Andalucia channel check

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,131 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys,

Could someone in the general area of Southern Spain please help? How many channels (approximately) should my sister receive on 28.2°E with a scan using a 1.3m dish?

TIA

Mac

1m Motorised dish. ET5x00, DM800HD, TM600

• hi
    installing uk sat in murcia its still ok with a 1,35 dish
    but downwards south is nearly all gone since the sat change 3 weeks ago
    no bbc, itv, chanel4 5 etc just *** news and true movies left......
    paychannels like sports, movies etc good reception all over spain
    atb el pirate

• Thanks for that m8. Where I am, (East Scotland), I pick up 960 services on 28.2°E, but my sister only sees just over 700. I'm trying to find out if this is caused by their system or the moving and closing of transponders. It does seem a very big drop. I wondered if the recent winds and/or a very long cable run has affected their signal.

• The red bands are the dips in signal (lowest signal), outside these are lighter dips where the signal can vary.
    Example dated : 28.03.2014
    frequency : 10773H
    Barcelona cannot capture at 1.85cms ( real )
    Madrid captures at 93x 96cms ( real )
    My own experience with 120cms motorised is signal varies from 23% daylight -43% night time depending on weather on the coast of Northern Spain.

• Thanks for the input lads. I've been trying alternatives like IPTV and TSmedia for them, but channels like BBC1 keep dropping out after a few minutes, although it's good here. I have a feeling that Telefo***a has something to do with this. They don't use them as ISP, but I think they own the line. If anyone has a reliable alternative for my Sis and bro-in-law to watch BBC & ITV, please let me know.

Mac

• Thanks for the input lads. I've been trying alternatives like IPTV and TSmedia for them, but channels like BBC1 keep dropping out after a few minutes, although it's good here. I have a feeling that Telefo***a has something to do with this. They don't use them as ISP, but I think they own the line. If anyone has a reliable alternative for my Sis and bro-in-law to watch BBC & ITV, please let me know.

Mac

Your sibling is going to struggle big time on the costa for channels on astra 2e macsporran...spot beams active now and thats why they are loosing channels in the coast of the sun:)..also....looking at the footprint i would even dought that a 2.4 andrews would help so i would suggest looking at alternatives on 10 east/and or 27.5 west.

Ps telefonica will have **** broadband...dought it would be good for streaming at the best of times....

MK

Edited once, last by Mee®kat ().

• 10°E is a great idea, but, unfortunately, they have a fixed dish, and would lose too many channels on 28.2°E. I had a look at the 10°E footprint, and it looks like they would get quite a good signal, unlike me, in Scotland!

They have a steady 5meg down speed and .3 up. They seem to be able to stream movies well, but not the UK basic channels. Being X-pats, they like these basic channels, so I think I will suggest a motor. Obviously, that would give them a whole new perspective.

Mac

• I´ve just tested 10º E here on the northern coast of Spain getting a 55% signal fluctuating..
    Seems an i***** card is needed so not opening for me..
    BBC1- BBC1 delay ,, etc..
    forget 27ºw
    here´s something that might be of use for them... BBCi Player

• You need to stop compairing uk and spanish signals mate/// and i realize they have a fixed dish as i used to fit dishes in that area lolz.

And going down the motor route will cost your sister a fortune so forget that...my recommendation was based on your sister wanting live bbc channels so i was suggesting a seperate dish that is then used via diseqc or on a twin tuner box.

I´ve just tested 10º E here on the northern coast of Spain getting a 55% signal fluctuating..
    forget 27ºw
    here´s something that might be of use for them... BBCi Player

I,m afraid not everything is free in this world cazuela and thats the reason you have a black screen in your testing...what did you expect? keys were available before in cryptoworks but providers change things dont they.

BFBS has a subscription base and its what most people will have to do now if they want what macsporrans sibling wants...bbci player is for catchup cazuela...an option of course but BFBS will be available via cs....and thats what we do here is it not?

MK

• or simply a bit of filmon xbmc.......... works on 1 mega here...... on a vu+solo box...for example

• Thanks again lads, for all the feedback. I must say that, if it wasn't for the insular and xenophobic attitude of the UK government about an outdated antiquated tax, the license fee, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Please forgive the rant!

Mac

• Hi, i am in a similar position to macsporran. since the changes I have lost all signals. I have been informed I may need a dish size of 2.4 mts. We live in Spain,Caspe. I have been looking into 27.5 west I have sorted a STb icecrypt 3200hd to work on this SAt. I had no idea 10 east was an option.

Which from the 2 options would you recommend and why? I used to have BFBS when I served in the Army over in Germany. just before I left they changed it to an encrypted system requiring cards.

• Hi, I am suffering the same problem. I have lost all signal UK FTA signals. I have researched 27.5 west but was not aware of 10 east. I am based in Caspe Spain.
    of the 2 which would you recommend and why? I am in the process of purchasing a icecrypt 3200 hd for 27.5 west but have put it on hold in case you guys advise different. Any solutions appreciated. I have been without TV for over 5 weeks and it is not nice.

I,m afraid not everything is free in this world cazuela and thats the reason you have a black screen in your testing...what did you expect? keys were available before in cryptoworks but providers change things dont they.

keys are not necessary for astra 28.xºE and never have been.
    I never suggested it would be same for other sats buddy, merely pointing it out to macsporran..

• I´ve just tested 10º E here on the northern coast of Spain getting a 55% signal fluctuating..
    forget 27ºw]

Do you think that I would receive this in the Caspe,Spain. I have a 1 metre dish. which of the 2 do you think I should opt for you state forget 27 west why?

• I have a setup down there and a 1.5m dish for 28.2 , asfar as i am aware alluk beam frequencies have 0 reception even with massive dishes!

I am going to do some testing in may so will report back , noticed this tho on KOS :

28.2°E Astra 2E 10818.00 V 48 Europe DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6 , its on the euro beam but has BBC channels on unless its a mistake?

28.2°E Astra 2A 12480.00 V 40 Astra 2A North DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3 , astra 2a has channel 4 ireleand (although youll need a share)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!