Vu+ Solo red light

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,512 times. The last Post () by darius.

• Hi guys.
    For a few weeks ago i got problems with my Vu+ SOLO.
    The problem was that i couldn't get any picture or any sound when i turn the device on. i was just getting black screen.
    Then i tried to update bootloader and update black hole. i was getting normal lights, like at least 3 minutes red light and green light in the end of updating and the light was blinking.

But recently i downloaded a wrong file duo_cfe_3_0_usb ( Vuplus/duo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin ) and i moved it in a USB stick, and changed the name vuplus/DUO TO SOLO/cfe_cfe_auto.bin and updated again. now my vu+ solo dont start. i only get red light.
    i am trying to connect with RS-232 cable but nothing is happening, please help!!!

• Hi mate

you can connect via null modem cable to pc and run vu util prog look up on google for prog and how to use

make sure your using correct image for the receiver

• I posted on here a while ago about this, hopefully it's the same problem - http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=69332

My box is not a clone, I finally got round to getting a usb to serial adapter and serial cable, this has just worked for me:

Switch the box off, on the rear side.
    choose in putty for serial connect, speed must be set to 115200 and choose you`re comport.
    Put the box on, when you`re connection is oke, you wil see some text scrolling over the putty screen.
    Now use the ctrl + c key to stop the booting.
    copy the following line in the screen:

boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

The box now reboot from the flash, so watch you`re box.
    Then open telnet with dcc and put in the following line.

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

and after that the following line

reboot -f

Then you`re box is running again.

I was amazed... had more trouble getting the usb to serial adapter working than fixing the box.

Edited 2 times, last by cazuela: no live links to other sat sites ().

• so that worked for a while but now it's back to the red light and a serial connection no longer works properly, it gives this:

Any ideas? Time for the bin?

• i hi have a vu+ solo and image version was 5 .
    i download new image 9.0.3 and when i installed it in my solo i had green light only without picture.
    i installed image version 6-7 and original but same and green light again.
    i installed cfe_solo_2.0 and after that i have red light and i cant install any image in my solo.
    when i connect usb stick to my solo no change and every time red light.
    my solo is original and not clone.
    i read your post and i do it but when i power on vu+solo noting.
    i have calbe rs232 and null 9-9 .
    with cable i need ?
    sr-232 = 2-3 , 3-2 , 5-5
    null : 1-1 ,2-2 , 3-3 ,.........9-9

• Not very clear about which Image(s) you have tried...
    Try this clean image 3.0 vuplus-image-vusolo-20160715161107_usb.zip

• I test it but notting.

فرستاده شده از HTC One_M8ِ من با Tapatalk

Did you buy it from a physical shop or over the internet?
    Is there any decent satellite or electronic shop near you ?
    I would send it there to get an estimate of costs of repair.
    The reason is that it could be anything from a capacitor to transformer to motherboard....
    if this is not possible, then save for another box..

• the best way is to replace the IC FLASH on your motherboard and flash your box whit a safe image whit usb.

Check your PM برات پیام گذاشتم

Edited once, last by darius ().

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!