DM800 hd clone error

There are 62 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,170 times. The last Post () by LandUzu.

• Hi guys n gals,

I have an error appearing on my dm800 clone that says the following:*ERR: NO SIM2xx FOUND

I cannot seem to do anything from here........please help!! ;(

• Have you tried taking the sim out, giving it a wipe and putting it back?

i haved tried to remove the sim but cannot seem to get it past the side of the case to fully extract it.
    Also i do not have a sticker on the bottom saying SIM2, I dont have anything on the bottom apart from a dream sticker and a sticker with dm800 hd on it withy the boxes MAC address.

how do i tell what i havew either with the sim card or even the box? im at a loss because i dont know where im starting from... :(

• i can now enter DHCP mode and can access the DB from internet explorer to flash an image, but what do i flash? and in what order please?

I want to flash the box with some reliable user friendly software to use with some online servers ;)

please help as best you can.

• There are 2 small plastic clips that will remove the complete front panel, carefully detach the cables connecting it you can then remove & examine the sim. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that reply. I am willing to do just what you say,- will someone be able to maybe identify the sim if i take a pic or two of it?

as my previous post says, i am now able to access DHCP mode now. I have now reflashed a #72 .nfi, but when i reboot the box as normal mode, the remote wont respond and i cant get past the display output screen. I have not flashe ANYTHING else mind, so please advise what i need to do next. :)

thanks again

• i know my bootloader version is 72, but what di i do now? i have tried nabilosat BH 12, (that is the only thing i flashed, is that all thats neccessary) but when i boot the box normally after that, the box wont respond to the remote whatsoever. ??? any ideas?

PS i have now removed front of box and cleaned the sim thoroughly. Its now back together. i took pics of my sim card also.

• The image loaded just as it did before on nabilosat, but yet again when i get to the screen that asks me to select Video Input Selection- The remote fails to work the box at all.

It is the same page i always seem to get to and then i cannot continue any further because of the remote. I have checked the IR on the remote by pointing my mobile phone camera at it and its definatley flashing.

What does this mean regarding my SIM type as i have been in this boat before with a SIM 2 .nfi after flashing.
    Are the SIM types backwards compatible?
    Can i buy these SIMS anywhere?
    Do you think that the front panel(receiver) is faulty?

Regards

LandUzu

• The sim basically determines which flash your reciever can take...

Most popular with dm800hd clones are sim 2.01

You can buy these off most good dreambox shops and probably off anyone with a broken clone if you put a request out!

Not too sure about the front panel of the reciever, it could just totally be confused! lol

Hope you get it sorted mate

• This will probably not be whats wrong with yours but worth checking

DM800 Clone Remote Problem Fixed

Cheers Ten Below,
    I had already read that post as i read it i was tearing my box down. I also tried new batts before this. Im a little dubious of the box really as the previous owner had already opened her up.

Hi glenviewjf, thanks.
    I will post a request shortly for a broken clone then.......thought i had a break through when the last image loaded. If im buying a new SIM, can i just buy a SIM2.01(or the latest model) or does it have to correspond to the box at all?

I am right in thinking that the remote should work the box, even after a fresh flash and having not been configured for anything else so far aren't i.

Regards

LandUzu

• i can now enter DHCP mode and can access the DB from internet explorer to flash an image, but what do i flash? and in what order please?

I want to flash the box with some reliable user friendly software to use with some online servers ;)

please help as best you can.

I would use a PLI image but thats a personal choice, just make sure its a sim 2.01 with bootloader ssl82 have a look at the images here on this forum you will find this one OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20110923 by gjstroom which I use good luck

Ooops missed page two LOL

• Problem now is that i have flashed a bl72 blackhole image and i can ping my DB using windows, but everytime i try to connect to the box using DCC, it says login failed, i have tried the U/N & P/W and i have tried leaving the password blank too. I have tried different connection methods, ie: router & direct.
    The box will give me the same ip address everytime no matter whether i reset the router or the box, it still will not connect. Its strange because i have had it connected fine in the past using router. I also cannot connect to it using FileZilla.

PLEASE HELP!........... :42_002:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!