on demand plugin - No episodes found BBC iPlayer Plugin

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,021 times. The last Post () by chhertz.

• Had to reinstall openpli 4.0 on my dm800se, but can't get ondemand working.

I've tried several versions and have all the required dependencies installed but every category in the iplayer plugin gives the same message:
    "No Episodes Found for BBC IPlayer: Listings for xxxxxxxxx" where xxxxxxxx is the category.

Just checked ITV player and that is working.

Anyone got an idea why iplayer isn't ?

ta.

• could be just a simple change in the BBC site like it was the last time, im sure there will be some sort of 'announcement' soon enough from the usual sources ;)

• its working just ok. i suggest you get openvix image and download ondemand from the feed

just checked and yes bbc is down lol

• BBC is now using the new Nitro API

Things change and move on.

Another back door closes,like the 4OD back door.

Change is not always for the best in my view.

The new API now requires a development key,which at the moment they are only giving out to BBC employees and officially credited iplayer plugin writters.But they do state that this key, in time, will become public.

if it does then new python code will have to be written to all enigma2 BBC iplayer plugins,similar to the code used in the TMDb plugin,as this also uses a public API key.

Never say never,but personally though, I doubt anyone will bother,certainly not the OE Alliance,even if they were able,so effectively you all can now consider the BBC Iplayer gone for ever on all public plugins for Enigma2 boxes.

Ian.

Edited 12 times, last by ian1095 ().

• The BBC dont want third party applications such as OnDemand, XBMC, Get-Iplayer etc etc, working with their feeds and if it affects you, tough titty. (Their opinion not mine).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• As stated above the BBC have changed the way the iplayer streams work resulting in the loss of pretty much all unlicensed versions. There are reports of it being fixed for the XBMC (KODI) platform but for the time being it won't be fixed in the OnDemand player for the enigma2 platform.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!