cccam security?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,258 times. The last Post () by dbxxx.

• Hi,

Does anyone know how secure cccam traffic is? I have an SB m3 I am about to flash, which I think has some (as yet unknown) version of cccam on it (at least that's what I think it has -- not much info on that firmware in this forum - just the file). I was wondering how decipherable the traffic between client and server would be to would-be snoop. Any encryption? Is this something that anyone else may be worried about?

As an aside, in case the encryption is not that strong or is none-existent, is ssh tunnelling something people tend to adopt?

I'd be interested to know your experiences/further reading on the subject.

Cheers,
    PJ++

• Yeap, nice post.
    It is available through proxy tunneling.
    A good example is with ssh and dropbear, but peers that connect must also accept it.
    Soon i will find a little free time to make a detailed post how to.

• Is this really necessary?
    If you configure your server and cccam right and share with only those you trust then it is already secure. For an outsider looking in at this i ask myself do you have something to hide?

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!