VU+ Duo2

There are 82 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,444 times. The last Post () by shida.

• Unfortunately an issue has arisen/discovered and pushed back the main launch date of the 17th. The situation is dynamic at present.

There is a possibility that machines and stock assigned to the UK will be distributed this week on 19th Friday. Alternatively, the matter may roll into next week but no later than 26th Friday.

• It would be good to know what exactly this issue is??

Is the only difference between the European stock and the Official Uk stock going to be that the Uk stock will have the new remote in the box instead of a voucher to claim it? Because if that's all it is I would rather have the Duo2 with the old style remote sitting in my house now along with the voucher to claim the new style when it is available rather than sitting with nothing. Plus side of the remote voucher is that you will eventually end up with two remotes. Bonus! lol

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Part of the problem ( and this is just my personal opinion not that of any team etc ), but in my opinion Vu went wrong by deciding to forgo their established in-house beta team in favour of just pushing the receiver onto a select few yes men who would tell them exactly what they wanted to hear without pointing out potential problems.

you just have to see the Ultimo, the beta team found several issues pre-release that meant Vu had redesign the hardware before general release, yes this meant a slight delay to the launch but it meant the receiver went out fully functioning, with the Duo2 on the other hand they have in my opinion cut way to many corners.

first of all the LCD uses a third party plugin rather that being driven by drivers, it also uses 10% of the available processing power every ten seconds just for the LCD. not to mention the fact that they have already issues a bootloader update before the thing goes on general release any where outside of Germany.

and before people start moaning no i am not a member of that in-house beta team but i do know 4 of the 6 members of the team.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• first of all the LCD uses a third party plugin rather that being driven by drivers, it also uses 10% of the available processing power every ten seconds

How can it possibly use % every 10 seconds , why every 10 seconds is it getting ecm picons cant see that being true spiking every 10 seconds to display surely it will have a consistant cpu draw and a possible spike on picon change :waaaht:

• How can it possibly use % every 10 seconds , why every 10 seconds is it getting ecm picons cant see that being true spiking every 10 seconds to display surely it will have a consistant cpu draw and a possible spike on picon change :waaaht:

Because it's not a true LCD in that it does not display its data as pixels but can only display data in the form of images, images which have to built and refreshed constantly to be displayed on the LCD.

I forget the format but it's something like .mvi images, the plugin LCD4Linux builds this image then pushes it to the LCD to be displayed over and over and over again, this is a hugely memory intensive process.

• Im starting to change my mind about a duo2 now always felt the screen was a gimik more than useful pitty the solo2 just doesn't have the extra ram although doesnt seem to need it

I'm not trying to put you off buying one but my point was that such a important feature should have been handled by the drivers rather than relying on a third party plugin and for me it's just one in a long line of corners that Vu have cut over the years and with every new release they seem to get worse at it.

No doubt this will be a hugely popular machine for Vu+ but it's a worrying trend that they seem to be forgoing proper Quality control in favour of letting the end user find and report issues, why do you think ViX initially decided not to release a Solo2 image ??.

Is the only difference between the European stock and the Official Uk stock going to be that the Uk stock will have the new remote in the box instead of a voucher to claim it? Because if that's all it is I would rather have the Duo2 with the old style remote sitting in my house now along with the voucher to claim the new style when it is available rather than sitting with nothing. Plus side of the remote voucher is that you will eventually end up with two remotes. Bonus! lol

Delay is only a relative. The level of interest in the Duo2 is unprecedented.

As already explained bringing a product to market involves many things beyond merely building the machine. As explained in the opening original post some development machines were finding their way into 3rd party hands. The launch of the machine was expedited. The remote was simply one issue, where quite simply the new remotes were still in production.

All the VU+ machines are products of extensive research and development and the concept of developers. In the meantime it is of course nonsense for anyone to suggest or be suggesting that VU+ have gone wrong or otherwise.

Official uk stock also comes in a "premium box" from what i've read.

So maybe the Chrome stickers to make the box "premium" is where the holdup is lol.

• Do we get a "deliver on time or your order is free guarantee" lol!

:snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!