Jumping Ship

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 982 times. The last Post () by Donkeyface.

• At the moment i'm using the Alien2 and looking to upgrade to the Duo twin but wondered if its worth saving a bit more and getting the solo2??

I will be reading up on these when i get more than half hour but wanted to check with more knowledgeable VU owners!

I have yet to look at the images available for both these boxs but i'm assuming most images are generally very good!

Any advice would be a great help.

Many Thanks

• If your budget will allow then I would go for the solo2 buddy, believe you me you will not be disappointed... especially coming from a alien2 box lol

The images for both these boxes are all very good with ViX & Blackhole being the more popular of all that are available.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Edited once, last by mckee25 ().

• Deffo Solo2 m8, even if it means a little wait to save the extra ca$h..
    The Duo1 is a great box and is rock solid for TV & CS but with all the latest plugins etc, it can struggle with its hardware.
    I have both & load up my solo2 with all sorts and it never fails me..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I have a solo2 and is a cracking piece of kit.
    One problem is lack of blindscan.
    If thats important, an uno twin tuner is your man.
    Great receiver also.
    Bought one for my brother, who lives in a hole and can't receive saorview, so has to use saorsat on 9deg east.
    Solo2 couldn't pull it in. Uno had no problem with it.

• Thanks for all the replies.
    Looks like i have got a bit more saving to do! :16_002:

The cheapest i have found the solo2 is via the forum sponsor, happy days.

Thanks Again

• Thanks for all the replies.
    Looks like i have got a bit more saving to do! :16_002:

The cheapest i have found the solo2 is via the forum sponsor, happy days.

Thanks Again

Thats probably a good think as if you are getting it purley for sly uk , by the time you save a bit more , more should be known as to whats going on with this provider as everyone is going very quiet on recent issues so it isolated or happening fast and furious as no one likes to announce a lost of a card

• Hi
    The only problem with the solo2 I have found to date is the lack of blind scan. To get the best out of the tuner you need a modern Lnb, my old Lnb about 10 years old (but still brings in the weaker sats) was not able to find some channels on the frequencies listed, a new lnb solved it.
    Keith

• Thats probably a good think as if you are getting it purley for sly uk , by the time you save a bit more , more should be known as to whats going on with this provider as everyone is going very quiet on recent issues so it isolated or happening fast and furious as no one likes to announce a lost of a card

I did wonder about this!!
    I think saving for the next 2 months is good, as you said more info will be known by then we hope!!

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!