Internal hard drive mount problem

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,349 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi peeps was wondering if any of you's could help me with a little problem, I have a vu solo2 myself and had no problems installing and mounting my internal hard drive. My younger brother having seen it up and running was looking a set up something like mine so I ordered him a vu+ duo from wos with great service and speedy delivery as always. Though i have run in to a problem with mounting my hard drive it is a 500gb hard drive that was removed from a sly uk box, after flashing the box with vix 3.0 latest build (unsure of build number) and going through the set up process i tried to mount the hard drive i thought all had gone well as i was asked to restart box after setting mount point as hdd so i restarted box and went to check the mount was ok but it was not there and had not been mounted. with the mount having failed i thought i should initialize the hard dive so i preceded to do this % wise it stuck at 51 percent for a while then moved on untill near the end of the process but failed at 98/99 while setting the mount with a pop up screen error saying that initialize and timed out

i tried another image to see it this was the problem it was one of the new black hole images 2. something but still no joy
    I then removed the hard drive and gave it to a friend who formatted it to fat32 with cmd, popped it back in to the vu duo and tried to mount still no joy and the same pop up when a tried to initialize as well.

Any help would be great, anything else i should be doing ect? before I phone wos for some suppport

• I generally have issues whenever I've fitted a used HDD from PC - though this would show itself by E2 hanging on boot when disk in place. Can you get disk onto a PC and remove all partitions, not sure what format the *** box will use.

If it's a MBR issue you might try this from a PC, but i've not used it myself before :

Darik's Boot And Nuke

• Thanks for the reply lads, but all seems to be working now i reflashed with usb latest vix image though it did fail the first time i tried to mount it then initialized and applied a mount so all is working well

• I have similar problem with my solo 2,it wont record or stop or rewind cte on hdd, butit will do so with usb.tried new hdd but same result any help please.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!