Help pls... - setting up new image

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,334 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi - can anyone talk me through setting up a new image please?

Basically I just re-imaged my new V Solo 2 box with the latest Blackhole image.

But my channels are now all scrambled. E.g channel 401 isn't ***sports anymore, does anyone know I can configure this so my channels sorted like a *** box list?

Also can someone talk me through the basics of ftp'ing the cconfig file please so I can setup my box with the correct line??

Sorry Im all new to linux and am a lost puppy..

Thanks
    H

• Everything you need to know is on here mate.....just a bit of digging and reading!

I presume you have a channel list installed? if you have and they are still out of sly order you can do to things!

Use DreamboxEdit and manually change the channel numbers.....long and pain if you not sure what you doing
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ch…dit-latest-version-3.html

or use the plugin autobouquets

Follow the steps in the link below and it should set you channels to sly order and local order (depending on which you use)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…uquets-e2-28-2e-beta.html

You next issue......

You can use a number of FTP clients to connect to your box....you box will have an IP and password...use this when using filezilla or DCC see like below for DCC
    http://linuxsat-support.com/wi…enter-latest-version.html

Your Config files if you wish to use box for server will be placed in various locations.....all detailed in the forum, any lines depending on cam using...(mgcamd or Cccam) will go in usr/keys and /etc respectively!

Dcc works like a normal windows program.....navigate to folder location on left (box) and navigate to file location on right (PC) > copy from one screen to the other!

Shout back if any problems

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Official Post

OpenPlI based images including vix have a handy feature called autobouquets which will give you the very latest channel list configured for your region, go to Menu/Setup/Service searching/Autobouquets Maker configure it to your region then run it.

To add your existing CCcam.cfg to the new image its simply a case of installing cccam then sending the file to the /ect directory with either VUCC or DCC both are included in this handy piece of kit.
    Linuxsat-Support.Com VU+ Toolbox Latest Version

You will find the cam files here,

OpenViX Softcam Collection

How to install them here,

Guide to enigma2 dreambox ipk files installation

If the above seems a little daunting you could also use a preconfigured backup image & just add your CCcam.cfg file to it.

OpenVIX-3.0.574 UK Ready Backup

• Sorry guys, just I'm all new to this, I will start reading and dig around on this site for sure...

Thanks mrgmx, thats a good start for me , cheers for the info

• use the open vix backup m8 get running then learn itll make things easier for you , your card will work straight away , then keep making backups before you play , download the vu+toolbox v2 also for your lines and setting up other stuff and if you go into vix youll get the latest update to 3.0.600

• Hi There - Thanks for your all your post and help, I've re-imaged my Solo 2 using your Vix image. I much prefer this one to blackhole image for sure. I'm slowly getting there..

Sorry to bother you guys even more, can you talk me through how to update the channel icons please? Also how do I update the channel showings e.g, its not showing me what program is on in the next few hours.??

Thanks again...

• Official Post

The epg setup guide is explained fully here,

[h=1]How to set up your new Vu+Duo. with ViX[/h]
    Picons can be downloaded here or directly from the vix addons feeds, they should be stored on your mounted usb stick within a folder named picon. To see your usb is mounted correctly press blue/vix/mount manager & set it to be mounted as /media/usb

[h=2]Picons[/h]

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!