OnDemand plugin devixified and working on all images Support

There are 245 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 38,974 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• on Openpli 4.0 now install the correct et-livestream version by:
    menu: plugins: green button: extensions: et-livestream
    Thanks to MFaraj for the tip.

• My files (page 18 here) still work for OpenPli2.1 and OpenPli4.0. Just need to follow instructions with plenty of time. Crucial troubleshooting bit I extracted for post #181 on top of page 19 of this thread.

People who installed TSmedia later versions 5.x and their OnDemand works but does not stream, upload librtmp.so.0 file below to usr/lib/

and check OnDemand functionality before and after upgrading TSmedia in future.

Followed your instructions but now the OnDemand plugin has just disappeared from the menu so I seem to have done something wrong. One part of the instructions I don't understand is where you write:

ondemand 1.6 then (yes do it)
    ondemand 2.0

What exactly do you mean by these lines?

• Check to see if on-demand is still available in plugins. When working it's settiNgs can change from its homepage: menu button, so it shows in menu Also I have used multi-quick button plugin to assign green button to it (also set my red=tsmedia, yellow=epg download, blue=tspanel). If not in plugins, had not been installed properly.

Part 2: means install both the part for 1.6 version and then install the aforementioned file for 2.0 version afterwards also.

• OK, thanks. I didn't see that those two lines were under section 'install these ipks in root:'. I've gone through everything again now from the start including those 2 installations and but I'm still having problems starting the plugin. Before I emptied the OnDemand folder & copied in the 'latest working' version from your files I could start the plugin(with icons in the middle of the screen) but after deleting & replacing the files i get this error when opening the plugin menu:

Some plugins are not available: Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/__init__.pyo)

I've double-checked that I copied over all of your various files to the box(VU Solo2) according to the instructions but still no luck. Any idea what the problem could be?

• OK, thanks. I didn't see that those two lines were under section 'install these ipks in root:'. I've gone through everything again now from the start including those 2 installations and but I'm still having problems starting the plugin. Before I emptied the OnDemand folder & copied in the 'latest working' version from your files I could start the plugin(with icons in the middle of the screen) but after deleting & replacing the files i get this error when opening the plugin menu:

Some plugins are not available: Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/__init__.pyo)

I've double-checked that I copied over all of your various files to the box(VU Solo2) according to the instructions but still no luck. Any idea what the problem could be?

My files were to make it work on OpenPli2.1 (my box is a clone, dm800se) and then it worked on OpenPli4.0. I can't say it'll work for sure on other configurations. You seem close though. 2 options:

1* You might just have to simply flash the latest original ipk in the source thread, BH specific too:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=26996

2* Failing those ipks working:
    delete __init__.pyo
    edit __init__.py in the same location to make sure the PluginLanguagePath is correct, current __init__.pyo:

and rebooting so it generates a new __init__.pyo.

But your best bet is flashing the files for BH in option 1 if you're BH.

Edited once, last by chhertz ().

• If it doesn't work, let me know, I'll upload my current working OnDemand folder somewhere for you as I'm on OpenPli4.0 (GJStroom's) too.

Edited once, last by chhertz ().

• OK, didn't have a __init__.py (or any other .py files) in the OnDemand folder so had to create one. After the reboot I seem to be one step closer, at least, as I now get the same error message but this time about the file plugin.pyo instead. If you can be bothered to upload your working folder that would be great.

• People wishing to install, need to flash files in post #178 (on page 18 of this thread) first and follow enclosed instructions carefully. Specially afterwards, as in post #181 (on page 19 of this thread). Will work for OpenPli4.0 and OpenPli2.1, don't know about the rest. Without following instructions & flashing files in post #178 (on page 18 of this thread) just copying the folder won't work, this is just for delbert71 who has done all that. Please read this thread at least from page 18. Abu baniaz's instructions will work too.

* 4OD stopped working (used to search for ted, ie: father Ted)

BBC: Go to page 2 of listings, choose BBC1, BBC2, etc.

In plugin's homepage: press MENU Button: set "Preferred Stream Quality" to: HD

• Thanks for that, the plugin now starts. Can't seem to watch anything, though. Just getting 'unable to find playable stream' at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Never had that. In BBC, Go to page 2 of listings, choose BBC1, BBC2, etc. try one. Also try itv, rte etc, see if anything plays. Make sure et-livestream is installed. Sounds like simply a codec driver is missing, let us know, others might have had this sorted.

• et-livestream was installed but not working for some reason(the box crashed when I tried to start it from the extensions menu). Uninstalled and reinstalled it and now I can at least start that, but unfortunately OnDemand still has the same problems on BBC & ITV(i've tried BBC1, BBC2, etc. as you suggest above). Then, when I tried RTE & 3 Player, I was surprised to see that they work perfectly.
    So, can it be that BBC & ITV use a different codec, maybe? Or maybe some geo-blocking issue(I'm not in the UK)?

• et-livestream was installed but not working for some reason(the box crashed when I tried to start it from the extensions menu). Uninstalled and reinstalled it and now I can at least start that, but unfortunately OnDemand still has the same problems on BBC & ITV(i've tried BBC1, BBC2, etc. as you suggest above). Then, when I tried RTE & 3 Player, I was surprised to see that they work perfectly.
    So, can it be that BBC & ITV use a different codec, maybe? Or maybe some geo-blocking issue(I'm not in the UK)?

So that's narrowed down the issue. I got some unplayable on ITV but some work too. All BBC works for me.

Menu: information: service while playing shows BBC source is rtmp but the file type can be a variety.

* Backup image
    * Install drivers one by one from:
    * TSpanel: Addons: TunisiaSat Addons: TSmedia Library
    * Reboot UI (e2) to check BBC
    * If no joy, install another driver
    * Reboot & check again

Install the usual suspects: mms, bad-rtmp, avi, flv, bad-*, then good-*.

• On TSpanel: Addons: TunisiaSat Vuplus Addons: TSmedia Library everything is already installed(green icons).
    I presume it's that list I should be checking, as i have a VU+ box.

• On TSpanel: Addons: TunisiaSat Vuplus Addons: TSmedia Library everything is already installed(green icons).
    I presume it's that list I should be checking, as i have a VU+ box.

No above that, top line:

TSpanel: Addons: TunisiaSat Addons: TSmedia Library

Try those 1 by 1 as said, reboot e2, check BBC. Backup first.

• OK, more or less everything there is already installed as well(apart from a few, like MyTube & Subtitleplayer). Certainly all those you mention above.

• To watch BBCi try to find and flash a recent & working version of h264 (for mpeg4) decoder or driver for your box & image, first try plugins: green button.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!