Cool TV Guide Support

There are 118 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 21,200 times. The last Post () by quinnzy.

• I am running Nebula Zero v2 with Crossepg. Have tried downloading CoolTV guide but wont work. It installs version 5.6 but when I run it it comes up with a message asking me to upgrade. I reinstalled the image which doesnt have CoolTV on it and downloaded version 6.4 for OE1.6. It still says the same. Could anyone offer any guidance how to get this working again. I did have a fully working Nebula Zero v2 on USB but this started with this message too!! This is on a Nbox 5800sx and its only started this in the last week or so. As its a front end GUI for the Crossepg data I cannot understand why it wont work. It also says some stuff is missing out of the plugins folder.

If I install 5.6 and overwrite with the 6.4 folders out of the ipkg file will this work?

• you,ve been here long enough to know that theres no vu+clone support here buddy
    maybe thats the initial problem.....

• I am running Nebula Zero v2 with Crossepg. Have tried downloading CoolTV guide but wont work. It installs version 5.6 but when I run it it comes up with a message asking me to upgrade. I reinstalled the image which doesnt have CoolTV on it and downloaded version 6.4 for OE1.6. It still says the same. Could anyone offer any guidance how to get this working again. I did have a fully working Nebula Zero v2 on USB but this started with this message too!! This is on a Nbox 5800sx and its only started this in the last week or so. As its a front end GUI for the Crossepg data I cannot understand why it wont work. It also says some stuff is missing out of the plugins folder.

If I install 5.6 and overwrite with the 6.4 folders out of the ipkg file will this work?

as far as i can remember the version 5.6 was free where as 6.4 free version is limited in options...
    you could try as you suggest,,, overwrite the files,, or downlaod from feeds or addons which will overwrite it for you...

• Cazuela thanks for the reply. But should the 5.6 version not work anyway? I dont mind that its just that it keeps asking to update. I wouldnt mind even if the 6.4 version was limited but even that asks to update, so if thats the latest version, which it is according to CoolTV forums, why is it asking to update? Is there anywhere I can look in the file to change a setting to stop it asking to update, maybe an xml script file or something?

You would think a download from the plugins section off the box would be ok but its not!!

• I remember having these niggles with CoolTVGuide on the NBOX - but I just saw it as a case of putting up with the little niggles as the bigger picture was it still remains the best solution. If you can find a way to sort it out the great but sometimes these are just small things and you shouldn't let them get to you:sheep:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Further to this I discovered last night that if I do a fresh install of CoolTV from the download section of the plugins, while its installing it throws an error up and the box automatically reboots. This suggests that the actual software is faulty so I would suggest not trying to download for now. Its strange but the author has not mentioned any issues so I wonder what it is. If I try a version I have on my PC that loads up but again it wont run. Does anyone know if this refers to a server somewhere for authentication? This would explain the strange crashing issues!!

• Official Post

Further to this I discovered last night that if I do a fresh install of CoolTV from the download section of the plugins, while its installing it throws an error up and the box automatically reboots. This suggests that the actual software is faulty so I would suggest not trying to download for now. Its strange but the author has not mentioned any issues so I wonder what it is. If I try a version I have on my PC that loads up but again it wont run. Does anyone know if this refers to a server somewhere for authentication? This would explain the strange crashing issues!!

What is the error message given?

• What is the error message given?

It actually tries to install but gets so far and then just crashes out and reboots the box. On this occasion its not thrown any message up. This has happened a few times on my Nebula Zero v2 when I have tried this on a fresh installation that had never had CoolTV installed. Normally when you install it it runs through and then presents you with the normal TV. I then do a reboot to pick anything up but it has never done this itself before in all the times I have installed it. The error message is only when I have installed version 5.6 from the plugins section of downloads, and this tells me I need to update to the latest version, but it doesn't allow you to do it.

EDIT should have said its on an Nbox 5800sx twin tuner model.

• Hi
    Don't know if I'm in the right thread, where can I get the full cool TV guide download ? . I was FTP Ing some stuff to my box this morning got interrupted and somehow deleted the entire folder I'm running Hyperion 3 open pli on enimgma2
    Thanks in advance

• Hi
    Don't know if I'm in the right thread, where can I get the full cool TV guide download ? . I was FTP Ing some stuff to my box this morning got interrupted and somehow deleted the entire folder I'm running Hyperion 3 open pli on enimgma2
    Thanks in advance

Read post #118 in this thread buddy..

• Hi can someone please help? i have installed hyperion v4 on my nbox and installed cool tv guide. everything except i cannot exit cool tv guide. when i press back nothing happens.

thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!