Cool TV Guide Support

There are 118 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 21,295 times. The last Post () by quinnzy.

• How would i set up cool man so it has a full epg instead of a part full epg. Is there a script i can put it to make it scan daily or is there something in settings i can change? Any help appreciated

• if you want to add even more function to this, then download the autotimer plugin - works a treat with CoolTVguide - long green button press and you can set it to automate the recordings to get a kind of series link function.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Just to add ,there´s no real need for mutliquickbutton as cooltvguide can be set with any button from the plugin....

all are by default but can be changed to suit your needs...
    BTW- title says 5.5.0 .... ¿¿???

• as pointed out cooltv is nothing more than a GUI ( graphical user interface )

I know i'm bias but it is worth pointing out that almost all of the features you talk about adding into the image are already in the ViX image and highly customised to offer in my opinion the best EPG experience of any receiver barring a official $ky receiver.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Official Post

The built in Graphical EPG on the ViX image is better than cool tv guide so don`t see why you would need this plugin..

is it possible in the vix image i keep getting bad number when tried to load thank you

Depends on which version of ViX image you have, for 3.0 you will need the OE2.0 version (mips32el.ipkg) & for older image you will need the OE1.6 version (mipsel.ipkg).

• The EPG in the ViX image is very closely related to the one in CoolEPG and if i do say so my self it's far better. Initially andyblac and cool worked on the Cool EPG together but parted ways as each wanted to take it in a different direction, the result being the ViX EPG and the now closed source Cool EPG. if you want full ViX support for this plugin you will have to ask it's author to provide it, but he has publicly stated in the past that this will not happen.

• sorry i was using the default skin as the hd skin which looks good is to big to fit my tv is there a way of resizing it thanx

The picture appear too large because you have overscan activated on your TV, this stretches every pixel of your picture to 1.05 % it's true size decreasing overall picture quality, either turn this off or adjust the OSD position settings in the ViX image to compensate.

The best option by far is to TURN OFF overscan. The reason why this only occurs on the ViX image is that we create our skins to their true size every other team adds a little redundancy to compensate for overscan, we will not compromise our image in this way.

• The picture appear too large because you have overscan activated on your TV, this stretches every pixel of your picture to 1.05 % it's true size decreasing overall picture quality, either turn this off or adjust the OSD position settings in the ViX image to compensate.

The best option by far is to TURN OFF overscan. The reason why this only occurs on the ViX image is that we create our skins to their true size every other team adds a little redundancy to compensate for overscan, we will not compromise our image in this way.

3 years iv have that tv never knew that setting was there cheers

• every TV shipped comes with overscan activated, overscan actually goes back to the 30's where aspect ratios differed so wildly that overscan was created as a sort of buffer, although it is no longer needed all TV manufacturers still insist not only on shipping TV's with it turned on by default but some manufacturers hide the option to turn it off or done even provide that option.

• if your using ViX as you say it's in the image feeds.

go into the plugins menu then press green, you should find it in one of the sections there ( cant think of the exact one rite now as i'm at work with no access to a receiver to check ).

• if your using ViX as you say it's in the image feeds.

go into the plugins menu then press green, you should find it in one of the sections there ( cant think of the exact one rite now as i'm at work with no access to a receiver to check ).

cant find find ts panel in there mate any other way to get it thanxs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!