a Duo Clone

Mrgmx he has 2 boxes a clone and a genuine box I think he is asking about his genuine duo :-)

I disagree that the tspannel is crap, going back to my dbox2 days it was pretty standard tbh in the images now everything is at your fingertips for ease :-)
    Yea some things are abit unclear what's compatible with what image sometimes but that's what backups are for :-)
    I personally have to congratulate all the hard work and effort devs put into all this image/plugins as they do it for the love of it, if they had the attitude above then we wouldn't be we're we are at today tbh

I'll continue to try and I'll also try new images today as a work around see what gives and post back here, but 1st impressions of the vix image I do like it a lot and want to continue using it :)

That's the whole reason I sold my blade 7000 I wanted fredom and the duo has provided that :-) no end

Also the instant support I got on here when my box arrived from masterG, mrgmx and a couple others you know who you are, just goes to show how strong this board is about helping others, I personally supported the forum and will continue to do so by posting and helping as n where I can and donate as and when I can, that's just my gratitude back to linuxsat-support

Great board, Great staff and a great set of members here

• These are for ORIGINAL DUO vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi

THIS is probably the easiest to install as its USB: vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328_usb.zip
    It is version 7 of the original image on the box .
    Run it once as any other image ,,no need to set it up too much , then with a clean usb stick install whichever image you liked best !!
    Flash expander works although I never noticed any difference on the vu+UNO ( you can downbload it directly from our addons panel, or from this thread : http://linuxsat-support.com/en…ashexpander-v0-13-r1.html,, )
    Remember to install th flash expander before you install any other plugin (obviously after TS panel unless you downloaded it from thread ;))

• Rite i have been away and tried various versions of the vix range from the newest to 155 all got stuck on (STARTING) apart from 155, i used the basic image (not a backup)

i installed tspanel manually
    then installed flashexpander restarted enigma
    then went to plugins selected flash expander clicked ok to create, then got the same software error, this time i have pulled the log off box to see if anyone can see whats actually going wrong here :)

• Just to reiterate about TSpanel its NOT crap i think where a lot of this stems from is due to the fact that has already been said there is a large variety of different plugins etc.. available on the feeds and 9 times out of 10 its down to user error and not the plugin itself that causes a system crash, I just think if people would spend a little bit more time when using TSpanel and searching correctly for the Plugin/cam they need for there own particular image then it will work first time all the time.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!