VU+ Duo 2 DVB C/T Tuner Virgin Media help.

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 29,865 times. The last Post () by yogibear.

• Yes but there are settings that need to be in place and that is the bit I am yet to understand. Also the VU+Duo should have DVB-C tuner, some have double tuner DVB -S and DVB-C which makes them able to work both on Sly and Vir**in media.

• Official Post

Yes but there are settings that need to be in place and that is the bit I am yet to understand. Also the VU+Duo should have DVB-C tuner, some have double tuner DVB -S and DVB-C which makes them able to work both on Sly and Vir**in media.

The Duo has tuners soldered on motherboard, you must use a USB tuner.

The Duo 2 has plug and play tuners.

• Hi m8, I can confirm it is the same procedure you suggested on Tivo box, I followed it and got 19 pages of info, including netid and frequency..

I think its still the same procedure with tivo boxes to access the engineer menu but not 100% on that..the only virmin tivo box i have encountered was one that i dismantled to make use of the 1tb hdd for a friend... naughty boy that i am:)

• hi m8 question I must ask if you have vermin tivo box running normally, and you put a splitter in for Uno box
    will vermin not pick it up doing a line check ??

• Same problem here in Slovenia at "TELEMACH" DVB-C provider. I get 0 channles when scanning.
    Would this old "cable.xml" in .zip from year 2007 help me also ? How Exactly do I put in at Vu+ ?
    Where do I get newest "cable.xml" (for Telemach/Slovenia if possible:) ?

Will I be even able to watch scrambled TV chanells also ? What I need to do to receive it ?

I am still at original firmware. Will flash to BlackHole when program scanning is done and working
    on original firmware.

• Same problem here in Slovenia at "TELEMACH" DVB-C provider. I get 0 channles when scanning.
    Would this old "cable.xml" in .zip from year 2007 help me also ? How Exactly do I put in at Vu+ ?
    Where do I get newest "cable.xml" (for Telemach/Slovenia if possible:) ?

Will I be even able to watch scrambled TV chanells also ? What I need to do to receive it ?

I am still at original firmware. Will flash to BlackHole when program scanning is done and working
    on original firmware.

I have the same problem with Slovenian TELEMACH provider. DVB-C tuner didn't find any channels. Did you already solve the problem?

Thanks for help. Br, m

• So with a dvb-c tuner installed in a vu+ duo2 and set up as described in previous posts(with pics) does this just open VM FTA or more i.e.. HD and movies /sports etc?
    Just trying to establish if its worth adding the dvb-c tuner and running extra cable feed!

many thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone able to answer my question above please?

• i imagine if you have teh right frequencies/setup you should be able to recieve FTA channels..
    to open any ppv you need a sub card or a friend with one after installing the relevant emulator protocol

• just a quickie really....im thinking of getting a vu+ duo2 with 1 x sat and 1 x cable tuner.

I take it you can set both up on the same image and just switch between sat and cable without rebooting?

• just a quickie really....im thinking of getting a vu+ duo2 with 1 x sat and 1 x cable tuner.

I take it you can set both up on the same image and just switch between sat and cable without rebooting?

Yes

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

• Been through this thread, and it sounds like I've got whats needed.
    I've got a Vu+ Solo 4k with twin DVB-C/T/T2 tuner card. I'll connect the feed into the tuner port, via an f - TV cable.
    I've got an active card in a V+ hd box (spare in the back room). So transfer the card into the Solo 4k card slot 1.
    Is there a particular softcam that needs installing, or will oscam do the job? Or do I need a proper CAM in the CI slot (last time I looked I think it was Dragon)?

Cheers for any help

• Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and was wondering if someone could help me. I currently have VM broadband and have hooked up a VUSOLO SE+ box with cable and all in all it seems to work well. However whenever I use WIFI around the tv (i.e when wifi connects to phone/laptop) the SNR on the box fluctuates aggressively which causes a lot of scrambling. Has anyone experienced this before? is this down to the signal strength? I have one output from the wall and then a splitter which splits the signal to feed my router and tv.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

• I have one output from the wall and then a splitter which splits the signal to feed my router and tv.

I have the same setup, and must admit i have never had those issues.

if your router transmits 5ghz, then try and connect to that, as its a lot less busy on that frequency, as so much is on the 2.4ghz, most frequency on household stuff is on 2.4ghz, so try to get away from it. you should get a better/stronger signal on the 5ghz as well. not going to go into the tech reason, but advise you try it.

Hope it helps.

• Thanks for you response! I tried this last night and still no luck. I found that when there is anything "uploading" that's when the scrambling gets aggressive. Do you think there could a an issue with the box maybe? as when I re-connect my virgin I have no issues whatsoever...
    I'm also on vivid 200

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!