OpenPli 20.3. 2014 spark 7162

There are 206 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 60,154 times. The last Post () by sannyray.

• I've replaced the dropbox files with the ones from my usb key, see if it works now

I flashed this same image on two other boxes earlier, so that's a total of 5 boxes I've flashed it on without any difficulty. Connect your regular Usb drive to the rear Usb and at the same time flash this from Usb key from the front slot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Pog22 ().

• Closer! Now seems to boot into Enigma and BBC1 shown on front screen. No picture though? I'm using HDMI cable but nothing shows on my tv screen at all. Suspect a display setting issue but cant see menus so cant correct:-(

• Closer! Now seems to boot into Enigma and BBC1 shown on front screen. No picture though? I'm using HDMI cable but nothing shows on my tv screen at all. Suspect a display setting issue but cant see menus so cant correct:-(

Yeah got there in the end and managed to set AV to a setting that showed on my TV. Thanks to POG22. Now to play with my new image!

• When you first install my image do a full satellite scan with clear before scan enabled so the list of channels were created by the box itself, I somehow find it better, it's the first thing I do after installing an image.

Edited once, last by Pog22 ().

• have question, does CrossEPG need ext3 harddrive mounted to wrk ? how does it work ? does it read typical terrestrial channels or is it _only_ use wats included in the CrossEPG setup.... scripts etc

• Yes, you will need a drive attached for CrossEpg or else it will save to internal flash and cause the box to glitch/crash. CrossEpg is just for satellite as it only gives now and next Epg, terrestrial doesn't need it as it has 7 day Epg

• Yes, you will need a drive attached for CrossEpg or else it will save to internal flash and cause the box to glitch/crash. CrossEpg is just for satellite as it only gives now and next Epg, terrestrial doesn't need it as it has 7 day Epg

yeah that's what I thought, wondered why some EPG settings were disabled in this image I tried, CrossEPG is in it aswell that's why I thought maybe I was missing something.
    It's ok I enabled the EPG settings in setup and vwala the EPG came up in channellist on Terrestrial. I wish there was some way to update satellites.xml or do a blind scan in enigma2, cos I get a lot of live feeds in OZ sport etc
    they're always changing and rarely on lyngsat. BUT saying that usually the biss info is never available so until you get that finding the TP is useless..
    CrossEPG is completely useless in OZ as the optus AURORA channels have ceased Feb 2014. It is now changed to VAST. VAST signals locked to the VAST boxes which have no emu,cam's software or CrossEPG etc.

• stupid question lads.
    Is it possible to mount and record on NTFS hard drive or it's needs to be formatted in ext3?

P.S integrated image hdd initialization function is not working box just freezes

• Sadly hard drive needs to be formatted to Ext3 or Ext4 to work. NTFS or even Fat wont work for recording. I also think you are right about a problem with the HDD initialisation, I tried a few times but ultimately ended up formatting the disk using a free application called MiniTool Partition Wizard on my laptop. That aside generally a very good and stable image.

• Sadly hard drive needs to be formatted to Ext3 or Ext4 to work. NTFS or even Fat wont work for recording. I also think you are right about a problem with the HDD initialisation, I tried a few times but ultimately ended up formatting the disk using a free application called MiniTool Partition Wizard on my laptop. That aside generally a very good and stable image.

HDD initialise does work but takes a while and you can't turn the box off during the process. Then it only makes 1 partition /dev/sda1
    after doing this however I've noticed the drive works perfectly on the spark firmware side (record functions everything) using ext3. so now I can use it in both enigma2 and spark w/out formatting ever again
    my next effort would be to try and use the -L (label) command with the -L RECORD function just to see if it will also work with HDMU cos sometimes I like to demo the latest 10000 beta images they release
    btw is there a samba I can use with your image martinxp .. i think I have installed a samba 1.0 with this image before but now I can't find it
    thanks

• Use the tune2fs command if you just want to (re)label the partition:
    tune2fs -L RECORD /dev/sdxy

where RECORD is the label and sdxy is the partition you wish to label (usually sda1 but can be found with fdisk -l command).

• Use the tune2fs command if you just want to (re)label the partition:
    tune2fs -L RECORD /dev/sdxy

where RECORD is the label and sdxy is the partition you wish to label (usually sda1 but can be found with fdisk -l command).

thanks, saves me searching for this command again, if this works i will never need format again, every image will work using ext3 on 1 partition /dev/sda1
    I tried before 2 partition with a 1gb swap partition. Anyone know if its really pointless using swap partition or any swap for that matter on these silly STB's, I have noticed maybe telnet log's in and the shell works more efficiently perhaps.
    but no major difference in speed or performance, it seems pointless

• You edit your cline details into the oscam.server file in /var/keys and then start oscam in the alternative softcam manager

• hello guys

im very new here so pleas be a little gentle ... this is possibly wrong place to ask .... i have just down loaded the least pog image

the question is how do i get it on my box ..alien 2+ ... i can boot into spark but when i boot into engima any menu is just a black box so help would be greatly appreciated

i do have ftp access to the box tho
    thanks

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!