Setting up a Fixed and Motorized dish on VU+ Solo 2

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,383 times. The last Post () by limerick.

• Hi I have a Solo2 with Backup Image OpenVix 3.0.540 Beta by MrGmx and I want to setup a fixed and motorised dish to it.I can't find any guides to help me set it up ,any advice would be appreciated

• In Dishpointer my longitude is -9.224 .How do I enter this in the tuner settings ?

you also need latitude...
    in vix .. menu-setup-service searching- tuner configuration-
    as you are longitude -9.224 you should enter digits then WEST
    latitude the same , I presume will be NORTH
    then once done ,,green button to save then exit ,,
    all done, enjoy

• download the manual if you dont already have it from HERE
    it shows you exactly how to set up the tuner search configuration..
    although its shows the original vu+ image,,the setup should be the same...
    remember as you are in limerick you have to show latitude as WEST..

• Hi cazuela I have everything set up as mckee25 has .My longitude is ( minus) -9.224 entered as 009.224 west and latitude 52.324 entered as 052.324 north.Is this right ?.My dish is at 28e and when I try 19e I get Tune fail and dish wont move.What am I doing wrong ?

• I´m sure there is an easier way than what i´m going to write here:
    have up to date settings -I use catseye-
    menu-setup-service searching-positioner setup-Go to -WEST-
    -save-exit to channel and wait.
    first time to setup a motor is from 0º ,my most southern sat is thor 0,8w.
    hope that helps .. not to confuse you anymore !!

• I'm using Catseye E2 Settings File 75E-58W04.01.2013.When I go to menu -setup-service serching I have no possitioner setup what I have is Tuner configuration, AutoBouquetsMaker,Automatic scan, blind scan,manual scan and sat finder

• I'm using Catseye E2 Settings File 75E-58W04.01.2013.When I go to menu -setup-service serching I have no possitioner setup what I have is Tuner configuration, AutoBouquetsMaker,Automatic scan, blind scan,manual scan and sat finder

sorry bud ,but obviously the image for solo2 differs from that for the UNO...

• Its there buddy on my image anyway?

I don't have a motorised setup unfortunately put here is proof lol!

The only thing i have done image wise since i created that backup was an inline update so if your sure its not there perhaps do a software update and see if it appears

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• mrgmx I dont have Positioner setup I have only 6 options in Service serching so I will do a software update and see how it goes Thanks for your help. I was starting to think I must be 1 thick son of a gun (I might still be as I'm not sorted yet)

• This is doing my head in.I loaded Backup Image OpenVix 3.0.540 Beta by MrGmx again and the positional setup option didn't come in so I did a software update and took option 2 -Upgrade and reboot system and I got X Backup Manager Error [ Failure instance Traceback and another 8 lines of text.I then pressed OK and on screen came -Unattended upgrade in progress.Now when I go into CCcam Info and take option 3(servers ) I get - Error reading webpage.and cant see the line I entered and cant unscramble any channels ?
    NOW for my origional problem setting up my motorised dish I could cry.All the guides I have seen are for other vu and images and I'm lost.I have no problem with Tuner settings and longitude/latitude my problem is to store the different sat positions.If someone could put up a detailed guide I would really appreciate it .I would like to stay with the vix image by MrGmx if possible

• Ten below put up a good vix backup i got errors with the image you mentioned dont know why but did and it stayed good after the update to 3.0.600 there is a post on a fixed and motorised dish already m8 scratch about ull find it ,cant remember where though

• The MrGmx image was based on the Beta Version of Vix that was released when the Solo2 came out....there were a few issues between Vix and Vu which led to a delay in Vix releasing a image!

As you can imagine a lot of Users were shocked and Thankfully a Vix Image was released a few days after but in BETA state only! Everything was back to normal shortly after that so an Update of this Image is probably best!

Either try Tens Backup (thinks can be changed added - bootlogos, plugins e.t.c) or i will re-upload the backup image with the latest version

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• If you in ireland near (s/w limk) do not 0.8 as a ref use Atlantic bird 5w. as your
    reference point eg.. goto "0" set it here it should look straight pointing south,
    then swing disk to say 13' fine giving it gink left right up/down very slightly
    then go 28' same and so on till you get happy go lucky position
    PS dont be to worried if you have to change the long/lat mine at the mo
    is 8.200w my real is about 8.6 so you might have to tinker
    a little with these again till you reach a happy medium
    hope this helps LOL..

• MrGmx will you let us know when you upload the latest version please
    annie 12 I have a 1.2 dish which I have motorised off my spiderbox 9000hd working perfectly .My problem is getting the solo2 to drive this dish.If your in west limerick we could be neighbours lol

• MrGmx Thanks for uploading the new image.Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong.I'v loaded the image went to TSpanel >Addons > linuxsat_support_Addons > {Cams-Vix}> CCcam 2.1.3 -Vix.Then ftp my line to CCcam.cfg .Now when I go into CCcam Info and take option 3(servers ) I get -" Error reading webpage". and cant see the line I entered and cant unscramble any channels ?I never had this problem with the orignal image except when I did a Software update

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!