sound level on PKT Hyperion image

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,432 times. The last Post () by be6_2.

• anyone else having problems with the volume on this image. it is very low on many channels, and even when I increase TV volume it seems to have an upper limit which is not very high

Yes,the audio levels on channels with ac3 audio are very low.
    The movie channels are the worst
    This issue isnt confined to PKT though ,its the same on HDMU .
    I try to use the mpeg audio stream where possible ,but that doesnt work well on the movie channels as the mpeg audio is usually for visually disabled .

PKT has channel control via the blue panel where you can specify the audio level on each channel individually,I think you can boost it by 30%.
    You can also try the audio auto adjustment but that isnt great .

To be honest the audio levels inconsistency is the biggest flaw with the receiver as apart from that its really excellent.

• I have this problem as well, it is happening on Open ARP , PKT, HDMU basically any enigma 2 image - I have tried both installing these images from scratch and installing people's preconfigured backups.

The movie channels are almost unwatchable the audio is that low.

I have been through all settings and cannot find anything to change it , I tried what musogeek suggested but when I change it to SPDIF and AC3/DTS downmix is set to no the sound then goes off. I did try rebooting my box after this as well.

Sound works ok if I boot to spark and I tried some image called Neutrino and it was ok on there as well.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!