***box F4 GPRS > which sim?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 867 times. The last Post () by thedon.

• hey guys, i have been playing around with my new ***box F4. i am wondering what would be the most cost effective sim? does anybody have any idea how much data the box is likely to use?

i have been looking at orange (comes with swipe card to top up once a month)

or is there a better sim deal for the internet connection?

all advice will be gratefully received.

• i set up a line on my server, wired. seems to run fine, minimal delay on channel change > pretty much the same as the F3 (maybe slightly faster) but it may just be me :-/
    slightly larger than the F3 however but that's not really a problem

• They are all much of a muchness.....Three seem to have good deals and EE (Orange and TMobile) are on the offensive so im sure you can pick up a good deal?

If you with a provider give them a call, they may sort out a nice deal.....!

On a different note i wondered what the GPRS on the f4 would be used for? what are your plans/what can be done with it?....the boxes look nice lol!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• well i go camping at least once a year with the wife and kids, i was thinkin about keeping the kids entertained (get a portable dish and inverter) worth a punt i guess. if it doesnt work it still has wired option for a home :-)

• can anybody help? i have tried orange/02/and giffgaff payg sim cards inc my 02 pay monthly. i get nothing, just scrambled all the time. i get a gprs signal of 20

but nothing............. i have looked aroud the net for hours with no joy. i only have the gprs function active, both wifi and ether is NOT active.

really doing my head in now. has anybody else got one of these boxs and got it to work??

thanks guys

• I would think just like a phone you may have to edit the setting to suit your provider.
    I'd be interested to see how you get along with this stb.

I've just done a quick search to see what the gifgaf setting maybe.

I take it you get an option to enter such detail on stb?

• i was trying before work, it would not give the option to edit, its odd. gonna have another bash at it now and let you know.

NOPE, SOD ALL WORKS. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING I AM MISSING

*update* got it working after alot of messing about with setting, works with all uk sims > using giffgaff at the minute.

but to be honest, it glitches like hell, every 5-6 seconds i get pixilation and sound distortion, i dont think it is dont to the networks, i have tried several, all with different gprs signal levels > but the result is the same.

hopefully there will be a firmware update soon to to the problem > i have already tried the 2 that are released already

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!