Using letters in menu's

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,125 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi all I seem to going mad! I am trying to put in a few configs in my network settings. However for the life of me I cant get to input any letters. I can bring up the virtual keypad by pressing the text button but it does not allow me to input any letter. Same also goes for my airplayer premium key.

I am obviously being very silly!

I am using mckees back up vix image.

Cheers

John

• Entering letters should be the same as texting on a mobile without predictive text. Press a number on your remote that corresponds with the letter you want (1 has a few symbols - 2 is abc, 3 is def etc) - press repeatedly until the letter you want appears, and wait until it stops flashing then move to the next one. When you are pressing the number on the remote, there should be a guide that comes up to tell you what letter you are on to aid you.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• looks like the person who created the backup did not enable text support.

menu> setup> system> remote control code > text support = YES then green to save.

The person who created the backup does have a name - this was stated when the thread was started...

Also if it is so vital (to warrant mild sarcasm) that anyone who creates backups should enable it, then why is it not enabled by default? I am sure it can't be because I am sure "the person" wouldn't have disabled it!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

menu> setup> system> remote control code > text support = YES then green to save.

Hmmmm suppose the next thing we will be doing wrong is not adding enabled clines in the backups , maybe you should put up a few backups of your own instead of pointing the finger try do something to help rather than be sarky
    :wank:

looks like the person who created the backup did not enable text support.

Any particular reason that text support would not be enabled by default in ViX?
    Nothing worse than configuring your box only to find all these kind of settings that don't affect anything else turned off by default..
    Its a bit like ordering a cream bun only to be asked if you would like to use the cream today!

Problems with text support & ViX are well documented (Especially on WOS) so you would want to turn them on as the person who made the comment suggests & then prey that they work.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Any particular reason that text support would not be enabled by default in ViX?
    Nothing worse than configuring your box only to find all these kind of settings that don't affect anything else turned off by default..
    Its a bit like ordering a cream bun only to be asked if you would like to use the cream today!

Problems with text support & ViX are well documented (Especially on WOS) so you would want to turn them on as the person who made the comment suggests & then prey that they work.

Well...as stated mate this is a backup image so god knows what could be turned on or off on the image..i dont know if it is on or off by default on vix as i steer clear of that software as its crap.(my opinion)

I recommend peeps start from scratch and edit their own image

Good old pheonix tho...i see you still have many fans roflmfao.......i wonder if its possible that a forum might exist today where you have not rubbed someone up the wrong way?

Liked your comment about the cream bun thatfellow:)

No I did not enable text support in this backup, the reason being I didn't go into the sub menu you mention, it being turned off must be the default on this image when you install it from fresh. I did not make any changes in the remote control menu before making the backup. I am glad the OP made this thread now as I would never of believed that you had to change a setting in the remote menu just to be able to use numbers & letters!!! :snicker:

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• No I did not enable text support in this backup, the reason being I didn't go into the sub menu you mention, it being turned off must be the default on this image when you install it from fresh. I did not make any changes in the remote control menu before making the backup. I am glad the OP made this thread now as I would never of believed that you had to change a setting in the remote menu just to be able to use numbers & letters!!! :snicker:

I was not having a go at you mate, regardless of what the we hate pheonix cheer leader squad think ( hi celtic / meerkat by the way ).

I suspect its due to the new style remote used by the Duo2, the same as for the ultimo when using it's own remote as opposed to the type used by the duo / uno / solo / solo2.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Its hard to not see it that way , the way you conduct your self in here at times your more of a critic than anything else , instead of just saying to enable text support do this buddy nah ! with you its looks like the person , the finger out again , You are not much use to this forum in my opinion your just a vix parrot repeating what you hear and not understanding any of it ,and im not on any band wagon but this thread and loads of other dont look good at all for someone new in the forum they will be reluctant to ask anything , why dont you make a few vix backups and promote your software you feel so strongly about ?

• Thanks to everyone for the input. Now I feel dumb! :beat_brick: I have not had a huge amount of time to play around so far. Have a 2TB HD in a 14gig usb and the basic stuff set up.

So this will allow me to get my network shares up and running and might even move the box downstairs!

Cheers

John

• youll need to be a bit more specific as to what you have , are you talking shares like nas server or share sub to another box in the house ?If its share sub what boxes card and how far are you set up ?

• you'll need to be a bit more specific as to what you have , are you talking shares like nas server or share sub to another box in the house ?If its share sub what boxes card and how far are you set up ?

Hi mate it is just the network share dotted around the house that I will need to set up. It only takes a few minutes. The problem was getting the virtual keyboard working but thanks for offering the help. I have my htpc and my ultimo that all share their videos around the network.

Cheers

John

• I was initially caught out with this exact same problem with my Vu+Duo2 when setting up my NFS/CIFS network shares.
    It does seem odd that the text option is not enabled by default in the Vix image as to me as an average end user there does not seem to be any reason why you would not want it enabled.

• on TSmedia in searchbar you need to use the remote control arrows to move around the virtual keyboard (which is part of TSmedia software)
    on TS media....
    you do not use the letters on the remote control...

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!