port forward/ static IP

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,188 times. The last Post () by alamski.

• Hi,
    Now I have got to grips with some of my DM800 I thought I wold try some extra features and try to link into some peers.

I have read the tutorials but I'm lost again!
    I have set up a no-ip account and I was looking at openiong a port on my router. Do I need to make the dm800 a static ip?
    I have made one of my computers static and tried to open port 17000 (dont know why this port!) but when I test it I can not seem to get it open.
    Do I need to make all the computers static as well as the dm800?

I hope this makes sense!

• Hi, u need only to set static IP to ur DM, Then u hve to open a port on your router and assign to your DM (Local IP address).

Note: (The port u open it in your router must b the same port on ur cccam.cfg or oscam.conf)

Regards

Shata

• OK how do I make the IP static on my DM?
    Ive noticed my DM ip does change fro time to time

on your network set-up....use DHCP if is set on yes..put on no and assign the IP you want 192.168.1.2 change last number you got now 2 0r 3 whatever you wand save and exit

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• paul1777 .without sounding rude ,but you really should read up a little more ,,in fact ,never stop reading ,its the key to success..
    look at this post for example: http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…ine-see-if-port-open.html
    or this one : http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…how-check-open-ports.html
    everything( or just about ) you need has already been posted ,its just a question of looking for it...
    start with the "stickies" in each section ,then the particular posts,,,,
    I hope you dont take this as a criticism, but some friendly advice..
    caz

• To be fair mate, I have done nothing but read the stickies all day and try and sort this out. I have followed the advice from portforward.com for my router and it still is not working. I wondered if there was a scanner just for the dreambox as that is the only piece of equipment that is attached to the router that now has a static ip. I did not know if the port scanners would not work (since I have not done this before) with my computer that has a dynamic ip.
    Im just trying to learn as much as I can and sometimes you get so confused you have to ask an expert!

• I agree with you about it being confusing at first,but believe me theres nothing like personal experience to try out and learn ,mainly through errors..
    personally i wouldnt recommend no-ip ..seems to give more hassle than dyndns,but thats a personal choice(others would probably disagree).. ,
    your router is dynamic but on your internal net (intranet) would be similar to 192.168.1.1 ,your pc is internally fixed on an internal 192.168.1.X..... your dm should be on an internal 192.168.1.+2 up from/to your pc........( these 192s are just examples)
    whichever ip you assign to the DM ,you should see it in your network card in dm + also in DCC to connect..
    when you open a listen to port : for example 17000 in your router assigned to the IP of the dm ,
    then in your cccam.cfg ,you should have LISTEN TO PORT: 17000 also...
    to be a client you dont need any port open ,but to be a server you do..
    take a slow read of this : http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…nes-clines-beginners.html
    hope it doesnt confuse you even more ;)

• I have assigned ports 17000-18000 to my DM, but when I use the tools to see if the port is open, I keep on getting the responce that the port is closed.
    I have set the dm as a static ip 192.168.1.50 and when I look at the DM in my router config it says static. I just can not seem to get the port to open.
    My router it speedtouch 585

• in the Cccam.cfg ( I presume you are using CCcam) you should see this: #SERVER LISTEN PORT : 17000
    eliminate the # in front of it
    ¿ why have you opened 2 ports? when CCcam only needs 1 ??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!