[TUTORIAL] Configuring TVHeadend For 28.2e

There are 77 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 23,396 times. The last Post () by amiralii.

• Well COYS :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• i'm still not getting anywhere with this tvheadend.

i'm having trouble with andriod and wetheater, so thought i'd give openelec another try, i'm really at a loss as to know why i'm having all these problems i can't believe i'm that much of a dunce.

anyways reading thro this thread i see a post by gerrykiddy was having similar problems he solved his by changing to tuner 2 so i've tried changing mine it made absolutely no difference, i still cant get past the Muxies option it just keeps showing when completed IDLE FAIL so i have no or very few channels in the bouquets and even those that are are not named.

i'm 100% sure i've got the settings setup correctly.....................but then again lol

can someone please give me some pointers as to where i'm going wrong

thanks & regards: canthackit

• Hi all,
    I have been struggling with my Wetek play for over a week now. Have tried OpenELEC versions 5.0.8 and 5.9.5 installed to NAND. Initially I got most of the channels but lots of buffering and stuttering.
    But after reinstalling several times the buffer/stutter is fixed but I now I have loads of missing channels. I followed the tutorial exactly but still could not understand why I do not get basic channels like Channel 4, Channel 5 and many others .
    I then read this full thread and see that I also get loads of FAIL in the Scan Result column. Does this mean perhaps my tuner is knackered?

canthackit - did you manage to resolve this problem for your setup?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am about to send this Wetek box back if I cant fix it by Sunday evening - I have lost way too much time on it!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,
    I have been struggling with my Wetek play for over a week now. Have tried OpenELEC versions 5.0.8 and 5.9.5 installed to NAND. Initially I got most of the channels but lots of buffering and stuttering.
    But after reinstalling several times the buffer/stutter is fixed but I now I have loads of missing channels. I followed the tutorial exactly but still could not understand why I do not get basic channels like Channel 4, Channel 5 and many others .
    I then read this full thread and see that I also get loads of FAIL in the Scan Result column. Does this mean perhaps my tuner is knackered?

canthackit - did you manage to resolve this problem for your setup?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am about to send this Wetek box back if I cant fix it by Sunday evening - I have lost way too much time on it!

Looks like one of the tuners is faulty.
    If I disable one of them and force scan I get (al)most all channels!

• harryw66
    seems like your tuner is not OK, however, could you be more specific about your configuration?
    Reading your post it seems you have both tuners connected to the same network, so I assume you have a dual LNB setup. In this case if one tuner is indeed broken/faulty you will get a 50/50 chance or less to successfully scan the network, the same would happen if the input to tuner 2 is not OK.

I would suggest to check the working input on both tuners individually.

• hello mate
    still getting the buffering badly.
    but to overcome the "FAILED" problem.
    this is all i did if you havn't got it download the E22TVH transfer tool.
    on openelec then go system>tv>general then disable tv>and then reset PVR database, it will reboot.
    then enable the TV option.
    then on tvheadend when you get to the Muxes stage, open E22TVH i use Catseyes either that or Rats settings.
    then its straight forward open the lamedb file and send to the wetek

that should then solve your Muxes problem.

i hope this is helpfull and i'm not trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.

regards: canthackit

• Hey Guys

I have followed this excellent guide but i keep getting fails in the Muxes Scan - I have only configured one Adapter as i am only using single source, I know this is one correct one as when i go to Status the signal Strength is 83%

So 2 things i have notices when i select 28.8 as my predefined Muxes it vanishes, I have done a full reset on Kodi/Openelec and it does it the 2nd time round.

If i go into EPG i only get Austria/Czek and the likes but no UK ones - Having previously run Dreamboxes and VU+ i kind of know my way about everything but any ideas on this would be excellent

• Do you have an equivalent guide for multiblock? I have Diseqc 1.0 with 13,19.2 and 28.2e

- - - Updated - - -

It's me again, I worked it out and also found some problems with mux which I resolved as found that although I thought I did, the pre-defined muxes are not getting saved, I may repeat again.
    There is one question, do I neew to have oscam in place before scanning or is something I can take care of later?
    I know that on my other decoder there is no need as channels would be scanned and saved anyway regardless.

• I followed this excellent guide which worked perfectly. However the following day when I turned on the box I had two of every channel like it has done a scan again and duplicated the results. This has happened a few times. Is there something I should enable/disable to stop this?

• I've just followed this excellent guide, and everything worked. However when going to the Wetek I have no Live TV icon on the Confluence home screen, the PVR Service within System Info is greyed out, if I change to Aeon Nox and select LIVE TV from the home screen I get a warning "No PVR Clients have been started yet".

All that was needed was a reboot of the box and it started working as expected.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

However I am now stuck as, with no experience at all in this area, I have no idea about setting up OSCAM and inputting any server or line details.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

• does anyone know why im only finding 260 services in 28.2,when im sure there should be alot more

If you are using wetek play box, I will suggest to contact their support team to check your tuner.

I had exactly same problem as you, wetek box with openelec on MicroSD

I have dual sat feed to the box but can only find about 160 channels on 28.2e.
    One tuner wasn't working hence unable to pull in all the channels

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!