Champions OpenAR-P Complete Image

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,376 times. The last Post () by championc.

• Hi all

I like many, have been through the frustration of finding is a stable E2 image for Alien2. Once the box goes under the TV, the family then start to enjoy it until the lockups start and the frustration sets in before being finally ridiculed as to why we bought these heaps of junk. Well now, I have finally got a stable box to be proud of and am delighted to share it with others. There's no point just keeping it to myself :)

Given that it's based around python2.7 rather than the HDMU based 2.6, I certainly found that CPU usage is very low (idle 85% on average) and memory is good. These figures (Telnet to box and type "TOP") seem way lower to HDMU figures

Here's a link to my complete OpenAR-P based Image

https://app.box.com/s/0qzem9zfnbdr1j94fzin

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, both OpenWebIf and WebInterface (decide yourself which one you want to use), Streaming, SambaServer and RTEPlayer.

One of the most requested plugins (which I have never used myself) is PermanentTimeshift.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Enjoy and I'm sure other users will benefit from any feedback you have for this Image

FTP Login username root, password blank

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

• Hi,
    I have an Alien2 and was going to try your image.

I however get an" error as I attempt to download:
    "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth."

Could you possibly upload it to another host?

• For all of you who DON'T have HDMI 1080p connected boxes

My image was done on a HD 1080p with HDMI connection. So you will need to change to scart or a lower resolution.

Start up the box and once booted, press the following

MENU
    DOWN
    DOWN
    DOWN
    OK
    OK
    OK

You will now be on the A/V settings menu. At this point, do either of two choices

1. For Scart, Press LEFT followed by GREEN

or

2. For HDMI @ 720p, Press DOWN followed by LEFT, followed by GREEN

• Hi, the RS link worked fine thnx.

Installed ok and so far going grand. Seems a bit more responsive than Yoda's too
    Been tweaking some settings to what we prefer just with regards EPG.

I am having issues installing Rats Picons though.
    It says the ipk is installed but doesnt show under plugins even after reboot.
    Its possible im installing it wrong though, I cant find the webpage I used last time. Currently installing via tmp folder.

Any help is appreciated

Thnx
    S

• The odd time I had problems, I simply unzip'd the IPK file and then FTP'd it to the correct folders on the box. As mentioned previously, OpenAR-P is based on Python2.7 (OE 2.0) and not 2.6 so this could be the issue too

• The odd time I had problems, I simply unzip'd the IPK file and then FTP'd it to the correct folders on the box. As mentioned previously, OpenAR-P is based on Python2.7 (OE 2.0) and not 2.6 so this could be the issue too

Its possible. I can live without it for the moment but hopefully a new release from Rat might work down the line. (I am new to this whole thing tbh)

On another note I had issues watching 1 and recording another channel.
    I resolved it by the below post:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/am…kt-images.html#post112521

Hopefully will help someone :)

Championc so far the image is working SOOOOOO much better than the default one I had (not sure if i can mention it as from another forum). Its quicker and more responsive, runs the recorded stuff a hell of a lot better, better functionality and HDD mounting all the time, love the display on box showing correctly too and the options to custom it, hasn't locked up yet at all either.

To be honest there has been a few crashes but its mainly me configuring a few things to way we like them (EPG, Picons, GUI, shutdown options, auto language etc) and there's a bug that the video display wont come on after standby although I think that's a known issue across the board. Just powering device off and on works via remote.

Overall its a good image I think, its a few wee things here and there but nothing major.
    Its opened my eyes a bit as I always thought the box was sluggish from the offset, takes ages to load and respond for basic functions, then threw on your image and was blown away by how much quicker it was.

Its only been a few days but overall so far so good, keep up the good work :)

• I was positive I had implemented the option to record two simultaneously. Thanks for the heads up because it means I haven't got it myself and it could trip me up at some stage :)

I think if I kept going with HDMU, either my box or me would have ended up being dumped out the window. The family are much happier now :)

• Hi Champion,

I have been using your image for a week now and it is the best image i have used on my Alien 2 up to now, well done :thumbsup:
    Nice Gui, and very responsive compared to other images i have used.

I have noticed a few issue:

System update never seems to update just keep requesting what seems to be the same update!

Video judder but not as bad as some other images, i have tried other video resolution but still the same, 1080i/p 50/60. Not tried 720 yet but will let you know~1

Automatic Service Scan takes over an hour, this is a clean install! Is this correct?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Donkey

• Regarding System Update, the OpenAR-P image hasn't been updated since (mind you - doesn't really need updating based on yours and my experiences)

I really don't know why the scan takes so long but hey, only needed once I guess or else, run before going to bed !!!

• Regarding System Update, the OpenAR-P image hasn't been updated since (mind you - doesn't really need updating based on yours and my experiences)

I really don't know why the scan takes so long but hey, only needed once I guess or else, run before going to bed !!!

Attached is a photo of the update tab, every time it says 561 updates availiable!!
    I assume no updates are availaible!!!

Cheers
    The sa3d8e624181.jpg

• I want to give a try to this image, and I do; but I've a problem: I've to change satellite and rescan services, but I'm not able to do it; what must do to change satellite? I've seen also a plugin "autobuquet 28.2" but i'm not able to delete it. Regards.

• Sorry one more issue!!

Im getting a lot of glitching/freezing and a grey screen with this image, i have had it on other images butit seems to be worse!
    If i swap to spark it works fine with the same provider.
    Is this the image or the oscam plugin version?

Cheers

• I have started to use this image and so far so good apart from one little thing and its just me being picky, when you press the ok button to bring up the channel list there is a discription of what is on now but I would also like to know what is on next without having to use the epg, so does anyone know how to get this to happen? Is it just a skin that I could use or is it a plugin or even a bit of code that needs written? Please help. Thanks

• I want to give a try to this image, and I do; but I've a problem: I've to change satellite and rescan services, but I'm not able to do it; what must do to change satellite? I've seen also a plugin "autobuquet 28.2" but i'm not able to delete it. Regards.

For changing satellites, go to Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration. If your satelite is not listed, go to satellites-xml.org and make yourself a new version of satellites.xml and FTP it to /etc/enigma2/.

Autoboquets is to make channel lists like the *** UK box

Sorry one more issue!!

Im getting a lot of glitching/freezing and a grey screen with this image, i have had it on other images butit seems to be worse!
    If i swap to spark it works fine with the same provider.
    Is this the image or the oscam plugin version?

Cheers

Sorry mate, I don't know but always worth a try. However, I have no problems

I have started to use this image and so far so good apart from one little thing and its just me being picky, when you press the ok button to bring up the channel list there is a discription of what is on now but I would also like to know what is on next without having to use the epg, so does anyone know how to get this to happen? Is it just a skin that I could use or is it a plugin or even a bit of code that needs written? Please help. Thanks

That would be the Skin. However, try the Info Button. I cannot remember what it will display

• I have put this image on works great
    Apart from 1channel when I click movies I get green screen and box reboots itself
    Would it be possible to ad tsmedia to this image , where will it go
    Thanks

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!