DM 500 as a server, few question

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 889 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hello guys, i thinking about to try use my old DM500 box as a server at my home for the bedrooms. I have once setup a PC server with ubuntu 12.04 that i installed onboard a ship for the crew to watch tv in every cabin. Know i want to try myself some of this. I have a few questions that i would like to ask.

1. Is there any one firmware better than other for this.
    2. Can i use the smartcard reader in dm500 box to read the canal digital card (thor 0.8°).
    3. Do i use just cccam or is it better to use oscam/cccam.

• Official Post

Hello guys, i thinking about to try use my old DM500 box as a server at my home for the bedrooms. I have once setup a PC server with ubuntu 12.04 that i installed onboard a ship for the crew to watch tv in every cabin. Know i want to try myself some of this. I have a few questions that i would like to ask.

1. Is there any one firmware better than other for this.

just my opinion but for users outside UK i would suggest openPLI on this box.

2. Can i use the smartcard reader in dm500 box to read the canal digital card (thor 0.8°).

Yes no problem there.

3. Do i use just cccam or is it better to use oscam/cccam.

Not 100% on this but due to the sid limit on this provider i think you need to look at using oscam only.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!