strange issue ?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,631 times. The last Post () by billy thekid.

• hi guys - ive got a vu+ultimo with latest BH image..ive noticed this odd thing thats happened about 3 or 4 times so far, when watching any channel, i noticed that the channel would change suddenly volume would be a lot loder and ill be suddnly watching the making of or behinds the scenes of some new film that is being made, the other day they were showing the making of the new vim diesel film, i remember last time it was some harry potter movie....i cant change any channel the only way to get back to what i was watching is to to cycle through the source button on my samsung tv...have i got something enabled ?..anything to do with anynet HDI-CEC on my tv or box?....

• Sounds like it is switching source to another device connected to your tv.
    Could well be a hdmi-cec enabled device
    Samsung call this Anynet+ (i think)
    Here's an explanation of what hdmi-cec is:

CEC stands for Consumer Electronics Control. Essentially HDMI-CEC-enabled gear, when connected by an HDMI cable, can be controlled through one remote without any programming or setup required. It is an optional part of the HDMI specification. Up to 10 connected devices, including the display, can be controlled via HDMI. CEC is a two-way communication system in which a device sends back an acknowledgement that it received a command, assuring that devices are in their proper state.
    In Philips we market the HDMI-CEC feature under the name ‘EasyLink’. HDMI-CEC is an industry standard supported by many brands, under various proprietary names.

You could try disabling it in your image, i think it is in the plugins menu, or set it up for your vu remote to control your tv remote or vica versa.
    It could also be a samsung app that someone has downloaded to their phone/tablet which lets them use it as a remote. Disconnecting your tv from the internet may solve it but you will loose your smart tv functionality if you do.
    What else is connected to your tv?

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• nothing is connected to my samsung smart tv, only the vu+ultimo....hdmi-cec is needed as i cant disable it, because i dont fancy using tv remote and ultimo remote, i just simply put ultimo in standby by using ultmimo remote, which also puts the tv in stanby as well....

• Your vu ultimo remote can also function as a universal remote.
    You could disable the hdmi-cec and programme your vu remote to control your tv on/off , source input and volume(all the essential stuff really)
    Taken from the ultimo manual: (samsung code 2448)

nothing is connected to my samsung smart tv, only the vu+ultimo

Wrong buddy,,, wherever you are getting your server from these days is connected to it also ....
    Apart from that - there might be an audio option of what was known as " hotel mode"
    meaning the likes of tv ads are Highlighted ,etc.. so check your tv settings..

• I agree with cazuela, you've got a demo mode setup on your tv. I had that problem when they came to change a hdmi port on my tv and the automatic seeing for the tv was demo mode and it kept on coming with the 4k demo that was built in.

Doesn't even need to be connected to the Internet for the demo mode to come on, it's set to come on after a certain period of time.

Deffinately what's causing the problem here

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!