cacheex mode 3

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,220 times. The last Post () by turner123.

• evenin all

been setting up cachex mode 3 with a freind, i think we have it working ok but im not 100%.
    i believe the group assignments are done differently to how you would normally use them.

can anyone help with the below example?, its mainly the group assignment bits.

(ME)
    readers:-
    reader a = local = group 1
    reader b = share = group 2
    reader c = share = group 3
    reader d = cachex3 = group ?

users:-
    user a = me = group 1,2,3
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,3
    user c = cachex3 = group ?

(FREIND)
    reader c = cachex3 = group ?

user a = me = group 1,2
    user b = me2 = group 1,2
    user c = cachex3 = group ?

we both want to exchange cache on the local cards only.
    so should it be like this?

(ME)
    reader d = cachex3 = group 1

user a = me = group 1,2,3,20
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,3,20
    user c = cachex3 = group 20

(FREIND)
    reader c = cachex3 = group 1

user a = me = group 1,2,20
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,20

any help welcome :O)

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• I come across this PDF when I was browsing, dunno if it helps at all

Files

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• ye ive read that pdf thats how i think i have mine setup
    just looking for clarification from someone who uses this feature

i think i understand whats going on, just not sure :)

• I think I do, but my opinion seems to differ from yours, yours is more likely to be right but id set it up like this -

The group number for cachex can be anything but must be unique, both of you can use same number as that relates to your config only.

I wouldn't put an additional user for cachex, as long as you have a reader which you do and set cachex to 3 for the relevant users (in this example both)

Thats how I read it at least for a 2 user setup.

So...

(ME)
    reader d = cachex3 = can be any but must be unique e.g. 4

user a = me = group 1,2,3,4
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,3,4

*set cachex flag = 3 for both users

(FREIND)
    reader c = cachex3 = (same again, say 4 for convenience)

user a = me = group 1,2, 4
    user b = me2 = group 1,2, 4

we both want to exchange cache on the local cards only.
    so should it be like this?

(ME)
    reader d = cachex3 = group 1

user a = me = group 1,2,3,4
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,3,4

(FREIND)
    reader c = cachex3 = group 1

user a = me = group 1,2,20
    user b = me2 = group 1,2,20

In the reader setup for cachex you assign which groups you want it to cache from.

Im sure you more likely to be right, though, so gunna see if I can work out why

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• hmm,
    ive seen the way you setup readers like that with there own group and not sharing with the local group but im sure you always need the cachex=3 user so you can recieve cache. the reader is setup so you can send cache.

wanna get some cachex users on the go but i want to be sure ive got the settings right

• This is how i have mine setup with help from another user on here who has been working on this for quite sometime now

oscam version needs to be 6923 (memory leaks in newer versions)

i have groups 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 for eg, 1 being my local rest being shares

to setup cacheEX with someone
    user group 50
    reader 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

This is how i have mine set with the help of cybercrime for all thanks goes to him for looking into all this for some time now

• I think it should be as in my opinion

your remote reader

[reader]
    label = remote cacheex reader
    description =
    protocol = cccam # you can use camd35 also which is more prefer
    device = dyndns,port
    user = remote-user
    password = remote-pass
    cacheex = 3
    cacheex_maxhop = 4
    group = 40# any unique no you like

user account for this remote reader should be as

[account]
    user = remote-user
    pwd = remote-pass
    description =
    group = 1 ,40 # ( 1 is you local reader but you add all if you want to send every single cach) and ( 40 is you remote cacheex reader)
    cacheex = 3
    cacheex_maxhop = 4
    cccmaxhops = -1 # adding this line will make sure that your friend cant be able to see you local card but only cach of you local card because cacheex=3 for cach only

both you&firend need same set up though

and when you want to exchange just cach only for next time just do all same but add all cach groups only in oscam.user for remote reader.

also add this into oscam.config under global
    clienttimeout = 1600
    cachedelay = 15
    max_cache_time = 7
    max_cache_count = 7500

Please some one make me clear if i am totaly wrong.
    many thanks

• thanks turner

that sounds like how i have mine setup, i understand it if thats correct hah

so it looks like i do have it setup ok. :)

sunlight are those settings necessary in oscam.conf under global section?

• From my experiance of trying this a few times before and made a few mistakes i hammered other peoples cards (not knowing i was) so the settings have to be spot on if you have shares, dont get me wrong the cache was at 60-70% but the request on there side was huge

i personally think thats the fall for it too work 100% i put everything into there own groups then set send to all readers my cache was huge and like i said 60-70% was dealt with the cache and that was with only 1 cache user

to prevent the above i played around with the settings (back from what they was) and with just 1 cache user and normal cache im getting

1294 (8.93%) 1 cache user

so im guessing adding more cache users who have the same local cards will definately help the cacheEX

how i think it works if you have 5 cacheEX users and all for EG have 10 clients on each thats 50 ecms from clients say sly uk for instance, that will be a massive amount of cache and alot more will be dealt with the cacheEX therefore reducing the load on your card and your peers cards and your cacheEX cards

to me it looks a win win situation

the only thing i have noticed is that ecm from the local reader have dropped from a steady 90-100ms to sometimes 200ms but thats still very quick and thats not all the time

so in therory 50 clients spread out over 5 servers for EG (only) are not busy servers but them combined is in theroy making a busy server but actually in a very good way

this is just my 2 pence worth and ideas towards cacheEX as tbvh its not a straight cut understanding and everyone seems to have there own views on whats best and how its setup correctly

turner123

• I thought you was more likely to be right than me, none the less, Ive benefited from this learning exercise :)

BpGgW.jpg

• Also i few other things to take into account

if a user already shares with someone and then add them as a cacheEX aswel will this cause a loopback??

because it does so if you say have group of readers 1 2 3 4 5 then the user for the reader you add them to 1 2 3 4 5

so
    reader group 1 = user 2 3 4 5
    reader group 2 = user 1 3 4 5

if its not like that for normal share you get a loop back to there own server and causing high ecm

so for cacheEX user
    user 50 (is share reader1)
    cacheEX reader
    reader 2 3 4 5

this them wont cause a loopback to someone you share with already (so i think)

so all your normal users will be 1 2 3 4 5 50
    your share users will be 1 3 4 5 50 (not in there own group)

it is all very confusing bt has anyone else thought of this as all this is to prevent load on yours and others server but if your sticking them in all the same groups if you share and share cacheEX with a same person???

in theroy you might be best sharing cacheEX with someone thats not already sharing with you

i also posted a while back about setting up a vps for cacheEX only, who ever joins it sets theres to cacheEX-3 vps gets all cache and all users get in (theory a 1 stop shop for cache)

• I have setup a cacheex only vps and is running great. Only done this because the only version thats stable with cacheex is 6923.
    The only problem with 6923 is my local cards do not like it glitching etc.
    All new versions of Oscam work great with cacheex, no memory leaks and stuff. but there is a problem. when the loopback bug was fixed another bug turned up.
    If you add more that 2 cacheex mode 3 exchanges the new versions will freeze on the cache, its like oscam can not keep up with the filtering of the cache and gives up.
    So i have a cacheex only vps with 6923 and my local oscam can be the most up to date best of both as cache works perfect and as i only have 1 cacheex linked my local oscam works perfect
    If anyone wants to join or test my cacheex server pm me.
    Remember if you use mode 3 (the only mode i use) there is 0% hammering of cards as its only cache and nothing is sent to a card. But you might need a more powerfull server to keep up
    on the user side (where you get the cache from) its best to lower the max hops to where you stop getting glitching, i have mine at 3 hops at the moment and is 100% glitch free (saying that you watch it go tits up lol)
    10 hops works great 90+ cache hits but with glitching

• im on version 7255 now pal what new version you on?

• I found out a while ago when we 1st tried all this pal, that if you set to prefer proxi readers and set to send to all cards in loadballacing then my cache was 60-70% but the down side was i hammered my shares cards ecms was like 50k!! so had to stop it rite away, but my ecms was dead low as the cache dis most the work, maybe the high ecm for my shares was a loopback error or something, cause what ever ecm my shares had from one of there clients my cache grabbed it but i think there server was thinking i was requesting the ecm if that makes sense lol

• im running 7250 after running 6923 as mentioned before.
    everything seems fine atm with 2 cachex users in mode3

• all is good with 2 cacheex exchanges mate, mine was working great until i added another and give it 30mins and someones cacheex freezes
    was doing my headin so gave up and setup a perm cacheex server so i would only need 1 cacheex link to my local oscam

• Who are you cachexing with? how large is the size of you cache?

BpGgW.jpg

• It's not about the size of cache it's about you cacheEX ing your local with someone who has the same local, I have 5 cacheEX users and it's working very well after messing with various settings and many hours over msn etc, it's a feature there and to be used keep at it you'll get there my cache at a weekend is hitting 47% cause everyone is watching football etc but more cacheEX users you have the more chance of getting hits

It works the same as normal cache and 2 people are on the same channel cacheEX LOOKS on other users servers for that once it finds one you get by cache3 0ms etc

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!