2 oscam servers one card

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,793 times. The last Post () by Iame.

• I have 2 instances of oscam running sidexside on one computer with one card(usb omnikey). I have readers (oscam.server) in both instances but only one reads card at any one time. Is it possible to tweak some setting to get both to read card at same time ?

• only way setup a proxi reader cant have 2 servers reading/requesting for 1 card at same time other than what i have just suggested

• I used 2 dreamboxes andd then I 'upgraded to 2 CCcam servers and and now i have 'upgraded' to oscam. Tthey have different DNS host and its just too much hasle writing to the peers(4+8) to change. I feel more secure with 2 if one breaks which they do and i would also like to expand a little when I get it stablised. I also feel(but dont know) that Oscam may be more versatile with use of services, loadbalancing,and API when i learn more !!.Advice appreciated.

• and its just too much hasle writing to the peers(4+8) to change.

You only have to move 4 peers so you would have all 12 on the one server, anyone with experience will tell you that is the most logical thing to do.

• Read the card with one oscam, and send N-line to the second oscam server, it will show as local in both servers.

Thanks for your suggestion. I assume that means a newcamd reader in oscamx and a user account in oscamy with oscamy reading the card. With wiki streamboard offline can you suggest a format.
    Is it acceptable in cardsharing terms to claim it as local ?
    sync
    Thanks for your input but "hassle" is only one of reasons I gave. This is one of my hobbies and by far most time consuming so much so that i have no time to watch TV. And anyway with 2 I get experience twice as quick. Cheers.

• Is it acceptable in cardsharing terms to claim it as local ?

No ! that is seen as "faking" and depending on the card most will see the extra hop by the ecm times

Well I would anyway ;-)

• Thanks for your suggestion. I assume that means a newcamd reader in oscamx and a user account in oscamy with oscamy reading the card. With wiki streamboard offline can you suggest a format.
    Is it acceptable in cardsharing terms to claim it as local ?

Why not ?
    It is your local card, i don't see any immorality in using it in 2 servers, as long as the servers are yours. Many people have more than one server.

For the settings,

in oscamy, the one that reads the card :

oscam.user
    [account]
    user = server2
    pwd = pass
    group = 1
    keepalive= 1

in oscamx, the second server :

oscam.server
    [reader]
    label = my_local
    protocol = newcamd
    device = 127.0.0.1,11000 or 192.168.0.101,11000 ( the i.p. and newcamd port of the first server )
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = server2
    password = pass
    group = 1 ( or 2 if you allready have a reader with group = 1 )

• [quote='GeorgeXL','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=63226#post63226']Why not ?
    It is your local card, i don't see any immorality in using it in 2 servers, as long as the servers are yours. Many people have more than one server.

For the settings,
    Your settings are spot-on. I have it working now and seems great. i have tested it on my own internal share and ecm times vary by up to .003s but maybe after a week or so it may change.
    I had thought that "faking " was when someone takes a hop 1 share and use the 256 trick to pretend its a local. I cant see the logic in calling it a fake if I have the card in my possession. I find I have more agreement with the oscam ppl that CCcam overemphasise the hop system, for eg I watched the hungarianF1 on a hop4 from my server and dont rem a glitch,
    I would love to hear more on the "faking " bit , but my problem solved for now and thanks to all who posted opinions especially GeorgeXL

• I wish this would fix my problem too. My problem now is main server used smargo. is it apply same config as above?

• Yes, the config is the same. Your second server is in the same location as the first ?

Well done George you beat me to it while I was writing.
    i t worked fine for me (with omnikey) and ECM times were almost identical on my dreambox.
    i have since used iptables to redirect port s to one oscam and it works fine too and takes the "faking" out of play

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!