X3 No Signal! problem

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,029 times. The last Post () by fazz69.

• ok, until two days ago i had a perfectly working x3. then yesterday the picture was terrible all day, glitching and jumpy. until eventually it now shows nothing. all the time now showing no signal message. the SNR quality is 4 - 5 % whereas it should be 75 or so.

Now I've a backup openbox x3 and it is working perfectly, not a problem.

Now on the 'broken' box, can anyone help to shed any light ? i'm assuming i have a hardware problem inside the box.

• I've checked all settings, connections, reflashed image, factory reset, pretty much exhausted all avenues, signal checker up on the dish, everything !

• try make a firmware backup from your backup box and reflash the one that isnt working with it sometimes its the firmware that does this seen it on a few of my boxes if that doesnt work then its a hardware issue for sure , when you update the broken one if you see keep setting you want that to be no (keep your cline)

• try make a firmware backup from your backup box and reflash the one that isnt working with it sometimes its the firmware that does this seen it on a few of my boxes if that doesnt work then its a hardware issue for sure , when you update the broken one if you see keep setting you want that to be no (keep your cline)

sorry stevejo, i want what to be no ?

if you see keep setting you want that to be no (keep your cline)

I think he means that after updating with the good working image you will be asked if you want to keep setting.. just click NO..

• ok, this flashing of the backup good image on to the broken box has made no difference.
    as it is then likely to be some kind of hardware issue, would anyone be willing to take a look at it for me or able to recommend someone ?

• bud at the price for the box probably gonna be quicker (if under warranty :snicker:) to buy a new one

failing that take it apart and see if its a loose connection or something!

Door wedge time or non used media player me thinks

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• hi,can you check on the broken box on lnb satting if you have this 9750 10600 universal , smoes box have this 9750 10700 . just change to 10600 .

• i think i need this guys help, fazz69

http://linuxsat-support.com/op…-no-signal.html#post98600

i've opened up my box, and this thermistor he talks about, well the legs on mine are completely bent! I'm 100% sure its a thermistor I am looking at as it says F1 beside it. now because it has bent legs does that mean its buggered though ?!

I've a photograph taken of mine which i will try to attach here for you to see what i am talking about

dd9d24cf5ff.jpg

• AKA Bucket job throwing good money after bad

I'm not so sure i'd agree, a new thermistor is not too expensive. if i can get this on digikey and then get a mate to help with tack soldering it in, it might work ! but sure if it doesn't it's no big loss financially, all i can do is try

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!