VU+ solo opinions?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,096 times. The last Post () by thestealer.

• I've just had a DM500SE go pop on me and am now considering a VU+ solo as a replacement. Is it a pretty decent replacement?

I see you can attach an external HDD but can you add an internal one?

Presumably, if I bought from our sponsor, it would be an original, is it then possible to simply download and use the Pli image or any other considerations?

Any thoughts and opinions for a VU+ noob much appreciated. Thanks.

• Can't go wrong with the Vu range of receivers buddy and as it will be Original you have a world of options on images although I and most tend to agree Vix is a good starting point and Mrs Friendly lol - good few backup images on here also

Not sure on Internal HDD although the solo2 does lol but the right external HDD works just the same smaller the better obviously lol

Eitherway Vu = Nice Easy Solid box

if you wanted to go all out there is the solo2 but only if you a techno geek with a bigger budget lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Check out the Max Digital xp1000. It's a stoking box for the money. But as has been said you won't be disappointed with any of the Vu+ range either. Currently I have an ultimo and the new solo2 and previously a duo. All have performed well.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

• The Uno is a better option that the solo as it has slightly faster processor and also offers the option of upgrading to a twin tuner should you ever require it.
    But seriously mate, the solo2 blows everything else out the water in my opinion.
    1300 mhz processor, twin tuner, transcoding, gigabit ethernet.............

• Official Post

The Uno is a better option that the solo as it has slightly faster processor and also offers the option of upgrading to a twin tuner should you ever require it.
    But seriously mate, the solo2 blows everything else out the water in my opinion.
    1300 mhz processor, twin tuner, transcoding, gigabit ethernet.............

I have to agree with this too, there is no way you will regret spending the extra cash for a solo2 its worth every penny where as a few months down the line as new features appear in the images you may well regret not spending a bit more.

• Sorry for hijacking your thread thestealer but wanted to enquire if there was any word on the release of the Duo2 ?

No Confirmed News as yet to my knowledge and i have been looking lol

People said after Xmas, Then within 1st Quarter....i think 2 quarter of this year so expect some information soon but i do wonder whether the apparent success of the solo2 and the problems when they launched is making them think/feel No Rush needed!

Im sure we will hear, here 1st ish :snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!