VU+ Duo2

There are 82 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,326 times. The last Post () by shida.

• Clearly, a lot of enthusiasts are excited about the launch of this machine.

The finalised 'Consumer' hardware release of the Duo2 is now in full production.

For those that understand logistics, you will appreciate that the route to market is quite complex and is not merely about a factory producing the unit.

As for the Duo2 itself there should be some more information available to share regards public release dates tomorrow.

In the meantime to clear some confusion that's floating around there are of course some sample, pre-production units. These are not the finalised consumer spec nor fully functional as the remote control supplied are old ones and some on-board hardware features will not be working entirely correctly i.e. wifi etc etc

I stress that they are pre-production units only and not the finalised consumer spec units. Third party images are also not yet fully finalised.

Furthermore if you are pre-ordering please only do so from Authorised dealers such as the forum sponsor. This will ensure your machine is officially sourced through Official UK Distribution.

For those that simply cannot wait.......

VU+ listened to feedback on the Qwerty style Ultimo remote. That was not the most most ergonomic remote and most comfortable to use.

Here is the new actual Duo2 remote and as you can see it is a departure from the old tried and trusted design. The new remote is superb, having very tactile soft touch buttons and feels absolutely premium in hand.

The consumer machine comes boxed in a premium style box. Once again a slight departure from before and a little bit more up market.

Rear socketry is plentiful and the casing has a slightly matt finish as opposed to the glossy fingerprint magnet of the Ultimo. This is just as well because the Duo2 is very much a hands on machine.

Once the 'final' consumer spec machine is 'permitted' available (which will be fully functional) the full review will be published accordingly.

In the meantime this is the final spec :

Features:

2 x Plug & Play tuner slots suitable for DVB-S2 / DVB-C / T / DVB-S2 Dual tuners
    Transcoding function
    Airplay function
    Opera browser
    HbbTV
    HDMI 1.4 connection
    HD PIP
    Gigabit Lan
    Plug and Play support for 2.5 "SATA - Hard Drives
    2 x display (VFD and LCD)
    WOL
    Technical highlights VU+ Duo2:

1300 MHz dual-core MIPS processor
    1GB Flash
    2GB DDR3 DRAM
    Gigabit Lan
    2 x DVB Common Interface slot
    2 x Smartcard-Reader (Xcrypt)
    3 x USB (1 x front, 2 x back)
    SPDIF audio output optical (digital)
    1 x HDMI 1.4 video / audio output (digital)
    1 x Scart (TV)
    1 x RCA video output
    2 x audio output (L / R) RCA (analog)
    Plug and Play support for 2.5 and 3.5 "SATA - Hard Drives
    unlimited channel lists for TV / Radio
    EPG (electronic program guide) support
    Support of Bouquet lists
    OSD in many languages and skin-support
    automatic / manual channel search
    DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2, USALS
    Power switch
    Specifications VU+ Duo2 DVB-S2 and DVB-S2 Dual Tuner:
    Input Frequency Range 950 .. 2150 MHz
    QPSK Demodulation EN 302 307
    Signal Level - 65 dBm ... - 25 dBm
    Noise Level 12 dB max.
    DBS-Tuner Input Connector F-Type female
    Input impedance 75 ohms
    AFC capture range + / - 3 MHz
    Demodulation Shaped QPSK and 8PSK
    Viterbi and Reed-Solomon FEC
    Viterbi rates 1/4, 1/3, 2/5, 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9
    Roll-off Factor 35%
    DVB-C/T- hybrid tuner:

VHF channels: 2-12 (49 .. 230 MHz)
    UHF channels: 21-69 (470 .. 861 MHz)
    DVB-C HDTV compatible
    Input frequency range: 51 .. 858 MHz
    Symbol rate: 1 ... 7 Mbaud / s
    Input Impedance: 75 ohms
    Tuner In / Out connector: IEC
    DVB-C / DVB-T can be selected via software
    Common Interface:

2x Common Interface Power Consumption max. 0.35 A/5V
    Video decoder:

Video Compression MPEG-2 / H.264 and MPEG-1 compatible
    Video Standard PAL G / 25 Hz, NTSC
    Video Formats 4:3 / 16:9
    Letterbox for 4:3 TV-Device
    Output digital:

Output Level 0,5 Vss on 75 Ohm
    Sampling frequencies 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
    S / PDIF-Output optical, coaxial (AC3)
    Audio decoder
    Audio compression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
    Audio Mode Dual (main / sub), Stereo
    Sampling frequencies 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22:05 kHz, 24 kHz
    Output analog:

Output Level L / R 0,5 Vss on 600 Ohm
    THD> 60 dB (1 kHz)
    Crosstalk <-65 dB
    Video parameter:

Input Level FBAS 1 Vss + / - 0.25 dB on 75 Ohm

TV-Scart:

Output: FBAS, RGB, over OSD selectable

Ethernet:

1000/100/10 MBit compatible interface

USB:

USB 2.0 connector (3x)

LNB power and DVB-S2 tuner:

LNB Current 400mA max. , Short-circuit proof
    LNB Voltage horizontal "no load 19.5V" 17,6 V at 400mA
    LNB Voltage vertical "no load 14.5V" 11,8 V at 400mA
    LNB is switched off in standby mode
    Control of the satellite position:

DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 and USALS - Rotor Control
    Power consumption:

<15W (in operation, with LNB)
    <13W (in operation, without LNB)
    <0.5 W (Deep-Standby-Mode)
    Input voltage:

230V / 50 Hz alternating current + / - 15%
    110V / 60 Hz alternating current + / - 15%
    General:

Ambient Temperature +15 ° C. .. +35 ° C
    Humidity <80%
    Dimensions (W x D x H): 380 mm x 290 mm x 60 mm
    Weight: 3,0 kg without HDD

Please find the Duo2 pdf attached.

• Third party images are also not yet fully finalised.

of course the Third party images are going to be somewhat behind the OI, simply because the Vu+ devs have had well over a year to finalise their image since the anga 2012 expo. That said many third party images have been in the works for a good while and unless you have contacts within those dev teams you cant say anything about the status of their work.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Same Story as Solo2 it seems!!! Can't you all just get Along?????

of course the Third party images are going to be somewhat behind the OI

or

unless you have contacts within those dev teams you can't say anything about the status of their work.

Which one is it? A user puts some relevant information up about a box everyone is interested in and rather then offer some good insight! its oh don't say that cause you don't speak for them?????

Get a Grip

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• He does not speak for any third party image team so his opinions about that area is just that, his opinion, not based is fact.

• So factually is the Vix image finalised then? and will it be ready for release when the Duo2 is launched?

lssdalogo.png

• odds are you can build a functioning image right now from the oe-a git.
    it'll probably be fine bar a few tweaks kernel wise. or any driver issues from vu.

im sure there'll be a vix image avaialble either before or on the day of release ;)

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• So factually is the Vix image finalised then? and will it be ready for release when the Duo2 is launched?

The final image will be released as and when we decide we are happy with it, thats as much as i'll say on the topic. my gripe was with the OP who is well known to big up his own credentials by insinuating he is in the know, well i can tell you this now he's not.

odds are you can build a functioning image right now from the oe-a git.
    it'll probably be fine bar a few tweaks kernel wise. or any driver issues from vu.

im sure there'll be a vix image avaialble either before or on the day of release ;)

Technically you can build almost any E2 image from the GIT as long as one member team supports it, I have a full series of ViX DM images i built my self out of boredom more than any thing else.

Once support has been added to the GIT it's there for any one to use.

any hoo back to the point, ViX will be released by the ViX team when were good and ready as always.

• So in a nutshell the Vix image isn't Finalised (must be an echo) and when it is it will be released! Whether that be at launch of the product or not!

Glad its cleared up!

Ps Whether a User is in the know or not! Or pretending to be! Unless the information is misleading or factually incorrect all users are free to post what they find/know as long as it is related to the topic or useful for lovers of the Hobby!

:firework:

lssdalogo.png

• Have been informed the official UK launch date is confirmed and expected as no later than the 17th July.

The machine itself is ready to be distributed however the delays are being caused by the supply of the new remote. Everything is being done by VU+ to expedite supply of the remotes at the moment. All countries are in the same position and if there is any movement to that date all efforts will of course be to bring it forward.

You can also now find the original image for download on the official site. Third party images such as BH Hyperspace 2.0.4 should also become available from today.

• Been reading lots! not sure if I'll need the big satellite as I download most of my films ;) although obviously get more channels.
    would like to get blu rays and put them on or ideally directly download them to the box - is that possible or will i have to stream from my pc to the box?
    thinking about getting the duo2 and satellite package (from WOS) and do the dish once i've sorted the flashing of the box - still cant decide what image i'd put on there?
    Is there a list of possible subs? and where to get them.

• MrBlonde,

THe dish size/package will open up a realm of different sats and channel you will be able to access given the correct sub or share so always good to go bigish lol!

BluRays - will play how you get them to your box is up to you, you can stream from BR on a pc or copy them from PC to HD on receiver (you will probably be best to get a larger TB+ HD and install yourself)...obviously the bigger the HD the better for BluRays! Data Holding!

New to the Game we always suggest Vix, Its easier to navigate and easier on the eye somewhat! but like i always say flashing is a 2 minute thing so if your not happy you can reflash one of the other images! and as with everything its all about experimenting!

Get you box, VU rocks, and go from there bud....but that should clear a few things up for you!

lssdalogo.png

• Main stock should now be distributed on the 15th. The main German dealers will probably get their hands on it first whilst the shipments to the UK will be en route.

In the meantime virtually all the third party images are out (inc some new ones) with one or two still still being finalised.

• They are or some are anyway being shipped out in Europe....order being taken with delivery dates confirmed so i wouldn't worry too much!

Perhaps the News is free trade in on a Solo2 unit lol I wish!

lssdalogo.png

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!