help needed signal on hotbird and astra 19.2 and 28.2 if possible

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,182 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• so i hd my dish on the ground and i was able to get hotbird and astra 19.2 a ,but things happend so i had it to on the roof same position as it was on the ground i just moved the dish up. Now i get no signal at all r anyone i am located north west London Harrow

so anyone knows a good android app that can help me .I HAD my right there where you se the red line. and i was getting hotbird and 19.2 just fine .cab3a5b2259eb2c.jpgcab3a5b2259eb2c.jpg

now i lost both hotbird and astra any idea what im doing wrong

• Can you not get whoever installed the dish initially back to re align it again for you ?

Its not like with a terrestrial aerial where you just need to be within a few degrees to the left and right of the transmitter.
    You need the dish to hit the satellites within a fraction of a degree both east and west and also the the angle of inclination up into the s k y, as you are aiming the dish towards a satellite positioned at over 22,000 miles above the equator.
    Any app that you have heard of being able to use to help set up a dish is only a rough guide to help point you towards the postion the satellite would be at if it was on the ground so will do no more than a compass will do. It will not align the dish for you.

Edited once, last by sandra ().

• Hi mate, i understand your question but your pictures are not very good... from what i have read and to what i can see you have moved your dish to a higher location for whatever reason but it also looks like you have moved the location to the right= that is (standing behind the dish) so make sure your (LOS) has not been affected with that change....also as stated your elavation will change if you move your dish to different bracketry...what on earth is that you have bolted the dish to?

• get yourself to maplins, get a cheap sat meter, and start again.

i got round to doing my motorised today after moving it.

i way i did mine was to,

face the dish roughly south, after i set the motor to 0 on my receiver.

selected a channel on 13e then connected my sat finder and tuned the channel.

moved the dish to 19 then 23.5 then 28.2

had a signal on all the sats. was just a case of fine tuning then.if you have iphone i used an app thats free called dish align. select the sat you want to find and it will give you a good line (via google maps) that you can use as reference)

worked great for me.

best of luck buddy. patience is the key.

• That may confuse him Brendan as he hasn't got a motorised setup, he has two LNBs so that makes it a little harder as he has to work out which LNB is for which satellite and try and line it up with that one first.

Its hard to see in those pics but it looks like the right hand one of the two LNBs, when looking at the face of the dish, is in line with the arm and the other LNB is offset to the left or west.

So if you are doing it by yourself I would try and align the dish with Astra 19.2east first, thats the right hand LNB when looking at the face of the dish, then see if you can also get 13 east, you may have to compromise a little and get a slightly weaker signal than the strongest possible as you may have to trade one off against the other to get them both working satisfactorily.

I think with a two LNB setup and not knowing that much about it, you will probably struggle to get both satelittes. A single one is quite easy to get, even for a first timer, so maybe you should think which one you want to watch most, in case you cant get both locked on, then at least you can watch one of them until you can find someone to help you get them both locked on.

Unfortunately I live about 200 miles north of you so can't pop round to give you a hand but maybe someone may see this thread who lives nearby :)

• Official Post

The apps on phone to cosider are: Enigma Signal Meter, Dreamdroid & VU+ Player also have signal meter applets.

If you wnat to get all three, best to focus on 19.2 east. Sometimes, it can get confusing as to which lnb is which. Pictures added to aid understanding if required.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!