BT Homehub4

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,219 times. The last Post () by barrytarr.

• Hi all, just go BT homehub4 installed yesterday, and its bollockesed up my internal sharing setup.
    I had three boxes on my lan on a netgear working fine, now the bt hub is showing all the lan boxes as connected but the actual box itself wont connect to the ip of the router?
    So for example box 1 shows in hub, ip info, status, connected.
    But at the box it pings the ip ok, but wont log into server.
    From outside the lan, external box, connects fine with no issues.
    So I assume port forward is ok.
    Any Ideas anyone?
    Cheers

• Its hard to make out what you mean here bud all 3 fine on old setup .all 3 show connected to new hub ,(but the actual box its self wont connect ) what is this box ?? and at the box it pings the ip ok , what box is this , then you have an external box ??

• On my lan,,I have 3 f3 boxes,, all were working fine until I changed to Bt hub.
    Now , although I can see them as connected in the hub, they wont log into my server connected to the lan.
    I also have a box at my mothers, and it connects fine to the hub, and server, via the internet.
    So the ports seem to be ok, maybe, and I have messed with all the settings in firewall etc.
    I hope this clarifys things a bit better.

• b* home hub 4 is fine for cs even updates the dns
    sorry i know this does not help you but this will let you know its your settings that are wrong
    best only use above .100 for router to assign then anything below .100 can be used as fixed ip's
    foz

• Have you checked the lines in your boxes which are setup for a internal share, the ip addy of your server may have changed when you connected it to the home hub, if this is the case then you will need to edit the ip addy in the c lines in the boxes. The box outside your home is working fine as it is probably got a dns addy in the line, internal shares use the ip addy of the server to connect to it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Have you checked the lines in your boxes which are setup for a internal share, the ip addy of your server may have changed when you connected it to the home hub, if this is the case then you will need to edit the ip addy in the c lines in the boxes. The box outside your home is working fine as it is probably got a dns addy in the line, internal shares use the ip addy of the server to connect to it.

I have checked and done that, the box on the lan pings ok, and shows its ip as connected on the hub, but it wont log into my server.

• Have you tried using your dns details in one of the internal shares to see if that works, if it does you will know for definate that it is a internal network problem.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Have you tried using your dns details in one of the internal shares to see if that works, if it does you will know for definate that it is a internal network problem.

Yes I tried that and still wouldnt log in, I even tried wifi , and still no joy, all laptops and ipads are fine, either by lan or wifi.
    Just seems to be the boxes.

• Why not continue to use your Netgear?

I switched to BT today and just reconfigured my Netgear for BT's settings! Took about 5 minutes and my move from O2 to BT meant only 30 mins downtime!

I have a netgear dgnd3300
    I dont think its compatible with fibre.
    The bt hub has a wan port,which conncts to the openreach filter, whereas the netgear only has adsl, and lan ports.

• At the moment I made it static, but I have tried dhcp.

I see you've tried dhcp on server then, with no luck... I used the homehub3 some time back and can only remember having problems with the addressing when moving from a netgear.
    If memory servers me right they even start the dns right up the top or was it the gateway like 192.168.1.64

Try IPCONFIG/ALL from the command prompt and see if that reveals something you may have thought was different.

• I see you've tried dhcp on server then, with no luck... I used the homehub3 some time back and can only remember having problems with the addressing when moving from a netgear.
    If memory servers me right they even start the dns right up the top or was it the gateway like 192.168.1.64

Try IPCONFIG/ALL from the command prompt and see if that reveals something you may have thought was different.

had same prob...disable dhcp in ur stb..reboot so u get ip add over 1.65 save reboot again and enable stb. then router will fix the ip and all works fine....had me for a while!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!