I've been a plonker DM800 Gemini 4.6 - Its a bit long

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,360 times. The last Post () by Vj531.

• I think the main issue is drivers using the USB -> RS232, seems to be a lot of different versions.

Using Micro USB on 800 SE there are only a couple of possibilities driver wise.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Morning

It was my firewall. grrrrrrr What program should be allowed to stop the windows firewall blocking?

I flashed the new bootloader!! Yey

Now I was going to load Gemini 5.1. But was told this was old.

DCC will still not connect though. But a new image should sort that no?

Now what do I do? what do people recommend?

• Choose a nice image, and flash it...

Hold power button and reboot, wait for #stop, browse to IP with your browser and upload the image..

I personally use EDG Nemesis image, which i'm very satisfied with!

Thx

• Should this reset all the password problems?

• Flashing will update the box to factory (image) state, yes.

• But.. as an addition..

If i remember right..

Selecting "FACTORY RESET" with the current image, will also reset all passwords..

• Will that then revert to
    login: root
    password: password

for DCC?

No, it will reset to dreambox defaults:

username: root
    password: dreambox

or to

username: root
    password: <blank>

accessible by TELNET only.

If you want to use SSH, you need to change the password to your own, after reset, with telnet, by using command 'passwd'.

• to permit any prog to go through firewall ,depending on which Os you are using ..
    mine is w7 so you can either uninstall the DCC version that you have then restart pc then reinstall DCC ,this will then trigger the firewall which will ask you if you want to permit or not..
    OR...... -menu- control panel - system + security - firewall -permit a programme.
    go in find the prog ( DCC for example ) then permit by ticking boxes.
    Mine is in spanish so dont think there´s much point in taking a pic for you...

• to permit any prog to go through firewall ,depending on which Os you are using ..
    mine is w7 so you can either uninstall the DCC version that you have then restart pc then reinstall DCC ,this will then trigger the firewall which will ask you if you want to permit or not..
    OR...... -menu- control panel - system + security - firewall -permit a programme.
    go in find the prog ( DCC for example ) then permit by ticking boxes.
    Mine is in spanish so dont think there´s much point in taking a pic for you...

I'm baffled - it looks fine.

Still I think did damage when I deleted those lines in var/etc/passwd

root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh (just an example)
    and the next line

?? Stephen

• All running fine.

Like OpenPLi - very good.

How do you install a new satellite list into OpenPLi?

I sent my slightly personalised Vhannibal one via Dreambox edit and cannot see on the DM800.

Any ideas?

S.

• How can I find out which port my Dbox is using for streaming?

I'm trying to get the istreamgate app working on my Ipad3 < DM800

Its asking for
    Streaming Port:
    Port:

Also ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    What the best way to stream to PC on network with OpenPLi?

ATB

S.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!