sat not moving

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,372 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Thanks guy's
    I installed this myself 3 days ago having a few teething problems, i'm not just getting the alignment 100% i'm getting 3 sats on the motor, i know it's not right as i can't find 28.2.
    Thats the least of my worries the motor seem's to be taking notions as when to work, I checked the connections on the motor and diconnected both cables. I connected the cable from the dreambox (green light on motor) when i connected the lnb cable the power dies . its like the lnb is shorting out the motor. Rebooting dosn't help i'm out of ideas.

• try doing it the opposite way--first ensure good tight connection from the motor to LNB then motor to box(make sure the box is off when doing all of this..then reboot box ..if you have a channel list in the box you shouldn´t have much trouble finding 28.2º if not by usals then manually search( east to west)

• You say the power dies when you connect the cable between the rotor and the lnb. Remove the cable - does the dish move when you select different satellites? If it does then connect this cable back again BUT only at the rotor end, does the dish still move?
    If the dish moves with the cable completely disconnected then it's either the cable or lnb at fault. If the dish moves with the cable only connected to the rotor then it looks like an lnb problem, if the dish doesn't move then it looks like a cable fault. Check carefully that the outer braid is not making contact with the center conductor, even a single strand of braid can cause a problem. Substituting the lnb is the only way to check this out.
    Hope you get sorted soon.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!