Help an idiot with cccam

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,493 times. The last Post () by StupidMonkey.

• Ok, my S11 in the man cave broke, so i bought a XP1000 from the site sponsors.

I'm a bit of a luddite but get most things sorted, and put my cccam.cfg file in var/etc and restarted the box.

Its not working, sure the file is right, its been suggested that i need to start.restart the cccam on the xp1000 - how do i do this?

Thank god the server didnt break now that my mate that set it up for me lives in Spain!

• Vix don't come with any softcams in the image

You may download an ipk to install with cccam

or install tspanel or linuxsat-support addons and install from there

• ok, this is turning into a bigger job than I thought.

Found those addons, and have FTP access to the box, but where do I put the IPK files/unzip ? I'be downloaded the addons now

Sorry for being so much of a noob, I've tried looking, but its of course so basic nobody has asked ... I can see where i can access the plugins on the box (cross epg etc already there) once there are in whichever directory

• this should help you bud : http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…installing-ipk-files.html
    read the whole thread although this isnt your box.....
    you can install ipk files in vix easy just plug in the usbstick with an ipk and it prompts you , or use dcc and send it that way..
    read this thread also :
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-install-ipk-files-3.html
    or this one :
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…k-files-installation.html
    in fact you should really read up on all sections that interest you and then try out ..
    It might seem daunting at first ,but after a while you will get the hang of everything ..

• hi stupidmonkey
    you said:

Its not working, sure the file is right, its been suggested that i need to start.restart the cccam on the xp1000 - how do i do this?

for my dreambox800HD SE i go in menu , then in blue panel menu , then in "CI-softcam " menu <======
    then i click on "start again"
    regards

• It would be much easier if you installed the Backup Image from this forum which already has ccam/mgcam/oscam and save yourself from the trouble

• It would be much easier if you installed the Backup Image from this forum which already has ccam/mgcam/oscam and save yourself from the trouble

That does sound easier, got the ipk of the ts thing and linuxsat support installed, and stuck and confused again would like to watch the F1 in the mancave tomorrow so can have a smoke while its on .....

Really do feel like a luddite....

• I have F1 channel!
    woo

Not sure was confused with the choice of ccam install options there but done that and it fired into life on the rest of my channels

This will make the house a happier place.

I'm sure there is much more i can do with this box but my god it was hard work getting to here for an idiot anyway...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!