SlyUK Anti-CS measures switching off HD Channels

There are 586 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 94,270 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• and a partridge in a pear tree.....

• But with the stats on amount of SD only subs still for *** I think this year may be pushing it

Well as they say "slowly slowly catch they monkey", it goes back to last year when I changed my mothers old white sly box because it rolled over and died. The women from sly said the will be no charge because they are changing all boxes to HD. And as I said they are changing all to HD to combat cs. Let's see what happens but as my source said " cs will be a thing of the past" hahaha heard that one before.

• Thet dont work paired to any hd box not just thomson even a drx card that never went back in the drx to be paired has the issue hence no one has hd working yet someone just lost them yesterday ???impossible as the encryption in the broadcast changes instantly , box must have been off a few weeks as everyone is effected at the same time , all related to the new firmware ,all hd channels effected are either 85 or 99 hex with different encryption

sorry i wasnt clear my point was the thomson box is unable to receive the new firmware and if your card is paired to that(which mine is ) Hd was working. My card is still paired with entitlements to the Thompson til next month so have they found a way to stop the Thompson trick?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Sly could easily supply a cheap SD box that uses their new firmware and give these out to SD customers. It's also in their interest to do so as then they'll be able to use mpeg4 and mheg5 which saves lots of bandwidth and brings many new features

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• sorry i wasnt clear my point was the thomson box is unable to receive the new firmware and if your card is paired to that(which mine is ) Hd was working. My card is still paired with entitlements to the Thompson til next month so have they found a way to stop the Thompson trick?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

That's news mate a AFAIK even cards paired to Thomson were losing HD.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• If you can't work out now what sly are doing let me tell you. All SD Channels will go soon aswell they are going HD only, that's why they are knocking one by one channels off " testing the water for cs to see what happens" also they only do HD boxes was told by a very good source sly will be HD only channels by the end of the year they where hoping for the end of last year.

I think your very good source is telling you porky pies m8.there are prob over 3 million sd subs out there so that's 3 million new hd boxes in less than 6 months don't think so.how much do you think it cost for a sly box? £50 3 million x 50 + shipping + cost in staff.

• Lots of irrelevant comments now by people not bothered to read all 51 pages and also the scaremongering is creeping in again.
    From what I understand Sly Italy Hd cant be shared for quite a while now and sd remains on cs so if it was simple to apply anti cs measures to sd there then why have they not already done so?
    As already said sit back and enjoy what is available.

Id love to know the effect this is having on sales of enigma2 receivers and the likes of the Vu+. In the future i can see the price gap between original and clones narrowing.

• well said thatfellow, there are channels on the *** platform that while they share the same encryption its administered seperately from s**
    channels like btsport hd 1+ 2 & boxnation hd, assuming that s** will be all hd in short time doesn't make sense,

i believe ther will be a new box with hardware to fix this soon but it may need another box thats alot of money for the first 1s lol

Im afraid its not that simple m8, unless someone publicly releases a crack for vide0guard which would be pointless as it would be upgraded overnight.
    Its not the hardware specification of current box's that's the problem here, its the new encryption & processing of the CW.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• its not that bad just hd only for now still a good hobby and there is other satellites, only sad for pay servers but they made this happen with greed

"only sad for pay servers"
    what a very strange statement !
    Paid servers killing our cs hobby
    steal cards pretending to be a hobbyist and make money from the hobbyist cards
    scum I hope they all get locked up!
    rant over

• read on another board,

• Looks like its just moved to another frequency to me as there is no PID or SID info there.

Don't you just hate it when somebody beats you to it :bello:

Nano

• I cant wait til its all gone me like .. then back to the hobbist and the greedy ones fooked ... not only the payservers but the ones that can afford *** easily aswell ... but are that greedy and tight ..they rather cross to this side . plenty of them about belive me ..

cant wait . just my view.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!