How do you install a USB Tuner?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,505 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I've got a Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home USB Tuner Cable / Terrestrial HD (DVB-C/T/T2). I want to use it to watch Freeview channels. I've installed the Sundtek Control Centre Plugin & Driver and the Freeview tuner shows as a tuner under Tuner Configuration.

What do I do now. I'm familiar with Freesat but I've no idea what I'm supposed to do next to get the latest freeview channels downloaded and updated daily?

I was told this but I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do?:

If you want to schedule a recording on a DTT channel from EPG, you will have to navigate to it.

Treat DTT as if it was another satellite.

Normally DTT channels send your schedule, if you spend / 1 minute tune the channel with an automatic program that runs every day, you will have the similar satellite EPG for schedules, it is very comfortable.

• Just scan for channels on that tuner now and it should pick up your freeview channels.
    Make sure you don't allow it to clear your other tuners before scan as you may loose your satellite channels.
    When they are found, they will be put in "all channels", "dvb-t services" or "recently scanned channels" (depending on image).
    The epg content should auto update by selecting a channel then (it does on saorview anyway)

• If thats where you are the nthat is correct.
    Configure ation mode . enabled
    enable 5v for active antenna: NO
    then go to AUTOMATIC SCAN:
    clear before scab ;:no
    scan tuner( sat/cable or any other) no
    scan tuner dvb-t : yes
    let it scan and waituntil you can read All done..
    then FULL RESTART of the box...
    when you press channel lists then satellites you will see the terrestrial channels scanned at top of the list.

• OK thanks. The same freeview channels are showing under Satellites > Terrestrial Services OR Terrestrial Providers OR Terrestrial New. Also Provider > Unknown. The channels display fine however the programme names are gibberish. Do I need to download EPG data? How do I do that?

OK thanks. The same freeview channels are showing under Satellites > Terrestrial Services OR Terrestrial Providers OR Terrestrial New

Probably show up under all those alright.
    Shouldn't need to download epg data (dunno who provides it tbh)
    Try restarting the receiver and select a channel, then hit the epg button. Should come up (they do load on saorview anyway, dunno about freeview.)

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

You won't get multiple instances of channels on terrestrial.
    Just to add to above...
    This is because SID and ONID are the same across all the frequencies.

Very true, never happened on my vu, only ever remember encountering it on my non linux ariva when doing a blind scan.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!