Setting up a Fixed and Motorized dish on VU+ Solo 2

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,395 times. The last Post () by limerick.

• it has cccam already installed?

You should of just needed to add you c line into cccam.cfg file and ftp that to /etc and restart cam and the line should work/become active?

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• When I loaded the image I pressed Blue button on remote >CCcam info>then option 3 (servers)and I got -" Error reading webpage". Is this right ?it was after this that I thought I should load a cccam

• are you using box to to share from.....or just to receive a share?

lssdalogo.png

• So using a texteditor Notepad ++

Create a new file

enter c line as you have it

save the file as Cccam.cfg (select all file types from drop down list)

ftp this file to /etc

From box press Blue button - Select Softcam Manager

Highlight Mgcamd and stop and disable from startup (i think i set this as default)

Hightlight cccam and press start

Your line should become active and channels showing

lssdalogo.png

• MrGmx That has sorted it channels are now showing.Now if someone could give me a guide to motorising my dish with solo2 and vix image i'd be sorted
    Thank's for all your help MrGmx

• I think earlier in the thread may help mate,

Go through it all with a clear mind and try not to complicate things normally helps!

If you get stuck post what steps you have done and what errors you get.....then someone can jump in and give you that final push!

:thumbsup:

lssdalogo.png

• first goto intelsat1w or thor 0.8 [if in ireland goto atlantic bird 5w] this is you ref sat.
    go to the menu where you can change between diseqc and usals. if your dish was set up with usals then the settings should already be there.
    here you will see the Longitude and Latitude. Slightly increase your longitude, prefrably by 0.5 and press `go to position` [or whatever your reciever says] check if the signal has increased or decreased. If it has increased then you are going the right way and hen add 0.2 if it has gone down take away 1.0(0.5 to compensate for your first attempt and the other 0.5 to go the other way) if the signal goes up, add another 0.2 if down then your original alignment was perfect.
    at this stage if you have not been able to improve you signal then get out to the shed and bring out the ladder. you will need to skew the lnb. but first make sure you have a marker to mark the lnb`s current skew. once you have done that slightly turn the lnb both ways until you have peaked the signal.
    then you should be sorted.
    please inform me if you think ive missed anything out as this has come out of the top of my head, [i learnt this 6 months ago].
    if you are using usals to move your diseqc motor you will need to put in your longitude and latitude for your location.
    go to multimap.com and enter your postcode when done so below the map you will get your longitude and latitude

eg.
    Lat:51:32:32N (51.54227)
    Lon:0:44:43E (0.74537) if this has a minus it means west
    always use the numbers in the brackets.
    look at your motor settings >usals/gotox and see how many numbers it can fit.
    for the TM it is xx.x
    so you will have to round the figures up/down to fit so in the TM I would put-
    latitude 51.5 N
    longitude 0.7e
    if your receiver take more numbers you can put it as on the multimap but I just use extra 0's
    latitude 51.500 N
    longitude 0.700 E
    cant remember were i got this, See post 17 as well Remember "Atlantic bird 5w"
    is your most south position eg...goto " 0 " ,,,remember the world is not round you
    have to get it into an arc.. Your setting should be about 053.000 north _008.200 west.
    when your almost/finished you can tweak the 008.200 eg change to 8.100/7.900 and so on
    Till you get the strongest signals
    hope this gets you going..LOL

• annie12 My dish is already set up on my spiderbox from 30w to 10e I just have to swap the cable over to solo 2.I have the Tuner Configuration setup as in post #2 and longitude at 009.224 and latidue at 052.324.It's when I come to the Possitioner setup that I'm in trouble.When I go into Positional setup there's a "Warning no LNB using factory defaults" does that mean anything ?How do I move and lock on to a sat position ,store and move to the next and store again?

• If your using a Vbox you'll store your positions, turn usual off and underneath that you should now see stored position: give it a number that corresponds with the position on the vbox. EG: 28 if thats where you stored 28e position bla bla and do the same for each Satellite

• I have Tuner settings all set up,usals is turned off,I'm using a Technomate Vbox 2 and I have West and East limits set.I have 28e locked in the motor settings and can move the dish but can't lock on to anything but if I want to go back to 28e the dish will automatically go and lock on to it.Can anyone give me a detailed guide to set up the other sat positions

• Quote from limerick

I have a 1.2 dish which I have motorised off my spiderbox 9000hd working perfectly

If your spiderbox drives to all the sats required, have a look at the numbered sat positions in that box and right them down, then its just a matter of doing as above post in the solo, change the satellite in the menu and add the stored position number that corresponds to the spiderbox.

• Hi again Still having problems but I see light at the end of the tunnel.No problem getting 28e.Now I'm on 23.5e ,in sat finder snr is 92% and a green tick in Lock .In tuner settings 23.5 is saved in stored position, Usals is turned off.In Possitioner setup signal strength is 88% In memory index I press Green button to Store position and at the bottom of the screen it says, "Position stored at index 2"I then exit back to watching tv.I then go to 28e and motor moves automaticly.When I try to go back to 23.5 the motor will not move ,it looks as if it has not stored the position ?.Any idea what Im doing wrong ?

• master G

Added the Label Motorized Dish Setup
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Setting up a Fixed and Motorised dish on Solo2” to “Setting up a Fixed and Motorized dish on VU+ Solo 2”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!